Movie

The Dork and The Oblivious

Chapter 11

 

          Taemin and Sulli were nearing the first stop of their outing: the movie house. As they sauntered up the sidewalk to the theatre, she was still latching onto Taemin's arm; something she had gotten used to doing since they were children. W

          When they reached their destination, Sulli saw that several people were standing around outside the establishment, and she assumed that they were all moviegoers. But then she noticed that none of them were actually going inside the movie house. It was as if they weren't being permitted to enter. So it was to her surprise when Taemin had just strolled into the building and dragged her along with him, without so much as a second glance at the people who seemed to have been waiting a long time to get inside as well.

          After they passed the front doors of the movie house and were adequately hidden from the view of the crowd of people outside, she pulled Taemin back to a halt. When the boy tried to pull her along to keep moving, she stood her ground. She was quite perplexed with the goings-on.
 
          "Are we allowed to be in here?" She crossed her arms and gave Taemin a questioning look, "Didn't you see the people waiting outside?" 
      
          Taemin on the other hand, cocked an eyebrow and gave her a questioning look as well, as if he was confused as to why she would ask him that. And then he realized that he hadn't exactly told her yet what he had planned for them today. "Oh, that."
 
          "What do you mean 'Oh, that'?" 
 
          "I rented the whole movie house for us today." He said this so casually, as if he was only talking about today's weather, or as if what he just said was something a normal human being would do. But then again, when was Taemin ever normal?
 
          Sulli could never comprehend why a guy like Taemin not only tolerates her, but willingly hangs out with her. Heck, even her female friends in high school had talked about her behind her back saying that she was such a nag and as they would sometimes call her, a conniving leech. This was because they thought that she only hung out with Taemin (the most popular guy in school at the time) because she wanted his money, what with her only being on a scholarship and all that. But she had to cut that drama for another day and get back to the present, because she wasn't sure if she had heard Taemin correctly.
 
          "I'm sorry Minnie, could you repeat that? I think I heard you say that you rented this whole movie house, but I'm not sure if I heard correctly." Sarcasm was dripping from her voice, but it seemed that Taemin didn't quite catch it.
         
          He tilted his head, looking thoroughly confused at how Sulli was acting. "You heard right. I paid the manager here to lend us the theatre for the day. He's a really nice guy, you know."
       
          Sulli put her palm to her forehead, shaking her head slowly. It figures that Taemin would go this far and extravagant on a date that was supposed to be simple and normal. "Did you really have to do that? We could've just watched the movie with other people! You know, like normal people do?" She then shook her head and put her hands on her hips, scolding the boy. "And did you even consider the people who planned to go to the movies today?"
 
          "Of course I did! I told the manager to give them tickets for another day, and I'll be paying for all of them!" Taemin had a look on his face that showed that he was a bit hurt that Sulli would even think of him as being that mean to people. The girl laughed inwardly at her friend's answer. She knew that he wasn't being arrogant when he said this. She knew that Taemin was always very happy to do those kinds of things for other people. But then she had to ask, "But why bother to do all this?"
 
          He shrugged his shoulders, "I just wanted today to be a little special, that's all."
 
          Sulli was glad it was dark around them, or else Taemin would've seen her blush.
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
          The movie has started, and they were sitting smack in the middle of the movie theatre, entirely comfortable and content to be in each other's presence. The staff served them popcorn and a few other assortments of food, plus a carton of banana milk which was specially ordered for Taemin. It seemed that the manager was also a friend of Taemin's father. How the staff knew that he was crazy for banana milk was beyond them.
 
          "Hm. I never pegged you for the romantic type, Minnie." Her eyes were still glued to the screen as she conversed with Taemin, who was slowly sinking from boredom in his seat.
 
          "I'm not. Key hyung told me that this was an action movie." He propped his chin on his hand and huffed, "That liar."
 
          "From what part of the title "Romeo and Juliette" did you figure it was an action movie?"
 
          "He said that there was going to be a war!"  
   
          "...."
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
          Taemin looked down to his shoulder lovingly where Sulli's head was resting and whispered quietly to her sleeping form, "Heh, you were never one for romance too, huh?"
 
          She had fallen asleep halfway through the movie, minutes after she laid her head on Taemin's shoulder. The boy and asked if she wanted to leave, but she sleepily shook her head, mumbling something about already being comfortable where she was. The movie was over, but Taemin didn't have the heart to wake her up; not when she looked as lovely as she did at the moment.
 
          More than half an hour passed, and Sulli finally stirred awake. As creepy as it sounded, seeing Sulli's sleeping face was enough to keep the boy entertained for the whole duration of the time he was seated there. Taemin smirked at her as she wiped her eyes sleepily. "Morning, sleepy head." 
 
          "The movie's over? How long was I asleep?"
 
          "A few minutes." He figured he had to lie since he knew that Sulli would feel bad if she were to find out that she held up the date. But honestly, Taemin would consider this as the best part of the day so far. 
 
          She pouted at him, "You could've woken me up you know."
 
         "Don't worry about it Sulli-ah!" He pinched her cheek like he always does whenever Sulli is upset with something and ends up pouting. "Now, where to next?"
 
          The pout was gone, and a small smirk replaced it on Sulli's face, "Surprise me."  
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 
         "Really? The park?"
 
          Taemin swung back in forth in his swing before answering Sulli's rhetorical question, "Hey, the weather's good, so why not make the most out of it?" The girl grumbled softly. It wasn't that she didn't want to be in the park. In fact, she liked being there with Taemin. The weather was indeed good, and it was their usual hang out place since they were little. But she just didn't like the way the females present in the park were ogling at Taemin, constantly doing things to try and get his attention. One particular group of girls had been laughing much too loudly in their place in the park's benches since Taemin and Sulli arrived, and Sulli wasn't sure if they were just laughing at a joke or choking on the drinks they were sipping on.
 
          She told herself that she wasn't jealous. It was just unnerving. Yeah, that's right. She was not at all jealous.
 
Sulli was getting frustrated with herself and her increasingly recurrent thoughts about the boy beside her, so instead of dwelling on these thoughts, she decided on watching Taemin sway happily in his swing.
 
          He was laughing loudly at something, (not like how the girls were laughing. His laugh was a million times more genuine and real than theirs.) his legs would bend and stretch out in front of him as he swung back and forth, and his hands were gripping onto the swing's cables, much like a child's would be. He found happiness in the simplest of things purely because as he was part of a high profile family, he had always been limited to maintaining a certain image throughout his childhood and adolescence. Taemin may not seem like a complex character, but Sulli was pretty sure that that was not the case. She observed him a little bit more, and then noticed something that was on his wrist.
 
         "You still have that?" She was very much surprised as she looked at the old, worn-out bracelet on his left wrist, not quite believing her eyes. It was the bracelet she gave him so many years ago. 
 
         "Of course I still have it. It's from Sulli-ah. Why would I lose it?"
 
         He stopped his swinging and smiled at her, and she couldn't help but smile back. Her eyes sparkled as she thought of the time when they first met. And she was pretty sure that Taemin was thinking the same thing too.  
 

 
   
Here's another update! I hope you guys like it~ The next chapter will be a flashback, and I'm really excited to start writing it, haha. Don't forget to leave a review! :3