Swag

A Piece of Paper

 

Tracy didn’t come to her spot the next few weeks, too shy to show her face to the boy. However, she missed that smile, its effect on her, and the boy who always wears it. She wanted to see him, to talk to him and get to know him. She knew that she could always wait for him to pass by her spot but Tracy feels that she’s just not yet ready to show herself to him. She wanted to think of a way on how she could see him. She walked, thinking of ways to see him but she just can’t because she doesn’t even know anything about him. She didn’t know his course, his year level, heck she doesn’t even know his name!

 

She wanted to unwind, to think of the next step she needs to do to be able to see him once again. She wandered aimlessly until her feet brought her to a bulletin board wherein advertisements of all sorts were posted. And there she saw the perfect place to unwind - a dance recital. Tracy loves to dance, and is in fact good at it. So going to a recital where people would dance the whole time was the perfect thing to relax her. The recital was on the day after tomorrow. ‘Great!’, she thought. ‘I could put my mind at ease as soon as possible.’

 

The next day, her mind was still in disarray as she thought of him. Still, she couldn’t think of a way to see him, to get to know him, or at least know his name. She knows that only that dance recital can help her put her mind at ease. She got excited with the thought of the recital and got herself ready for it. She packed everything she needed - the ticket she bought a while ago, her wallet for snacks, and of course, a camera to record great performances.

 

After waiting in the line for almost hours, it was finally her turn to get in the theatre. She was seated near the middle, not far from the stage. Just right to watch the performers and see their costumes and faces well. The lights were dimmed and the program eventually started. The performances never failed to awe her. She can see that the dancers put a lot of hard work from mixing their own music to choreographing their routines.

 

She looked at her copy of the list of performers, trying to anticipate what’s next. ‘Born to Beat’, she read. ‘A nice name for a dance group’, she thought. The next group got into position as the emcees called out their name. They moved their bodies to the beat of their music, living up to the name of their group. Words such as ‘get your swag on’ were even added to the intro of this group’s song to add to the feel. Not only were these boys good at dancing, they were also good looking. But one thing caught Tracy’s attention - a smirk from one of the members of the group; a smile with more attitude, with more swag. She stared at that smirk for a long time when she realized she knew the owner of this smirk. It was him! That’s why it caught her attention. She realized that the smirk he was wearing was just a modified version of the smile he always wears. He modified his smile so that it will go well with their routine. However, despite his modification of his smile, he still managed to captivate Tracy, to mesmerize her with the littlest efforts.

 

The group’s performance ended. Other groups took their turn. But Tracy was still in shock. She couldn’t pay attention to the next performances. She cannot believe who she just saw. She saw him, and she saw him dance! ‘I came here to relax, to put my mind at ease and not to think of you for a while!’ she thought, ‘And this is what you do? Appear in a recital which was supposed to be my relaxation time?’. She was feeling all sorts of emotions at the same time. She was delighted because she saw him dance, given that he danced so~ well. But at the same time, she was also pissed since her time to relax vanished within three to four minutes of that performance.

 

At that moment, she realized why she came to watch the recital in the first place. She was here to think - to think of ways on how to see him again. She was lucky enough to see him and that smile of his. Right then and there she thought of the perfect plan. ‘I’m gonna give him another note, this time, longer.’ she thought as she organized her plan. But just like last time, she had a big dilemma - what to write?

 


Hello there~ Sorry for the short update. Hope you like it. We'll be updating soon. :D

Comment and Subscribe~