Last Note

A Piece of Paper

 

Life is just so unpredictable, it comes at you when you least expect it. This quote must have been proven to be true, especially for Tracy. She did not even expect to see him again, let alone see him dancing as if it he was meant for it. Within minutes of watching him on stage, just three minutes of his awesome dancing and enchanting smirks, Tracy was captivated. ‘How could everything he does move me,’ she thought, realizing then that she needed to do something again. She needed to finish what she started.

That same night, Tracy went to her desk and thought of what to write. She wanted to say a lot of things to him but didn’t know how to phrase everything that’s been going on her mind. That guy was just too good to be true; Tracy could not get that breathtaking dance out of her mind. “Dance...” she said, her thoughts drifting with a dreamy sigh. ‘...That’s it! Dancing!’ Realization dawning upon her, she knew then and there what to write.

 

October 29, 2012

 

Hello again. I didn’t know you could dance so well.

 

-T

 

She didn’t care if it sounded a little akin to being a stalker anymore. These are the words that she wanted to tell him. She knew that if she explained to him, things would just be weirder. She just went with the flow; and this is where the current took her.

The next day, Tracy stood on her spot, more uneasy than the first time she gave him a note. She just can’t calm down, knowing that she was probably familiar to him by now. This time, he might think that she’s really weird and all. But this time, she is more courageous - or so she thinks. ‘I was successful the first time; I may also succeed this time...right?’ she supposed, distressed at her own thinking.

With cold hands and a racing heart, she continued waiting for him. Students started to flood the corridors; all of them rushing to go to their next classes. She was searching for only one person, looking forward to get a glimpse of that captivating smile. At that very moment, their eyes met.

With her heart drumming, Tracy started approaching him, blocking his way to give the note.

“Uhm… Hey, someone wanted to give you this,” she said.

“Again?” The guy replied, seemingly surprised. “Thanks.” He smiled at her.

Tracy couldn’t do anything else but smile back at him and go the opposite direction. This time, she did not watch him leave. She just couldn’t. She has to calm her racing heart first.

That guy was so surprised when Tracy approached him again, making her worry that she did it all wrong. But then he smiled at her. As if to reassure her that what she did was appreciated. To her relief, her second attempt was successful as well. And this time, he did not only accept her note, but also said thanks and even smiled at her. ‘That beautiful smile of his, directed only to me.’ She couldn’t help but smile as well. His smile never fails to make her day.

 

However, one thought ruined her day: the semester is ending in three days. She was wondering if she could see him even after the semester. She had to find a way to be able to talk to him and get to know him. So she decided to do something.

Tracy knew she already made an impact through her notes. She knows that her notes were her only chance to talk to him or even get near him. She opt to continue her streak, so she decided to make one last note for him. If this one won’t be successful, Tracy would stop giving him notes. For it to be successful, this needed to have the most impact.

Tracy decided to introduce herself and tell him the things that she liked about him. Since this will probably the last time she’s going to do this, might as well put everything in it.

 

October 31, 2012

 

Hello there. :) It’s me again. Since the semester’s ending soon, I wanted to give you one last letter.

 

The first time I saw you, I was just captivated by your smile. It just brightens my day everytime I see it. I know you probably think I’m weird since I’ve been giving you this notes unexpectedly. But thanks for accepting them with your smile. Thank you for making my day. Thank you for smiling. Since it might be the last time, can I ask you something?  It’s nothing much but,  I hope you continue to smile… ‘Cause your smile makes others smile, too.

 

Well, this has been a long note. :P I wish you luck on your studies and in your life in general. I hope to see you and your smile next semester.

 

-Tracy

 

She had written everything she wanted to say. She knew this will probably be her last chance to see him. She still couldn’t believe she was giving a stranger her notes. The first time she did it, Tracy thought that she was just being weird, but now she believes that she must have gone insane for real.

Third time’s the charm!’  as usual, she tried to encourage herself while waiting. She just couldn’t calm herself down. Her heart was already thumping so fast and, if possible, it went even faster as if it were about to explode after seeing the boy.  He was smiling, like any other day. But this day, he was walking slower than usual, as if he was anticipating what was going to happen next. Tracy then blocked his way and smiled at him.

“Here” she simply said. She knew she didn’t need to explain what this was note was for.

“Thanks” he replied. “But will she ever introduce herself to me?”

Tracy could feel her face warming up. “You’ll know her once you read that.”

“Ohh, alright!” he answered. “Thanks again.”

He went to his next class while Tracy couldn’t even move. She just stayed at the same spot she loved the whole semester. She looked out her veranda and felt the breeze. She just stood there and just kept on thinking. She couldn’t hide her happiness.  ‘He reads my notes,” she thought, ‘he wants to know who was writing them.’  She kept on smiling to herself while feeling the breeze. She sighed, thinking how come that this breeze is so similar to the one blowing when she first saw him.

 

She was daydreaming, thinking how perfect this day was.  Just as she thought that this day could not get any better, she felt a hand on her shoulder trying to get her attention. She turned around and was surprised with what she saw -- It was him; and he was smiling at her.

“Hey! Tracy right?” he asked her. All she could do was nod. “Peniel” he smiled brighter, if that is even possible, and extended his hand to her for a handshake. Tracy did the same. She could feel her face get warmer and warmer at that moment. She just smiled at him while he was still holding her hand.

“I have to go since I have another class,” he added. “But I wanted to thank you for your notes. I appreciate them a lot.”

“Oh...you’re welcome,” Tracy replied. “Thanks for reading them.”

Peniel smiled back in reply to her and then waved goodbye. He started walking away but turned around after a few steps. He beamed at Tracy and said, “And don’t worry. I won’t stop smiling.”

 


 

Hello there! :D Here's another update after almost a week. And since our story reached its third chapter, here's a trivia. :P

This story was supposed to be a one-shot. :)) But we ended up writing it like this. Oh well, hope you like it! :D

Comment and Subscribe! ^^