Walking Her Home

A Piece of Paper

 

“Can I walk you home?” Peniel asked.

After giving letters to each other, Peniel wanted to get to know Tracy better. And since it was already late, he just wanted to go with the flow. He figured that would be best this way. Talking while walking her home.

“Sure,” Tracy replied, “but it’s a bit far from here.”

“Then, that’s even better. We could talk longer.”

Tracy could not help but blush from what Peniel has said.

“Let’s go,” Peniel said, “There’s plenty to talk about.” She just nodded in reply.

They started to walk slowly. Silence engulfing them at first, since this will be their first real conversation. They wanted to know so much about each other, they didn’t even know where to start.

“So,” Tracy asked, breaking the silence, “I see you’re good in dancing.”

“Oh, not really,” Peniel replied, trying to act as natural as possible, “I wasn’t interested at first. But it was my hyungs that influenced me into liking it.”

“Hyungs?” Tracy asked, confused from Peniel’s strange word choice.

“Oh, they’re like my older brothers, but not biologically. It’s just that they’re older than me.” He explained, “It’s a Korean thing.”

“You’re Korean?”

“Yup.”

“Then why are you here?”

“Our family has already settled here. And since I’ve met my hyu-, my friends, we decided to stay here for good.”

“Oh~ So why did you decide to form a group then? What was it called again, Born to…” she asked, trying to recall Peniel’s group’s name.

“Born to Beat,” Peniel completed her sentence, “we just love to dance, to perform.”

“You should perform more often though, not just during recitals. More people need to see your talent.”

“Thanks~” He replied, flattered with Tracy’s statements. “What about you? Seems like you’re interested in dancing, too.”

“Yeah, I like to dance every now and then. But I can’t dance like you do. That’s why I just love to watch other people dance. It inspires me.”

He smiled, thinking that she wanted to say he inspires him indirectly.

“Hey~ Why are you smiling?” she asked, smiling as well. Every time he smiles, she just couldn’t help but smile as well. “Is  there something funny? Something wrong with me?”

“Nothing,” he answered fast, “just thought of something.” Just thinking of you. And there’s nothing wrong with you, you’re perfect.

“We’re here. That’s our house, over there”, said Tracy, pointing to their house, disappointed that this long walk seemed too short.

“Oh~” was all he could say, “time sure flies when you’re having fun… I guess I’ll see you then.” I need to see you again. I need to tell you how much I like you.

“When?” she quickly asked, wanting to see him as soon as possible, too.

Think, Peniel, think. “We’ll see… Just contact me whenever you have time.”

“Alright…”

“Oh… But I don’t know your number yet.”

“Ohh, yeah, right,” they quickly exchanged their numbers, smiling. They were both thinking how this would help them meet more often.

“You better get going, it’s getting late,” she said, hesitating.

“Good night, then. See you soon.” he replied, waving goodbye. She smiled and waved back. ‘See you soon’. She thought, wanting that ‘soon’ to be as soon as possible.

“Good night,” she said as she entered her house and closed the door. She quickly went towards the window, wanting to see as much of Peniel as she can.

 

Peniel walked to his home, that smile of his never leaving his face. He went to his room and got changed. He lay down on his bed, wanting to sleep since there are still classes soon. It’s also our University’s Lantern Parade soon. ‘That’s it!’ he thought, I can bring her to the Lantern Parade. He thought of the perfect place where he can see Tracy again.

He couldn’t lay still in his bed. He thought of ways how he could ask her to the Lantern Parade. He thought and thought. And he couldn’t think of anything else than the way that brought him and Tracy together – letters.

But he wanted to write something new this time. He thought again, and again. He took his pen and paper, tapping the pen on the desk as he thought. He wanted to intrigue her and make her agree at the same time.

He tried to remember their conversation a while ago.

“What did I tell her?” he thought deeply… “We discussed how I got into dancing with my hyungs—“ he smiled with the mention of this word. Never did he smile because of his hyungs. “Thank you, hyungs!”

With that, he started to write a song in Korean – a song especially for her, a song which he can use to confess how much he likes her.

Within an hour or two, he managed to pen down a song for Tracy. “U & I” was the title of the song.

 

The next day, he taped the paper with the song to the post where he posted his letter to Tracy. He quickly texted her, ‘Go to the veranda. I left something for you. :) – Peniel’ and left the veranda.

Tracy received his message. Intrigued by what he has left for her, and yet smiling from the mere fact that he texted her. She quickly went to the veranda after her class.

As soon as she arrived, she searched for what he has left for her. And there she found a piece of paper, taped onto a post. She took the paper, and opened it to see what is inside.

She furrowed her brows together. All she saw was a bunch of what looked like scribbles. ‘Is this Korean?’ she thought, ‘Peniel~ I’ll get you for this!’ As she looked at the bottom of the paper, she saw letters she could understand.

Want to know what this means? Come to the Lantern Parade. Let’s meet here at six, the day after tomorrow”

Peniel was watching her from afar, amused by her reactions. He was hoping she would say yes.

His phone beeped, ‘Oh, yes, I’m intrigued and I want to know what it means. You better come early.’ He smiled at her reaction.

‘I’ll take that as a yes,’ he thought. ‘Alright, see you then. :P’, he replied to her message.

He wanted everything to be ready. His song, his translation, himself. He wants the Lantern Parade to be as memorable as possible for Tracy. He wanted to make sure that the night will be something she wouldn’t forget.

 



 

Hello there. :) Sorry we haven't updated this in a while, we just finished our exams (yea, we had our exam even though it's our Christmas break) :p we hope you liked this update though~


I'm currenty writing Chapter 6 so I'll be updating this probably later or tomorrow morning. :D

 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE~ :D

 

ADVANCED MERRY CHRISTMAS <3