Music to the ears

The Apple Tree

No1’s pov

The door was stuck. Destiny pushed and tugged at the door but it would not shift. Im gonna kill you for this Yoseob she thought.

The screaming blondee stopped and stared at you with his mouth dropped open.

“The door is not locked, isit?” he said in all serious now.

“It would be great if you’d come and help you know” Destiny replied while beads of sweat started to form on her head.

“Okay, move out of the way you weakling. Let superman save the day”. The guy shoved you out the way and heaved at the door. Still the door stood still.

“Aigo, there must be something wrong with the door” he said scratching his head.

“Someone locked it from the outside you idiot” Destiny answered and nudged him.

“Well, I guess you’re stuck with me until someone finds us” the guy said with an annoyed look, then he smirked.

That smirk was a smirk that would scare the living daylight out of you and it was working its powers on Destiny.

“Wh..wh..what?” she said trying not to show a hint of fear. He was still wearing that smirk and walked towards Destiny until Destiny was against the wall and their faces were only a few cm s apart.

“Hey, I’m Daehyun”. That voice sent shivers running through her spine.

“A girl and a boy in a room, you know what that means don’t you?” Daehyun said. Destiny’s heart started run fast and beat loudly.

“Pahahahah, you should have seen the look on your face!”  Then

he leant back abit now and started to sniff. “Is that pork buns I smell?” he said confused. Destiny laughed nervously but was less afraid now because of his dorkiness.

“Ahh… Yes, I had pork buns for breakfast..” she said. Daehyun clapped his hand and shouted joyously “Ohh really, I love pork buns, alongside pizza, rice and fried tofu but most of all, CHEESCAKE?!”

Destiny was confused as he kept switching modes but just giggled. “My mum’s an excellent cook and so I happen to adopt that gene and is able to cook good food too.”

“Chinja? You can cook! I cant cook but I can sure eat” he said with an eye smile. Oh those cheeks. She didn’t know what to think; he’s cute but sure weird at the same time and that moment, Daehyun was looking right through her.

“You’re probably thinking, who is this crazy guy talking to meh! Aren’t you?” Daehyun said. She shook her head but he could tell that she was lying.

“I’m sorry about all that whoever you are …” then he pointed at you and you answered “Jung Destiny”. He continued by saying “I don’t know what came over me but I guess I had to much cheesecake  today”.

Destiny un-tensed herself in relief from the thought of him being a pedo.

 

Her pov

“You know, I think we should try and figure out how to get out of here in case there is a real fire” you suggested.

“Nah, theres no point. The doors are locked. You’re stuck in here with me. How about we play a stripping game because I can feel the heat, eh?” At that moment you wanted to punch his face.

“He he he, very funny” you laughed sarcastically and glared.

“Fine, I’ll go back to what I was doing in the first place until a someone interrupted.”

Daehyun went to the earphones and put them on. He started singing again, the way you found him in the first place. His face shone like an angel and his voice tender. You just sat there on the floor closed you eyes and listened.

 

“Go choose your horse and I’ll be right there. Im just gonna pay the nice lady the fare” Dad said. Destiny waddled to a pale blue horse with a rainbow pointy point on its head. She tried getting on but it was too high. A women came and asked “Do you want to get on this unicorn?” Destiny nodded and the women put her on. She waited for her dad to come put he wasn’t around. The carousel began and the unicorn went up and down. Destiny laughed and enjoyed the wind brushing past her. When the ride finished, the women put her down and Destiny went to find her Dad, he was nowhere to be seen.

 

Tears started to roll down your cheeks and your eyes were still shut. You tried to shut them harder to prevent the tears from appearing but it didn’t work. The song suddenly stopped halfway and Daehyun came and sat next to you. He pulled you into his arms and took his sleeve to wipe your tears. “Destiny, what happened?” he asked.

“I should have waited with him. I should have been a nicer child and now hes gone” You couldn’t hold it in anymore and cried out loud into his arms. He caressed your hair like he understood and said “I understand. My mother died and my dad didn’t like me so he gave me to Grand dad, now I live with him. He’s a nice man. Don’t worry Destiny” His words comforted you and you realised that inside this happy, wild child, lays a big heart with scars. The two of you sat there drowning in silence when suddenly.

“We found the missing kids, over” A guy who seemed like a fireman opened the door and was holding his walkie talkie. He gestured the both of you to come out quickly. Your nostrils were suddenly filled with the smell of smoke. You started to panic but Daehyun kept you calm. The fireman put a foil blanket around the two of you and walked you both out safely to the court where the pupils lined up when theres a fire alarm. When you and Daehyun reached outside, you were greeted with loud cheers from the other pupils who had lined up on the court and already registered. Your teacher gave both you and Daehyun a long lecture and Yoseob kept giving you a please forgive me glances.

What a first day a school. You made it!

 

A/N I hope you guys like it, if you do , please subscribe and comment and if its confusing, feel free to ask J