Cupid in Love

Cupid in love

 

Chapter 5 “A game for LOVE”

 

Legend:

“Satomi's mind”

“Yabu's mind”

“Both”

 

Days had passed and Yabu can still picture every moment he had with Satomi at the mall. The way she smiled, laughed and not to mention how even more lovely she appeared while she was trying out the dresses and other clothing.

“If I didn’t run into Misaki chan on that fateful Sunday then there’s no way in the world that I would have been able to run into her. It’s been a while since I’ve seen her,” he thought.

“I hope Misaki chan will help me out.”

*phone rings*

He brought out his phone and answered the call.

“Hello. Yabu senpai, are you free today?”

“Oh Misaki chan, I was just thinking about you. I’m free today, why?”

“Can you come over to my school now? I have to talk to you about something.”

“Okay. So where’s your school?”

“Sakura High.”

“Alright. I’ll see you there then.”

Later, Yabu arrived at Sakura High’s entrance. He asked the guard if he could enter and tell him the directions to the LOVE CLUB’s Building.

It didn’t take long until Yabu reached the said building.

“Gates of love,” he read when he looked up.

He walked up the stairs and there, a female attendant spoke to him.

“Good day! How may I help you sir?”

“I’m here to see Misaki chan.”

“So you are here to ask for advice?”

“Not really. I don’t know. She asked me to come see her.”

“Very well then, I welcome you to the Gates of LOVE.”

The attendant guided him through the place until they reached Cupid’s workplace. The attendant knocked on the door and informed Misaki that she had a visitor. “You may enter,” the girl told Yabu.

“Yabu senpai, you finally made it.”

“Of course I am. I have a good sense of direction.”

“Really? But from what I remembered during middle school, you had bad sense of direction. That’s why we lost during the Trekking Competition.”

“That was a long time ago. Anyhow, what did you call me here for?”

“Actually, I wanted to ask you some questions about your love problem.”

“So you’re going to help me?”

“I’ll try my best.”

Yabu sat down on the chair in front of Misaki as Misaki started asking questions and writing down Yabu’s answers.

Thirty minutes later, they ended their conversation.

“I’ll see what I can do,” Misaki told Yabu.

 

The next day, Satomi went to the club to visit her friends.

Haruka and the others were a bit busy so she decided to talk to Misaki. She entered her workplace and saw Misaki watching a drama.

“Konnichi wa Cupid chan!”

“Oh, Satomi nee chan. Konnichi wa!”

“It seems that you’re busy. What are you watching?”

“A drama. A female kouhai lent me her DVD so I can watch it. Although I don’t know the title since it’s not written anywhere. I also forgot to ask her the title.”

“Oh I see.”

“What brings you here nee chan?”

“Nothing much. I just wanted to check your club out. It really looks beautiful. By the way, do you have any single guys around here that you can recommend?”

“Eh, why do you ask?”

“That’s because... Nee chan’s a bit lonely. So I’m looking for a new boyfriend.”

“Oh really. What happened to your previous boyfriend?”

“I broke up with him ages ago. He was such a baka that’s why. Anyway, do you have anyone available?”

“So far the people who came to me only asked for advice about confessing. No one really came telling me that they were single or something.”

“Oh that’s quite unfortunate.”

“Fortune...” Misaki thought.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing. I was just thinking. But if ever someone asks me the same question then I’ll make sure to contact you.”

“Okay. Thank you very much! Well, while I’m here with you, can I ask you some random stuff,” inquired Satomi.

“What random stuff?”

“What kind of person is your sempai?”

“Oh, I see. So you’re interested in my sempai aren’t you?”

“No I’m not. It’s just that he seems like a very nice person but he doesn’t have a girlfriend. Did he date anyone before?”

“I think so.”

“Okay. Thanks for answering my random questions Cupid chan!”

“But those weren’t random at all,” Misaki nagged.

Satomi left the building after talking to her friends.

 

That evening...

­“I hope Cupid chan can find me guy.”

“I hope Misaki chan will be able to help me.”

“I wonder what kind of girl he likes.”

 “I wonder what kind of guy she likes.”

 “He seems like a very nice person.”

“Just as I thought, she’s a very kind person.”

“I couldn’t help but notice the way he smiled.”

“Seeing her smile and laugh makes me smile a lot more.”

“I wonder when I will be able to see him again.”

“I want to see her again.”

“I MISS YOU.”

 

Misaki had just finished watching the drama one of her club members lent her and yet she still couldn’t get any ideas.

She turned off the TV, the lights and went to bed.

“Fortune. Fortune... Hmm...” The word kept playing on her mind until finally, just as she was about to fall asleep, she got an idea.

“Yosh! I’ll need everyone’s cooperation tomorrow,” she thought.

 

That Friday morning...

Misaki sent messages to all her club members most especially those from the Situation Set up group.

When classes ended in the afternoon, she quickly headed to their club’s building. She went straight to the lounge where she found everyone waiting for her.

 

“Alright everyone! Here’s the catch. I’ve got a guy who wants to confess to a girl he likes and he asked for my help. You all know what this means. I’ve thought of a plan on how I will get this two to see each other and the guy will be able to confess his feelings to her. Now, I would like to call this set up, FORTUNATE LOVE HUNT. This is what we’re going to do.”

It took a few hours for them to plan everything but because everyone was hyped up about it, the groupings and arrangements were properly organized. Now all that’s left was to prepare everything.

 

Just as soon as Misaki got home, she contacted her senpai.

“Konban wa Yabu senpai! I’ve got good news for you.”

“What is is Misaki chan?”

“My club and I have devised a plan on how you will be able to confess your feelings to her.”

“W... Thank you very much Misaki chan! So what can I do to assist you?”

“Well I have been able to plan everything already so, in a few days, I will contact you again for any further information. For now, think of what you will tell her.”

“Okay then. Thank you very much! This will make everything as memorable as ever.”

“You’re very welcome senpai. Take care and Good luck!”

 

Another week arrived and everyone in the club was busy with preparations. As Thursday arrived, Misaki contacted Satomi then Yabu.

“Nee chan!”

“Hello Cupid chan!”

“So how’s your search for a new boyfriend going?”

“It’s not going well, why?”

“I just wanted to tell you that we are going to have a special event in our club for all single ladies such as you.”

“Really?! What’s the special event?”

“The special event is FORTUNATE LOVE HUNT.”

“LOVE HUNT. That sounds fun. When is the event?”

“It will be this Saturday at eight in the morning.”

“I’ll be there!”

_ _ _ _

“Yabu senpai!”

“Misaki chan konban wa!”

“Everything is set. Your special event will be this Saturday at eight a.m.”

“Really?I feel excited but nervous at the same time.”

“Don’t worry about it. Everything will go smoothly. And I’m sure you will be able to confess successfully.”

“Oh well, you’re the organizer so I believe you. See you on Saturday morning then.”

“Okay! Ganbatte Yabu sempai!”

 

The day that these two people had been waiting for finally arrived.

 

Misaki stood at a stage that they had set up for the event.

“Good day to everyone! Today, we have created our very first event. And this is created particularly for our single ladies. Now let us meet our contestants.”

Satomi and other ladies made their way up the stage just as Misaki introduced them one by one.

“So after our introduction, let’s move on to what this event is all about. Firstly, this game is like a maze game and at the same time, like a treasure hunt game. All participants will be given their first clue and by the time the signal will be given, make their way through the maze by following their first clue. The following clues will be found in mini treasure chests within the maze. With the help of your clues, it will guide you out of the maze. Now I hope that is clear to everyone. Second and final thing that I will tell you is that at the end of this maze, a special prize awaits you. To whoever will reach the end, will find our dear lonely Romeo.”

 

Now please move to your places and our attendants will offer you your first clue.

Just as Satomi and the other ladies got to their places, Misaki announced, “Alright then, let the HUNT begin!”

*BANG* sounded the signal.

 

Satomi quickly opened her first clue and read, “In this life that I have lived, I haven't seen beauty such as yours. Begin this journey towards my love by walking straight ahead then take a right turn. Continue walking and turn left. There, you will find your next clue.”

She looked at both sides and the others had gone ahead of her already. Satomi rushed towards the entrance and followed the first clue.

“There’s the next clue,” she pointed at the treasure chest.

She opened it and grabbed the piece of rolled up paper.

“Look up and walk towards the direction of the sun. The warmth of your smile makes my heart melt every time I see you. As you finish reading this, you will find your next clue.”

Satomi looked up and saw the sun. “That means I’ll follow the trail going to the East.”

As she finished reading, she found the next chest.

“Open the chest that contains my feelings and hold it dearly close to your heart. I want to listen to your heartbeat. Continue walking forward and turn left after passing an intersection.”

She opened the chest and saw a small heart-shaped pillow. She held it close to her heart and continued following the instructions.

She found the next chest and took the paper inside.

“Vacuity fills my heart and mind if LOVE isn't about you. Take five steps forward and turn right.”

“One, two, three, four, five and turn right,” uttered Satomi.

“Why do I feel that this game is a bit easy,” Satomi thought as she approached the next chest.

It read,

“Ever so lovely and elegant, I can't take my eyes of you just as you can't take your mind of this game. Take three steps to the left and turn five times. Face your right and there you will find another chest.”

 

Misaki was overlooking the whole maze. She was enjoying herself as she watched Satomi make her way through the maze without difficulty.

So she announced, “Everyone is almost to the end. Hurry up if you want to meet our Romeo.”

 

Satomi heard this and hurried to find the next chest.

“Because it’s too easy that everyone is close to the end. Ah, I want to win this game and meet my new prince charming.”

“You are now close to the end and also the person I hold close to my heart. Walk forward and continue following the trail to your next clue.”

“Yes! I’m almost there,” she thought.

She continued to walk through the maze and found her next clue.

“Outstanding will everything be if you were mine, I am yours, and together our hearts become one. Walk forward and turn to your left and there you will find the final clue.”

“Final clue! Final clue! Romeo, wait for me,” Satomi said out loud.

The second to the last clue lead her to the final chest. She opened it and took the paper.

“Unbelievable I tell you that you have made it this far. It’s unbelievable also to know that every person's heart has a lock to it. And now, I'm patiently waiting for you, my key holder, to unlock mine.”

After reading, Satomi tried to look for the exit. At the end of the trail, she saw a door. She tried to turn the knob but it was locked.

“Everyone has reached the final chest. Now who will be able to get through the maze first?”

Satomi began to panic when she re-read the statement again.

“Key! Key!”

She returned to the last chest and looked for a key. But it was not there.

She got the chest and turned it upside down. She shook it wildly until the lock of the secret compartment opened.

The key fell to the ground and Satomi grabbed it.

“It looks like everyone has found their key. Hurry oh hurry, if you want to see our Romeo.”

 

Satomi inserted the key onto the keyhole and turned it.

*Click*

She turned the knobs and finally she was out of the maze.

She looked around but no one as there. She continued to walk around as she mentioned, “Romeo! Romeo! Where art though oh Romeo!?”

 

“Unfortunately, the game doesn’t end here. At this last stretch of the game, all you have to do is follow your heart.”

“Follow my heart? Where am I supposed to go?”

Satomi unknowingly started walking and walking through the maze. She then became tired. “Where are you?” she wondered sadly.

But alas, when she took a turn to the right, she saw a gazebo at the center of a rose garden.

She saw a person standing there but was looking the other way.

Satomi walked towards the gazebo and spoke, “Romeo?”

To her surprise, the Romeo that had been waiting for her was Yabu.

“Satomi chan, you made it!” He said happily.

“Wait, what? What is this about?”

“Satomi chan, there’s something I want to tell you,” Yabu began.

“What is it?”

“Do you still have the pieces of paper with you? I mean the clues that lead you here to me.”

“Yes I do,” Satomi answered as she brought out the pieces of paper.

It took only less than three minutes until Satomi understood everything.

“I’ve liked you for quite some time already. Now I wanted to say, please be my girl...”

“Yes, sure, of course! I’d love to!” Satomi quickly replied.

“Really? That’s great! Satomi, I love you!” And Yabu embraced her.

 

*Claps* *Claps* *Claps*

People started to come out from different directions and stood around the gazebo.

 

Together with her mic, “Let us congratulate our new couple! And congratulations for being part of our club’s first Situation Set up.” announced Misaki.

Yabu let go of Satomi and Satomi exclaimed, “There you are you clever Cupid!” And she pinched her Misaki’s cheeks.

 “You really are the Cupid of this school. Thank you very much for helping me find my Juliet,” Yabu thanked as he placed his arm around Satomi’s shoulder.

 

-Flashback-

After calling Yabu that Thursday evening, the following morning, Yabu went to see Misaki at her school again.

“Ohayoo Misaki chan!” Yabu greeted as he entered her workplace.

“Ohayoo Yabu sempai. So, did you make what I asked you to make?”

“Yup. And here it is,” he told her as he handed a piece of paper.

“Yes. Yes. This will be perfect to use as clues tomorrow. Let’s just see if she will notice anything.”

“Well, even if she doesn’t notice anything, I will simply tell her when she meets me at the gazebo tomorrow.”

“A surprise is a surprise after all,” Misaki stated.

“I’ll go ahead then. I still have classes to attend to.”

“Take care of yourself senpai.”

As soon as Yabu left, Misaki reviewed the paper he gave her.

 

In this life that I have lived, I haven't seen beauty such as yours. Begin this journey towards my love by

Looking up and walk towards the direction of the sun. The warmth of your smile makes my heart melt every time I see you.

Open this heart that contains my feelings and hold it dearly close to your chest. I want to listen to your heartbeat.

Vacuity fills my heart and mind if LOVE isn't about you.

Ever so lovely and elegant, I can't take my eyes of you.

You are the person I hold close to my heart.

Outstanding will everything be if you were mine, I am yours, and together our hearts become one.

Unbelievable I tell you that every person's heart has a lock to it. And I'm patiently waiting for you, my key holder, to unlock mine.”

 

“Very creative indeed Yabu senpai, the way you wrote your feelings for her,” Misaki smiled happily and recalled those that he told her during his interview.

 

He said, “Actually, we attend the same university. But it was during the entrance examinations that I met her. I don’t know if she remembers but during the entrance examination, I forgot to get my pencil case when I was preparing my things for the examination. I was scratching my head because I didn’t know what I was going to do. She was sitting beside me and noticed my behavior. She asked what was up and I told her my problem. She gave out a radiant smile, brought out her pencil case and lent me two. A month after the examination, I went to check the results and I saw her again. I smiled at her but it seemed that she didn’t remember me. Because of that, I wasn’t able to return her pencils and so I kept them safely in my room. I didn’t get her name but her face always appeared very clearly inside my head. During my first year in college, I always saw her when I went to attend any of my classes. But when I got into second year, I wasn’t able to see her anymore. It was only until that Sunday when I was with you did I see her again. She looked even more beautiful than before.”

 

-End of flashback-

 

(BOOM!!! Your long awaited [ehem, as if it was really long awaited] update is here!! hehehe I hope it made your heart jump. ^_^... Hehehe... Now you know my style of writing. It's only a matter of time until you get more of it. hehehe)

(Time to have fun with my next couple of this fan fic. Shh... No spoiling. hehe)