Cupid in Love

Cupid in love

  Chapter 2 “Sign up

 

A week later...

 

Whispers of excitement began to fill the corridors of Sakura High.

“Wow! This is so great!”

“I can’t wait to check it out.”

“Don’t you think she should’ve started this a long time ago?”

“You’re right. But even though, it’s great to hear that she finally established this.”

“Let’s ask! Let’s ask! What class is she in?”

 

Misaki, while waiting for their class to begin, was sitting on her desk while looking out the window. A few minutes later, there were several people who approached her. Misaki was surprised as to why they surrounded her.

“Excuse me, Cupid chan...” A girl spoke.

“W... What is it?”

“I... We want to join your new club.”

“Huh? How’d you know about that?”

The girl brought out a folded paper from her bag and handed it to her.

Misaki unfolded the paper and read what was written on it.

It said,

This might come as a surprise to you all but,

We know very well that Cupid’s work is all about helping those people who seek Love or have

Found LOVE but is having a hard time expressing it.

After so much thinking,

She has finally decided to start a club within our school.

You would all have an idea

On what kind of club she has established.

Now the purpose of this club is to help those who are in love.

But not only that, one of Cupid’s purposes is that,

She is also looking for people who will

Assist her in making people’s love come true.

So,

Do you have what it takes to

Work alongside Cupid in her mission

To help people find happiness in love?

If your answer is yes, then it’s not too late to ask her and together, enter the

 “Gates of Love”

After reading the pink flier...

“Where’d you get this? I don’t remember...”

“Woah, woah... Don’t get angry or anything. I... We distributed those fliers Cupid chan.” Haruka interrupted as she placed her bag on her desk.

“Eh?! Why’d you distribute fliers already?”

“Well, that is because we are almost done with the interior decorating so we’ll need people who will help you run the club. Besides, we’ll need more hands to entertain guests who will enter the club.”

*sighs*

“You have a point.”

“So, these girls want to join your club. What are the qualifications that they need to join?”

Misaki gazed at the girls in front of her while thinking of what to say. “Well then... Um... If you girls have time after class then I will give you a tour of what is behind the Gates of LOVE. It will be there where I will be asking about what qualifications that you have.”

 

Just as Misaki’s class ended there were already girls and several guys who were waiting outside of their classroom.

Misaki, Yuki, Rein and Haruka left the classroom and asked the girls to follow them to the club’s building.

                When they arrived at the entrance of the building...

“So here we are everyone. Let us begin our tour. Make sure to look around and start thinking of how you can assist in the club,” Misaki informed them.

The doors opened and the girls were amazed with the interior of the building.

“Wow!”

“The place looks so grand!”

“I expected the place to be filled with hearts and cupids but this looks even better!”

As they all entered, “Welcome girls to LOVE’s Wonderland! I know that some of you would have thought of hearts and cupids, the color of red and pink etc, but let me correct your thoughts now. I wanted to create a more comforting and radiant atmosphere for couples and people who will enter this room.”

Misaki and her friends showed everyone the lounge, the dining area for the guests, the stage, the kitchen, the comfort rooms, the changing rooms, the kitchen, and lastly, Cupid’s workplace.

By the end of the tour, they all settled at the lounge and had a meeting.

Several girls and guys volunteered to assist as the attendants while others volunteered as the cooks. And after several more minutes, all slots were filled. As for those who couldn’t choose a place to join in, Misaki thought of other things for them to help her with.

It was now sundown and just as Misaki was about to leave the building, someone suddenly entered the room.

He was tall and was wearing glasses.

“Eeto, am I too late for the tour?” he asked.

“I’m sorry but it ended an hour ago. All slots have been filled as well.”

“Eh, really? But I really wanted to join the club. Is there any way that you can give me a tour and fill me in with the possible slots that are present?”

“I’m very sorry but it’s already sundown and I have to leave. You can come some other day and we can discuss it.”

The guy looked around the room and something caught his attention.

“What slots did you say were filled?”

“Um, the Cooking group, the attending group, SITUATION SET UP group...”

“Oh I see. Well, can I apply for a slot?”

“What slot?”

“I’d like the Pianist’s slot.”

Misaki turned around and saw the piano by the stage.

“Or is there anyone who’s going to play the piano already?”

Misaki looked at the guy and asked, “What’s your name?”

“Inoo Kei desu. I’m from class 4B.”

“Oh okay. Well, no one has taken that slot yet so... You’ll be in charge with playing it then.”

“Thank you very much!” Inoo told Misaki.

The two left the campus and continued chatting.

“It’s really great to hear that you put a club.” Inoo told Misaki.

“Actually, it wasn’t my idea to put one up at all. My friends put in a lot of effort to convince me. By the way, thank you for filling up the pianist’s spot. No one knew how to play the piano so I simply thought of just putting it on display.”

“You’re very welcome. And thank you as well for giving me that spot since I really wanted to join your club.”

“So what is your reason why you wanted to join my club?”

“Well... That’s because... Um...The reason is... It’s really embarrassing to say.”

“Go on. There’s no need to be shy about it,” Misaki said with a smile.

“I want... I wanted to fin... I wanted to help you in your mission. And that’s through music.”

“Oh so, you mean that with your talent of playing the piano, you will be able to...”

“Help soothe the hearts of people and couples who enter the GATES OF LOVE,” they both mentioned.

The two laughed when they spoke at the same time.
They continued to talk until Inoo stopped at an intersection.

“Well I guess this is where we depart,” Inoo told her.

“Oh? Which direction is your house?” Misaki asked.

“This way,” he told her while pointing to the right.

“Well mine’s straight ahead.” Misaki said.

“You take care then Cupid chan!”

“You too Inoo kun!”

 

(Sorry for boring you like this. Honestly, I'm doing my best to make the upcoming chapters more exciting. Well, this is really just my way of writing. PEACE OUT!)

>Comments are greatly appreciated!<

^Thank you for reading!^