Cupid in Love

Cupid in love

 

Chapter 1 “Another year, more love life

She had just finished preparing her things and immediately after that, she went out of their house.

 

“Another school year has finally begun. Hm... I wonder what will happen this year,” Misaki asked herself as she looked at the clear blue sky on her way to school.

She looked down on her hands and started recalling, “Last school year, um... 1, 2, 3... 16, 17, 18...” *sighs* “I can’t count how many couples I have helped with their love life last year.”

“That reminds me, it makes me wonder how this love thing ever started. All I can remember was that when I was still a freshman, I just happened to helped about one, two... Five people with their love problems and soon enough, girls and guys had started asking for my advice about love. I mean, I have no idea what love is but somehow, the advice that I give always...”

Unexpectedly, someone grabbed Misaki’s left arm. With the sudden force that pulled her to the left, she stepped on her left foot thus she was outbalanced. But when she thought she was about to fall, she clasped on the person’s clothes which prevented her from falling down.

“Um, you better watch where you’re walking or else you might bump into a light post,” The stranger told Misaki when he faced him.

“Eh.. Um...” Misaki blushed so she looked at her right and saw the light post that the person was talking about.

She released herself from his support and replied, “I’m very sorry for causing you trouble. I promise I’ll look at where I’m going,” Misaki bowed and ran off.

She became tired from running so she resumed walking.

“What was I talking about again? Um... Oh, I remember. Time went by and from giving advices, things changed when Valentine’s Day arrived.  People would ask me to give the chocolates or roses and other Valentine items to the person that they liked.” *sigh* “That really caused a big fuss and so much confusion between me and some guys from different year levels. It was a good thing that before things were about to get crazy, those people who asked me to deliver their chocolates and items gathered the courage to confess their feelings to them. Oh well, I guess the good thing about the delivering and stuff was that some people would give me chocolates as a way of thanking me for what I did for them. True enough, the chocolates were very tasty. But still, it can’t change the fact that it was quite tiring. Thankfully, when the same day arrived during my sophomore year, I created my own rule that if I’m going to deliver valentine items, there’s a maximum of 50 requests from both girls and guys. During those two years of my high school life, I had been given the nickname of “Ms. Valentine.” In addition to that, it was quite unbelievable that even my sempais asked help from me. When I was in my junior year, my situation escalated to the point that I would be the one to find ways on how I will let two people meet so the other would confess his or her feelings to the other. Because of such requests, it led me to watch even more anime and doramas just to get an idea of a sweet or romantic situation. And it didn’t take long before I was about to be given the nickname of...”

 

“Ohayoo gozaimasu, Cupid nee chan!” a sophomore shouted as Misaki arrived at their school’s gate.

“O... Ohayoo gozaimasu.” Misaki replied with a smile.

“Cupid. That’s the new nickname that people from this school gave me. Thank goodness that only people from this school are the ones who know the reason why people call me such nicknames.” Misaki told herself.

Misaki continued to walk when she was greeted by her friends Yuki, Haruka and Rein.

“Ohayoo Cupid chan! We’re in the same class again!” the three of them said in chorus.

“Oh now you’re calling me that name also?”

“It can’t be helped since you ARE the MATCHMAKER...”

“A.K.A Ms. Valentine...”

“Slash Cupid”

“Of our school,” Yuki, Haruka and Rein replied in unison.

“Fine, fine. I get what you mean already. But I still can’t understand why people come to me for advice and stuff. I mean, I only got those from watching anime and doramas. Why can’t people do what I do? Possibilities are that they’ll probably be able to find solutions on their own.”

“It sounds like a good idea but for me, I would still choose to ask from you since the way you give advice is very different.” Haruka told her.

“Different? What do you mean?” Misaki questioned.

“Different in a way that not only do you give advice but, you properly explain that advice that you have given therefore it is easier to understand.” Rein answered.

“I agree with the two of them,” Yuki stated.

“I still don’t get it,” Misaki said as she shook her head.

 As they continued their conversation, the four girls entered their class and immediately, Misaki placed her bag on the desk by the window at the very back of the last row.

Haruka placed her belongings on the desk beside Misaki while Rein and Yuki sat on the desks in front of them.

 

Misaki continued to listen to her three friends’ conversation as she fixed her things. She then looked out the window, and had a very good view of the school’s field. Not only that, she saw the closed gym, the swimming pool and when she looked down, someone was looking at her from below. Quickly, she withdrew herself and sat down again.

The person below smiled and continued walking.

Misaki waited for a few seconds and slowly peeked out the window. She saw the person walk away and she wondered, “Who is that person? I don’t think I’ve seen that person before here in school.”

“Cupid chan, what are you doing?” asked Haruka.

Misaki turned around and replied with a smile, “N... nothing.”

Haruka looked out the window but saw no one. She turned to Misaki and spoke, “Anyway, as we were saying, you should have an office or start a club here in school.”

“Office? Club? What for?”

Haruka began to elaborate, “You know. Since you are our Ms. Valentine/Cupid chan/Matchmaker chan, you should have a LOVE CLUB or an office here in school so that you will be able to have a proper conversation with your clients.”

“Eh? You’re making it sound like I’m a psychiatrist of some sort. And me, have an office?  It sounds too formal.” Misaki stated while she imagined herself sitting on a comfy chair with a client lying on a day bed while talking about her/his love life.

“That’s not what I meant. You’re over thinking it. But it would be nice to have a comfy chair for you to sit in so that the ideas and thoughts would come to you easily,” Haruka told her.

“Anyway, the point about this is that it would be easier for your clients to find you if they need help. As for the club, the purpose of it is that you will have people to assist you in your SITUATION SET UP and other purposes,” Yuki explained.

“And who would want to join a club like that?” Misaki asked.

“Us.” The three told her.

“Eh? You’re not serious are you?”

“Yes we are. Besides, I’m sure there would be a lot of people who would want to assist you.” Rein added.

“It sounds like a good idea...” *shakes head* “No. No. I don’t want to take this to another level. Things are okay the way it is and I don’t want to get any more attention. Moreover, we are already seniors so we should focus more on our academics,” Misaki defended.

“That’s too bad if you won’t take things to the next level. And it’s even worse when you plan on stopping this LOVE ASSISTANCE of yours,” told Yuki.

“Ooh... I agree with you. *frowns* I feel so sad because there are so many people here in school who need help and whose hearts are struggling to try and confess their feelings to a person but because they are just too timid that they can’t find the courage to tell them. That is why they need the help of an expert and we all know who that is.” Rein stated as she looked at Yuki and Haruka then faced Misaki.

Yuki patted her on the back as she said, “I know how you feel Rein chan. its times like this that when you need someone the most, that person suddenly decides to back out from such world of LOVE. And therefore, the result is more struggling people and hopeless ones. This school needs a hero, a love saver, a...”

“Okay, okay. Stop with all your statements of hopelessness etc. I’ll do it. I’ll continue to help those people who need a push in their love life,” Misaki answered.

“High Five!” the three girls laughed. “I was thinking that we wouldn’t be able to convince you despite our pleas,” they told her.

“Yeah it worked very well. Good job to the three of you.”

Another person entered the conversation and she stated, “Good job with what?”

The four girls looked up and greeted, “Ohayoo Airi sensei!”

“Good morning girls! So what was it that you were talking about just now?” Airi asked.

“We were just talking about Misaki having a LOVE CLUB since we all know how well-known she is here in school,” Haruka replied.

“That’s a great idea! I love it! Let me help you out with your LOVE CLUB okay Cupid chan?” told their sensei.

“Ah sensei, you don’t really have to do that,” Misaki refused.

“It’s okay. I’m totally fine with it. Anyway, it’s the only way I can assist you. After all, you helped me before with my love problems. Oh, that reminds me, we have a club room that is vacant. The journalism club transferred to a much spacious room but I think that room would be enough for you to utilize. It has a lounge, a desk and a comfy just for you, it’s air-conditioned, it has its own kitchen and dining table, and many more. I’ll just inform the principal, that you will be using the room for this school year.”

Unable to give a reply and an explanation because of what their sensei had told Misaki, all she could do was nod and say, “Thank you very much for your help!”

“She really is very easy to convince,” Haruka joked.

“Change of topic. By the way, Airi sensei, why are you here in the first place?” Misaki asked.

“Oh I forgot to tell you. I’ll be your homeroom teacher again. I saw four familiar faces when I entered the room so I thought of talking with you before classes began,” Airi told them.

“Yay! That’s very good to hear!” Yuki and Rein stated.

“Well then, it’s about time to start our class. Now you girls behave this time already. I’ve handled you before so I know you quite well,” Airi warned them.

“Hahaha! We understand sensei. We promise to behave properly,” the four girls assured her.

“Well then, let’s start our classes,” Airi said as she left the four and walked towards the teacher’s table.

 

The Following day....

 

Immediately after their class ended...

 “Cupid chan! Cupid chan! I’ve got good news for you!” Airi called out to Misaki.

After fixing their belongings, Misaki and her three friends walked over to their teacher’s table and asked what was up.

“I am pleased to inform you that the principal agreed that you use the vacant room that I was talking about yesterday,” Airi spoke with a big smile on her face.

“Yes! You finally have your own workplace Cupid chan!” Haruka spoke excitedly.

“Here’s the key to the room,” Airi said and she handed Misaki the key.

“Let’s check out the room now and by then, we will plan how to decorate the place,” said Rein.

“W... Wait a second. Decorate? I’m starting to imagine large HEART cut-outs, a large cut out of Cupid, red and pink wallpaper and...” Misaki thought.

“Ah, you’re right! I was thinking the same thing Cupid chan! The place will look wonderful.” Yuki stated.

“Not to mention full of LOVE...” Haruka added.

“Mm. I agree! What do you think Cupid chan?” Yuki asked.

“Ss... That’s the problem. I was thinking of creating a different interior with less HEARTS and CUPIDS. I was thinking... Have you watched Ouran High School Host Club before?”

“Yup. We have. But what does a HOST CLUB have to do anything with the interior and the club?”

“No. No. Well, don’t think so much of the HOST CLUB idea but it has that kind of... You know, um... I was thinking of creating a more relaxing atmosphere that people will experience once they enter the GATES of LOVE.”

“Gates of love... Wow! That’s a great name for your workplace! I totally love it!” Yuki mentioned.

“It seems that Cupid chan has become more interested with the idea of having a club. Well, you can continue planning the interior once you get inside your workplace,” Airi told them.

“No. Wait. I was just...” Misaki tried to defend herself.

“No need to be shy about it Cupid chan. Now let’s go and check your new workplace!” her three friends said as they pulled her.

The girls arrived at the entrance where Misaki’s new workplace was located. Misaki brought out the key and unlocked the door. She turned the two knobs and when she pushed the doors...

“Woah! It’s more spacious than I thought!” Yuki shouted.

“Sensei! This is not a room! This is a building! This is the previous building of the Journalism Club! How could she say that this is a room? ” Misaki shouted.

“I can imagine it now; the look of this place once we’re done decorating it. I’ve pictured the setting in Ouran High School Host Club with just one look of this room.” Rein mentioned.

“Yosh! So let’s start planning everything from tableware, to silverware, to table linens, and curtains... I mean everything!” said Haruka.

 

(So here's the first Chapter. I hope it wasn't boring.)

>Comments are greatly appreciated!<

^Thank you for reading!^