Chapter 3

We Were In Love!

"Kiseop..." Hye Mi whispers to herself in the cafeteria. She stares at the picture of the two of them in her wallet. "Lee Kiseop, what has happened to us?"

Hye Mi was sitting alone in the cafeteria, since she reserved a seat for Woohyun who was kept in class to talk to the Professor.

She suddenly sees her best friend, Hae In, walk past. "Hae In Unnie!" she says, catching up to her. "Hey, Unnie, what's up? You haven't been answering my calls, replying to my messages or anything... Is there anything we should talk about?"

Hae In turns around and glares at her. "Ani. I don't want to talk to you. There's nothing we should talk about. I can't even call you my best friend anymore."

Hae In's words hurt Hye Mi. "Yah, I can't believe you... Are you even the same person I saved three years ago?"

Hae In shrugs, "I don't know... But I know the old Kim Hae In was worthless. She only followed Park Hye Mi... She was only like a follower!"

Hye Mi stares at her in disbelief, with watery eyes. "Unnie, you never were my follower. You were nothing like that! I looked up to you!"

They started to grab people's attention. Hae In smirks. "You ."

Hae In harshly slaps her across the face. "You looked up to me?! Of course you did! I have everything! Everything that you don't! BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO FATHER. YOUR FATHER HATED YOU. HE ABANDONED YOU--,"

Hye Mi slapped Hae In back, just as harsh, to shut her up. "Hae In. You do have everything I don't have. You're rich, beautiful, smart, and you have a complete family... But you no longer have a friend who believes in you."

Hae In stares at her in disgust. "You ! You don't know anything! My parents divorced because your stupid mother seduced my father!"

Hye Mi's eyes widen. "Wh-What?"

Hae In lets her tears fall, and then runs off.

"Hae In Unnie..." Hye Mi whispers, as everyone starts asking if she was feeling alright.

Hye Mi follows to where Hae In had gone to. "Unnie... I'm sorry... But..I didn't want my mother to get re-married, either. I'm sorry for all I had said."

Hae In pushes her. "Get away from me!"

Hye Mi smiles. "Unnie, forget what I said earlier. I still believe in you, and I still look up to you. I know that you're an amazing person..."

Hae In covers her ears, and shouts. "Shut up! I'm different now! Just hate me! Hate me, Hye Mi! I stole Kiseop off you!"

Hye Mi's eyes widen. "Y-You...wh-what?"

Hae In nods. "That's right, I'm the one that you hate! I stole your boyfriend. Go on, hate me."

Hye Mi stares at her, unbelievabely. "I...don't believe you."

"Then don't. Hye Mi. Listen to me. Move on to Woohyun. Forget about Kiseop. Forget about me, too. Just hate me and Kiseop from now on. We shouldn't be in your life anymore. You must remember to hate us. Always."

Hye Mi shakes her head. "Unnie! Are you crazy?! I will never forget the two of you! You both are a big part of my life! I love the two of you, and I can't--"

"We can't love you back." Hae In says. "I'm sorry."

Hae In leaves, leaving her dumbfounded. "What's going on?"