F i v e

100 tales of horror

Kris POV  

"Just stop it." I replied angrily at my wife. What had happened to us? We used to be so close. We used to be so loving . Now we just argue everyday.

"WuFan. You jerk. How could you." I looked at her, tears were streaming down her face, her expression was full of hurt. 

"What are you talking about, " I replied, looking at her hurt face made my heart hurt as well. When she's sad, I'm sad. 

"You were cheating on me." She replied simply, as if she had given up. 

"I didn't, " I replied abruptly , how could she think that way? Did she not trust me? Did she not know how much I love her? 

"I saw with my own eyes Wufan." 

"NO. How can you not trust me? Do you not love me?! How many times must you accuse me of something that i didn't do!! " I replied, getting angrier by the second. I could feel the anger rising in me. 

I clenched my fist and slapped her before I could stop myself. She was knocked back on impact, her head hitting the wall roughly. My eyes widened when I saw the blood on the wall, she crumpled to the floor. I walked closer , putting my finger near her nose, she wasn't breathing anymore. I could feel tears gather in my eyes. I didn't mean to .. I was just so angry.. I- 

"Daddy? Mummy?" I heard my 6 year old son , calling me. I could hear the small thumping sounds as he walked down the stairs. I panicked and dragged my wife to the storeroom, hiding her there. 

"Yes? Why are you out of bed?" I asked, going towards my son, carrying him and bringing him up to his room, tucking him in , " Go back to bed." 

~

The next morning, when we were eating breakfast, I kept looking towards my son's direction. I had prepared an excuse that his mother had gone to a business trip overseas and a bunch of excuses if he asked any other questions. I waited for my son to ask that question, to ask where his mummy was. But that question never came. He's 6 years old now. He should know that his mummy is gone. 

I pretended to look through the newspapers. The truth is , my heart was pounding, I couldn't even take in a single word of the newspaper that I was reading. None of the words seem to be registered in my brain, all i could hear was my heart thumping loudly in my chest. 

When the school bus came to pick him up , he happily skipped from the front door to the bus. One question kept on appearing in my mind , "Why didn't he ask the question? "

~

Days had gone by ... weeks had passed... Yet my son never asked me where his mummy was. Wasn't he worried about her? So why didn't he ask anything?  If he asked, I wouldn't feel as guilty. I cried every night, I couldn't sleep without thinking about the fight. My mind was always replaying scenes of that night. I really regret it, why did I get so angry? Why did I push her? Now she isn't coming back at all. Why ? 

I couldn't take it anymore. I had to ask why son why didn't he ask about his mother. Isn't he worried about his dearest mother? Won't he be concerned about his mother's disappearence? 

During dinner,I asked , not looking up from my plate, " Aren't you worried about mummy?" 

"Huh? Why would I be?" My son replied, he continued to shove mouthfuls of food in his mouth.  

What? His mum was gone for weeks, why wasn't he worried? Wasn't he concerned? Didn't he love his mother? 

"I don't understand? Mummy was gone for weeks." I continued, looking at him now.

"What are you talking about daddy? Mummy was standing behind you all along!" 

 


5/100 

It's kind of short though .. For the next few, i already have a few ideas, but it's going to be quite short? I'll try to lengthen it >< How was this chapter though? 

 

I corrected some of my mistakes and re wrote some of the sentences.