S i x

100 tales of horror

Changmin POV. 

 I continued walking my route, doing routine check ups for patients in the different wards. I had the night shift today. Soon, it was already 9pm. Most of the patient were asleep. The night shifts are always calm, except for the accidents that happen once in a blue moon. Other than that, it was peaceful. After years of hard work, I had finally became a doctor.  My hard work and determination paid off. After years of being housemen, and a training doctor. I finally was able to choose the department that I liked. After 6 months spent at each department , learning the work done by each. I finally chose cardiology. 

  The hospital corridors were empty , ocassionally, I would pass by some cleaners , nurses or other fellow colleagues.  This was the only negative point on working the nightshift. You were alone most of the time. Even the new housemen were asleep at their dorms or homes at this time. They only worked the shifts in the morning. 

  As I passed by the windows of each wards, I couldn't help but think what the seniors told us , when I joined the hospital as a houseman.

"When are on the night shift, make sure you don't let anyone on level 4 go on the same lift as you. Make sure that their wrists doesn't have any wristbands on them." 

  I didn't understand why at first, as i was more familar with the hospital layout, I realised that level 4 was where the morgue was. During the nights, that level was usually empty. Thinking about it gave me the creeps, so i just pushed the thought to the back off my mind and pressed the down button of the lift. I had beem working at level 5 the cardiology department. Level 6 was the neurology department. The first few levels were the operating rooms and the accident and emergencies unit and the urology . 

  I wanted to head down to the 24 hour restaurant on level 1 for a quick bite and a cup of coffee. There wasn't any emergencies, and if there were, I could rush up straight away. The lift arrived and inside was a woman , she saw me and gave me a warm smile. I smiled back and went in the lift with her. As the lift door closed, I asked her which department she was from, and she told me that she came from level 6. 

  The lift stopped , I glanced up only to notice that we have stopped on level 4. I immediately pressed the close button when the lift door opened. The lift door quickly closed. As it closed, I caught a glimpse of a woman with long hair, on her wrist was a wristband and she was smiling at me. 

  "Why did you close the door?" The woman asked, I had forgotten that there was another person in the lift. 

  I took a deep breathe, I could hear my heart pounding loudly in my chest, I tried to steady my breathing and replied ," I don't think she was human at all.. "

  "Huh?" She looked at me confused. 

  I explained that the woman had a wristband there, and people only have it when they are certified as dead and the fact that level 4 was the morgue and no one should be there at this time. 

  No good. My heart was still pounding. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Until i heard a giggle, a sort of laughter that made a chill run down my spine . My eyes immediately shot open, looking at the woman in the lift with me. 

 "Doctor, Are you talking about this?" She lifted up her hand, showing me her wrist. There was a wristband on it. 

 


This is abit short though... I apologise. >< This story was from my friend. She told me about it a few moths ago. This story actually made made me really freaked out. But i did post 3 stories today~ ^^