chapter 4

Love Gone Bad

Chapter 4

Jungshin was well aware of the contents in Yonghwa's text message. He suspected long ago that Yonghwa still has feelings for Seohyun and his heart aches for his friend who could not pursue the love of his life in the name of friendship. 

Just then, Yonghwa received a reply. 

 

"Seohyun 3:45a.m.

Jealous about what?"

 

"I have something to tell you Seohyun ah. Can I see you tomorrow at 10pm? I’ll pick you up." Yonghwa typed immediately, but only to stare at his phone once again.

“Hyung, do you need help again?” Jungshin grinned at Yonghwa.

“Nah. This time, I’ll do it myself.” And Yonghwa hit the send button.

--

-The next day-

“CUTTTTTTT” The director yelled. “What are you doing Miss Seohyun? We already had 46 takes. I need you to give me a serious and y expression, not a blank one! Can you please focus a little more? Remember, y!!”

“Yes I will. I’m so sorry” I bowed and apologized to the production crew. I couldn’t focus all day and I spent the night up yesterday thinking what Yonghwa’s gonna tell me tonight. It's barely an hour more to 10pm and I really can't wait any longer.

Fortunately, we managed to wrap up 10 minutes before 10pm and C.N. blue had a schedule at the SBS building too. We met each other secretly  at the entrance of the building and headed to a quiet cafe nearby. He ordered an ice coffee while I ordered a hot goguma latte while we settle down. 

"Seohyun ah"

"Hmm?" I answered a little too quickly.

"Actually... I have a confession to make. I hope you will understand why things ended up like this okay?", Yonghwa said in a serious tone.

"What is it oppa?"

"It was all my fault", he said as he swirl his ice coffee.

"Jonghyun... he likes you... you know that right? He talks about you all the time.", he said matter of factly. I was a little taken aback by how frank he was.

"He has never told me though." I replied.

"Weren't you ever curious why I stayed away from you all these time?", he tilted his head up to look at me. All the time, I thought. All the time. But I just couldn't bring myself to say it. 

"I just thought... maybe you didn't like me?"

"Babo." He whispered softly under his breath. "I used to be a real player you know, before we started filming We Got Married. Back then, I had no choice but to commit to you because it was part of the rules that all couples have to follow.

But as time passed, I realised I began to fall for you... and you, being all good and appropriate,  really wasn't my style." I nodded my head as he looked at me seeking some form of consent to carry on with his story.

"Back then, I was still trying to figure out my emotions... when Jonghyun asked me if I liked you. Don't ask me why I said no because up till this day, I still regret my answer very much. I swear I'm the stupidest man in this world ever and if god were to give me another chance, I would have told him how I truly felt. I wouldn't have let my ego get in between us!" He said staring at the ground, looking really remorseful. I couldn't help feeling a little mad at what he did even though I was really glad that he did fell for me.

"So... is that all you wanna tell me?" I asked anxiously. Then, he looked up at me with blazing eyes.

"I wanna say that - Seo Ju Hyun, if you are willing to give me another chance, I'll do things right this time round. Even though Jonghyun is my good friend, I'll find a way to tell him. And I wanna say that...

 

I like you."

The world seemed to have stopped revolving at that moment; and it felt like it was just me and him in the cafe. I looked back into those soft brown eyes, wishing time would stop right then.

"I.. I-" 

"It's alright." He interupted me before I could say that I like him too. "You don't have to give me your answer now. I know these may be too much to process, but I'll wait for your decision. Get back to me soon okay?" he said gently.

"I will oppa." Yes... I need to ask Hyoyeon unnie what she thinks about this first. Both of us finished our drink quickly after that because it felt awkward and he sent me back home for the day. I was feeling really disorganized throughout the ride home... what should I do?

--

"Thank you for patronizing us!" The shopkeeper said to Yonghwa and Seohyun cheerfully as they left. Jonghyun was speechless. He slumped into the arm chair as he buried his face into his hands behind where Yonghwa sat moments ago. Did Yonghwa just tell Seohyun that he still likes her? Jonghyun was as shocked as Seohyun was, only that it was more of a bad shock instead of a good one. His eyes burned of betrayal and anger as he left the shop in a hurry. 

They'll never ever be together as long as I'm alive. He vowed. He'll find a way to tell me? We shall see.

 

-End of Chapter 4-

 

 

 

Note: Judging from the way the story is evolving, please take note that I would be changing the title of this FF to "Love Gone Bad". Sorry for the confusion. ^^