-Chapter 1-

Love Gone Bad

 

CHAPTER 1
 
 
"SEOHYUN AH, I CAN'T FIND THE SELF HELP BOOK YOU MENTIONED! CAN YOU COME GIVE ME A HAND?"
                                       
"Neh unni!", and off I walked to my room. "There, here you go", I said sweeping off the dust on the book. "There's lots to learn from this book Hyo Yeon unni. Please finish reading the book this time!"

"Ya! If the books were interesting I would have finish reading them all!", she exclaimed as she took the book away from me.
                                   
Both of us laughed as Hyo Yeon unni made her way out of the room. I cleared up the mess she left behind while looking for the book - and then I saw, the box from a year and a half ago. I hesitated as I picked up that box of memories, wondering if all that happened was really just part of a made believe show.

I opened the box, carefully taking out the contents inside; there was the hand knitted scarf, the hand-made books, the necklace... and of course the ring. I snuggled into the scarf taking a huge breath, hoping to smell the scent that belonged to him. But once again disappointment rushed through me - it was all gone.

Tears well up in my eyes as I quickly put the stuff back into the box. "Seohyun ah are you okay?", I fumbled and wiped those tears away while Hyo Yeon unni came and gave me a big hug. 

"Maybe we shouldn't have encouraged you to join that show afterall..." she said giving me a light squeeze on the shoulders. I felt a choke in my throat but I held it back.  "it hurts my heart to see you like this."


- A few weeks ago -
*bzz ringgggg bzzz ringggg*
it's 4am as I dragged Taeyeon unni and Fany unni out of the bed. We set off for the salon after washing up and having our breakfast. It was a quiet journey there since all us of us were pretty tired with schedules to almost midnight yesterday.

Taeyeon and Fany unni were catching up on their sleep while we were in the salon having our hair done. Then, someone entered the hair salon and a familiar voice spoke flirtatiously to the counter staff.

"Min Joo yaaaa! How have you been? Why haven't you called oppa for so long! You know you're my favorite right?"
 
He laughed mischievously as he walked away. It can't be. I thought to myself. And our eyes met thought the mirror.
 
"Kyaaaa Seo Ju Hyun!! I haven't seen you in a while yeah! " 
 
"Neh... Yonghwa oppa.. Uh.. how have you been?" Immediately I regretted how I stumbled through my words. I swear I could have done better.
 
"Good as usual." He looked away. "I'll see you in abit. Call me and I'll buy you a drink Seohyun!" He said as he hurried off to greet his hairdresser. 
 
--
 
The day passed by and I can't think of anything else besides what happened in the morning. After removing ny makeup, I slumped into my bed and his words crept into my mind unknowingly - call me and I'll buy you a drink. It's not like he doesn't know I don't drink. Should I call him? Maybe I shouldn't. I should wait for him to call me... but I've waited for a year and a half already. I want to call him. Suddenly, my phone buzzed to life. 
 
Incoming Call
Jung Yonghwa 
 
Speak of the devil I thought. Taking a deep breath, I slid my brand new Galaxy S3 to answer.
"Yeoboseyo?"
 
"Hyunnnn! We're around your dorm and we're gonna go for a drive, do you wanna join us?"
 
"Uh.. I think-"
 
"Just come it's gonna be fun!!"
 
I paused for a few seconds, hesitating if I should sneak out at this hour. Manager oopa will be mad if did. But... 
 
"Okay, I'm feeling a little bored too. What time will you be here?"
 
"In half an hour Hyun! See Ya"
 
-End of Chapter 1-