Chapter 3

Love Gone Bad

 

Chapter 3

"Oppa! What's wrong?" I asked Yonghwa as he dragged me out of the room. He ignored me and continued to pull me into the lift.

"Do you know what you're doing?!" He questioned me furiously after the lift shut its door tight.

I'm confused. What did I did do to make him so mad? HE was the one who asked me out and HE was the one who left me alone. I should the one mad at him and not the other way round.

"I don't know what you mean. What exactly happened?"

"If you don't like Jonghyun, don't lead him on! One moment you're ignoring his messages and the next moment you're giving him your girlish little giggles!! You're behaving like this and you don't know what I mean? You must be kidding me!"

I was speechless, shocked beyond words. Did he mean that I was playing with Jonghyun's feelings? Did he think that I am that kind of person? After all those months and months of time we spent filming together, did he really not know who I am? I stared blankly back at him, searching for words to say inside my mind, but the overwhelming disappointment left me with nothing to answer his hurtful accusations.

After exchanging stares for what seem like a thousand years, the lift finally reached the ground floor.

"Think whatever you want", I loosen his grip on my wrist and left this damn place.

--

!! What did I just do?!

Yonghwa thought as he punched the walls of the lift. Yes, he couldn't stand how Seohyun giggled with Jonghyun earlier on in the van nor could he stand the idea of Seohyun being mesmerized by any other man except himself. But he knows, deep in his heart, he's so not over Seohyun and worse yet, he just hurt her feelings. Real bad. Not only that, now he has to think of an excuse to tell the boys when he go back too. 

"Screw this" Yonghwa jammed the 3 button in the lift and head back to the band room.

--

"Hey hyung, what happened?" Jonghyun rushed to ask Yonghwa the moment he set foot into the room. 

"Nah nothing much. Hyoyeon texted me that their manager realized Seohyun's missing and she told me to pass on the message because Seohyun isn't answering her phone." Relieved with his lie, Yonghwa slumped into the sofa.

"Why didn't you send her back?! You should have told me so I could have sent her home! It's 3am now and you're making her go back alone? She's So Nyuh Shi Dae's Seohyun you know?" Jonghyun said with angst, apparently because he hasn't spent enough time with Seohyun yet. She had to leave just when things were picking up. 

"Can I have a little peace? Please?" Yonghwa pleaded. He has got enough issues on his mind already.

And so Jonghyun decided to give Yonghwa the space he needed while Yonghwa continue to vex over what he said to Seohyun. He knows he owes Seohyun an apology but he doesn't know how he should go about saying it. Then he thought of sending her an apology SMS.

 

"Seohyun ah. I was kidding just now. Don't take what I said to heart alright?" 

 

Who makes this kind of joke? He thought. So he erased the message and decided to give it another try. However, the usual witty Yonghwa spent another 30 minutes attempting to type a decent apology message to no avail. Just then, he typed...

 

"Seohyun ah. I'm very very sorry for what I said to you just now. I didn't mean any of it at all... and it was all because I felt really jealous."


"SEND!!" Jungshin exclaimed as he hit the send button on Yonghwa's phone 
from behind.

--

I was angry, really angry. I think I haven't felt such anger in such a long time. You're behaving like this and you don't know what I mean? These words kept lingering on my mind. Did I really like such a jerk? He wasn't like this before. The worst thing he ever did to me was losing the scarf I knitted for him, and he was really sweet to me too even when the cameras were off. Which was kind of the reason why I hope something more could happen between us. What did I do? 

"Miss, we've reached. 31500 Won please."

I was so engulfed in my thoughts that I didn't realised that I've reached home. I handed the cabbie 35000 Won and I told him to keep the change. 

It was a cooling night and I didn't wanna go back just yet. I've never realised that our neighborhood could be so peaceful and so I decided to take a stroll for a bit. 

You have a message! 

I dugged out my phone from my bag and took a seat on a bench.

 

"Yonghwa 3.43a.m.

Seohyun ah. I'm very very sorry for what I said to you just now. I didn't mean any of it at all... and it was all because I felt really jealous."

 

What is he jealous about? Me and Jonghyun? He's driving me crazy I swear. Anger, disappointment, curiousity, excitement, thrill, nervousness; I was feeling these emotions all at once. My hands trembled as i typed a reply. 

 

"Jealous about what?"

 And I sent the message out. Could it be that he likes me? Of course not Seohyun ah, said the inner voice in my head. If he really did he would have suggested something to you after you guys ended on We Got Married. Maybe he was jealous over something else. Don't get your hopes too high up, you'll end up falling even harder if you did.

Sometimes, I hate how rational my mind is, but I really can't help anticipating something more. 

--

"JUNGSHIN AHHHHH!!! WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?!" Yonghwa burst out.

"Helping you make a decision? You've been staring at that phone for half an hour already."

"Did.. did you see what was in the message?" Yonghwa flustered.

"Don't worry. The nation's chingu will never do something like that." Jungshin winked. 

-End of Chapter 3-