Chapter 2

Love Gone Bad

 

CHAPTER 2
 
I put on a set of casual outfit; white shorts with a grey tanktop under a light blue denim shirt. As punctual as usual, he reached just 3mins before 1 and I sneaked out carefully without making any sound. 
 
"Hyun!! Looking good eh!" Yonghwa said in a cheeky manner.
 
" Annyeonghaseyo Seohyun-ssi."
 
"Annyeonghaseyo." I greeted the boys back. My heart skipped a beat as I took the seat beside Yonghwa. How long has it been since we were this close together? "Where are we going?"
 
"You'll know soon enough", and off we went. Half of me was regretting my decision to sneak out and the other half was feeling super-duper thrilled. It was a pity that the boys were here too but I figured it was better than nothing.
 
"Seohyun-ssi, how have you been? It has been a long time since we saw each other isn't it?" Jonghyun asked, somewhat hanging a nervous expression on his face. I felt a pang of guilt rush through me as I was reminded of how I "forgot" to reply his text messages last month.
 
"Yeah.. I've been pretty busy with my promotional activities with Taeyeon and Tiffany unni."
 
"Ah. Twinkle~ twinkle...?" He said as he tried to move to the song awkwardly. I managed a giggle and nodded my head while he chuckled in return. 
 
I stole a glance at Yonghwa while thinking of what to say to him. But before I could think of anything to say, he put on his headphones, closed his eyes and went into anti-social mode.
 
--
 
After a what-seem-to-be 30 minutes drive, we finally reached our destination. I know this place. It was the band practice room the boys go to all the time. 
 
We headed up to the band room and I was shocked by the state it was in. Bowls of ramyeons and empty cans were all around the table. Needless to mention the stink that came along with all these junk. 
 
The boys settled down as if nothing's wrong and Yonghwa said,
 
"I'll go get some drinks and snacks from the mart nearby. Be right back!" I caught him eyeing Jonghyun.
 
"Hyung wait for me!"
 
"Me too!!"
 
Everyone left in a hurry and there I stood, with Jonghyun, in this room, alone. 
 
"Ahahaha... urm... Anything you wanna do Seohyun-ssi?"
 
I let out a sigh unknowingly. "Let's clear up the room shall we?" 
 
"Neh!" 
 
--
 
"Ya! Will the 2 of you pace up a bit?" Yonghwa snapped at his 2 dongsaengs as he regret leaving Seohyun and Jonghyun in the band practice room alone. It should be me in the room now, he thought. But Jonghyun is his dongsaeng, his most reliable team mate and most importantly, his best buddy. 
 
 
"Hey hyung, are you sure you don't like Seohyun? Your feelings for her are just made-believe am I right?"
 
"Yeah yeah how many times do you wanna ask me?"
 
"Awesome. I don't want things to get complicated so yeah... I just wanna let you know I like Seohyun."
 
 
Yonghwa was reminded of how his stupid pride turn things this way. He thought that the distance he put himself away from Seohyun would have eased his feelings for her but in fact, it hasn't. Not one single bit. Looking at how gorgeous she is becoming day by day makes Yonghwa wanna slap himself in his face.
 
"Hyung... HYUNG!" Minhyuk waved as he brought Yonghwa's soul back to reality. "Let's take our time to go back. It's not like we're in a hurry. Besides, Jonghyun hyung wouldn't want us to go back anytime soon too!" Minhyuk smirked.
 
"I wanna go back quickly.. urm.. you know. To practice for our new song." Yonghwa freaked out for a second. He carefully peers through the corner of his eyes at his band mates to see if they've seen through him but fortunately, they seem time be more interested in an abandoned puppy rather than his excuse.
 
Relieved, Yonghwa pulled the 2 of them into the nearby 7-11.
 
--
 
The boys grabbed some sweet potato milk and chips before heading back. As they approach the band room, a charming & gentle voice accompanied with the wonderful picking of the guitar strings become louder and clearer.
 
 
"If you're tossing and you're turning
And you just can't fall asleep,
I'll sing a song, beside you.
And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me,
Everyday I will remind you."
 
 
"Jonghyun hyung is serenading Seohyun-ssi eh!" Exclaimed Minhyuk softly.
 
"Shall we take a walk around the neighborhood??" Jungshin suggested.
 
Yonghwa froze and panicked for a moment. He peeked through the door and saw Seohyun's mesmerized face plastered with a sweet smile; Jonghyun's intense gaze with gentle smile. In a moment of impulse, Yonghwa barged in, grabbed Seohyun by her wrist and pulled her out of the room. 
 
 
-End of Chapter 2-