Beats Only For You

Trying to Reach You

When Hoon woke up the next morning, he found Soohyun in the kitchen once more. There was something strange about the way Soohyun stood, leaning against the counter. And the bags under his eyes were no joke.

 

“Soohyun?” Hoon sounded, seeming to startle Soohyun as he jumped slightly and looked at the younger. “Are you okay?”

 

“What? Yeah, I'm just fine.” Soohyun swayed.

 

“No, you're not.” Hoon worried, biting his lip, he strode over to Soohyun and felt his leader's forehead. “You have a fever. What are you doing out here anyway?”

 

“I was getting some water...” Soohyun trailed off, looking around confused. “I thought...I thought I had gotten a cup...”

 

Hoon pushed Soohyun towards his room and settled him back into his bed. “I'll get you some water, just stay here.” While he was at it, Hoon got a cold washcloth to put on Soohyun's forehead and cold medicine they had gotten for Kevin a couple weeks ago. With that, he went to Soohyun and Took care of him.

 

“Why did you stay out so late last night, pabo?” Hoon spoke softly as Soohyun drifted in and out of consciousness. “You're going to be lucky if you don't have to go to the hospital.”

 

“Hoon?” Soohyun breathed out as Hoon placed the cold cloth on his forehead, “Do you want to know why I love you?”

 

Hoon's heart sputtered, knowing that in Soohyun's state, he wasn't up for making up half-assed lies and excuses. “S-sure...”

 

“Because you take care of me. And, even when you're angry with me, you still care about me, like now. But, more than that...you're very comfortable with admitting what you feel, unlike me. And you're also so...fun to be around, I enjoy myself the most when you're there. But that's not even all I love about you, Hoon.”

 

“Soohyun, it's okay...just go to sleep.” Hoon pressured, heartbeat quick in his chest. He needed to calm down before his heart exploded.

 

“Just...one more thing I have to say...” Soohyun took Hoon's hand without realizing it. “I never meant to hurt you like I did, Hoon.” His words trailed off into slumber and Hoon sat shocked.

 

Leaving the room, Hoon tried to shake his head clear. He was so set on not believing Soohyun, and staying mad at him forever. But...he couldn't very well argue with his words. “Pabo...” Hoon muttered, going back out into the living room. Kiseop was sitting at the television, watching the morning weather reports.

 

“Good morning~!” Kiseop was always too cheerful to be considered sane in the mornings.

 

“Good morning.” Hoon said back, sitting next to the awkward giraffe.

 

“Is Soohyun okay?” Kiseop asked, surprising Hoon.

 

“How did you know?”

 

“You left the door open.” Kiseop smirked, “What did he say to you?”

 

Hoon's cheeks flared, now feeling the embarrassment of Soohyun's words. His leader loved him back. It was a good, but confusing feeling. “That he was sorry...and he loved me...”

 

Kiseop smiled wide, finally, his stupid hyung had done the right thing. “That's good! What did you say back?”

 

“Nothing...”

 

Kiseop blanched, “Why?”

 

“I...I don't really know.”

 

“If Jaeseop confessed to me, I wouldn't just walk away.” Kiseop said incredulously. And then his eyes widened at his words, “I mean, I--”

 

“You like AJ?” Hoon asked, eyes wide.

 

“Ah-” Kiseop wanted to protest, but he couldn't lie about something like that, he couldn't even try to lie about it. Dropping his shoulder, Kiseop sighed, “yes.”

 

“You like me?” A voice sounded from the hallway, and both the singers' heads whipped around to the rapper in the doorway. Immediately, Kiseop stood up, putting his hands in front of him, as if saying stop. What he wanted to stop, Hoon wasn't sure, but he scurried out of there before Kiseop had a chance to form words.

 

Hoon made it back to his room safely, once again finding Dongho wide awake and playing a game on his phone. “Do you do nothing else but play that game?” Hoon asked curiously, catching Dongho's attention.

 

“Not lately.” Dongho shot back, giving Hoon a crooked grin, “What's up with you, your face is red.”

 

“Jaeseop caught Kiseop saying that he liked him.”

 

“What?” Dongho shouted, “Let's go watch!”

 

“What?” Hoon now said, bewildered of why they would do such a thing as Dongho dragged him out of the room and back into the living room.

 

“-I...I do like you...” Kiseop stuttered, “As more than a friend, yes.” Kiseop admitted, Hoon felt sorry for the ulzzang, who was looking at his shoes. “And, it's okay that you don't feel the same-”

 

Hoon briefly wondered if they had really missed that much in the conversation before Jaeseop cut Kiseop off, “Who said anything about me not feeling the same?”

 

Dongho giggled quietly while Hoon clasped his hand over his mouth to cover his gasp. “Well, I see the way you look at Kevin, and-”

 

“Kevin is just nice to look at, is all.”

 

“But...I know you never look at me like that, and you don't try to get my attention as much as you do with Kevin...”

 

“Not that you notice anyway. And, that's just a game with Kevin since he acknowledges me when we're away from the public.”

 

“Th-that I notice?”

 

“Why would I be so obvious with my feelings for you?”

 

“Your feelings?”

 

Hoon felt sorry for the stumbling boy at the mercy of the cat before him, he knew what it was like to be confused to the point where even as someone said words, nothing registered.

 

“I like you back, Kiseop. I have for a while.” Jaeseop smirked, knowing the effect he had on his hyung.

 

“Wh-What?” Kiseop now looked at Jaeseop, wide-eyed and disbelieving. Jaeseop took steps closer to Kiseop so that their chests were just barely touching, Hoon could practically see Kiseop's heart beating out of his chest as his breaths got heavier.

 

Jaeseop Kiseop's hair away from his face, eyes half lidded as he looked the few centimeters down to Kiseop. “I. Like. You.” Jaeseop enunciated, bringing his face closer to Kiseop's, so close Hoon was sure they were kissing.

 

“Jaeseop?” Kiseop sounded, correcting Hoon, “What are you doing?”

 

“I'm nervous.” Jaeseop admitted shyly.

 

“Nervous to kiss me?” Kiseop asked.

 

“Nervous to make this official.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I could hurt you.”

 

“Maybe I don't care.” Kiseop breathed. Hoon held his breath, waiting for Jaeseop's reply. Which was a rich chuckled before he pulled back.

 

“You don't care that I could hurt you in the end?”

 

“I trust you enough to hope you don't.” Kiseop whispered so softly Hoon had to strain to hear it.

 

“What about you?” Jaeseop asked, “Do you care about the possibility of hurting me?”

 

“I know I'll do my best not to.” Kiseop nodded, “Do you trust me?”

 

“I do.” Jaeseop nodded once. And this time, their lips did meet. Kiseop rose up to meet Jaeseop like a daisy to the sunlight and brought a hand to his neck, fingers slipping into the hair at the base of his neck. Jaeseop's hands wove their way around Kiseop's hips, bringing them even closer together, Kiseop gave a small gasp at the contact and broke away.

 

“Jae-Jaeseop?” Kiseop spoke quietly, almost as if he was shy, which Hoon knew he probably was. “I...I love you.”

 

Jaeseop ran his thumb across Kiseop's plump bottom lip as he cradled his face in his hand, the other still firmly wrapped around the boy's waist, “I love you, too, Kiseop.” He smiled happily, completely content.

 

And they began to kiss once more. Hoon thought this as good a time as any to leave, and had to dragged Dongho with him. He worried silently about the mind of their maknae when he heard a moan softly from Soohyun's room.

 

“I'm going to check on Soohyun, don't go spying on the two in the living room, okay?” Hoon told Dongho.

 

“I'll just go bug Eli.” Dongho pouted slightly.

 

Upon entering Soohyun's room, Hoon spotted his leader sitting up in bed. He wanted to push the stubborn bear back down and tell him to continue to rest, but didn't.

 

“How are you feeling?” Hoon asked, going to sit next to the feverish leader.

 

“Hot. And I hurt all over.” Soohyun answered before fully realizing who was before him. “Hoo-Hoon....” He blinked, “what are you doing here?”

 

“Why did you stay out so late in the cold, Soohyun?” Hoon asked, ignoring Soohyun's own question.

 

“I was...distracted.” Soohyun admitted, “And I felt so terrible for hurting you. I mean, it was never my intention, and I regret every moment about that morning. I shouldn't have done what I di-”

 

Hoon didn't know if the Seop-Seop make out session had inspired him or what, but he cut Soohyun off with his own lips clashing with the ones sputtering out another apology. Hoon liked Soohyun's delirious one better anyway.

 

For a few seconds, both of them were frozen, Hoon by his rash action, and Soohyun by surprise. And, before Hoon could pull away, Soohyun was melting against his lips, encouraging Hoon to kiss back.

 

And kiss back he did.

 

Pulling back slowly after all too short a time, Soohyun just stared at Hoon for a moment, “So...does that mean you forgive me?”

 

“Of course, you idiot.” Hoon chuckled, “Do you remembered what you told me when I was taking care of you when you were delirious with fever?”

 

Soohyun blinked, and Hoon could tell he probably didn't even know he had been up before now. Hoon chuckled softly.

 

“You told me you loved me.” Hoon recounted. “Is that true?”

 

“Yes. I do love you.” Soohyun answered back without any hesitation or uncertainty that Hoon could see.

 

“And you already know what I feel for you.” Hoon smiled.

 

“What was it again?” Soohyhun asked coyly, placing a finger on his chin as if in thought.

 

“I love you, pabo.” Hoon knocked Soohyun's head lightly as the older chuckled.

 

“Stop calling me and idiot.” Soohyun laughed, though he liked the affection Hoon's voice held when he said it.

 

“Stop being an idiot and maybe I will.”

 

“Fair enough.” Soohyun said before kissing Hoon again, only to have the bunny pull back immediately.

 

“You're going to get me sick, too.”

 

“We'll be sick together. And cuddle up together and it'll be nice.”

 

“No thanks,” Hoon dismissed, and stood up, “I'll go make you soup. Stay here.” Hoon commanded, smiling wide as he strode down the hall towards the kitchen.

 

Kiseop and Jaeseop were cuddling together on the couch, watching some sort of morning cartoon as he passed. Two new couples in the dorms. How strange was their U-KISS family nowadays.

 

I didn't feel like editing since it's almost three in the morning, so forgive the mistakes wherever they may be.

AND I DIDN'T MEAN TO PUT THE 2SEOP IN THERE, I SWEAR!!! It just kind of happened. OTL

I'm just such a hardcore 2Seop shipper that I can't seem to stay away from it. OTL