With Every Breath

Trying to Reach You

 

Soohyun had carefully sorted his emotions out over the next week. 
 
Yes, he liked Hoon. And, maybe, it was more than just a little crush. Maybe it was something more along the lines of love. 
 
And that scared him a little. He hadn't ever been in love, not really. There were a couple, sure, but this...it felt different. 
 
First off, Hoon was a man. And second...well, there really wasn't a second, he just didn't know he could have feeling so deep for a man. Especially not with one of his group mates. 
 
Rolling over in his bed, Soohyun sighed. He wasn't going to be able to get a proper sleep again. And that made three nights in a row. He was tired, and the dark circles under his eyes were getting harder to cover up with makeup. 
 
Deciding some warm tea could help calm his mind, Soohyun swung out of bed and to the kitchen. As he passed through the dark living room, a figure caught his eyes. Hoon was curled up on the couch asleep. Soohyun backtracked a bit and bent over Hoon. "Hoon?" Soohyun whispered, to make sure he really was asleep. 
 
Hoon made no movement. He just continued to sleep peacefully. Soohyun smiled softly, listening to Hoon's steady breathing as he kneeled in front of the unsuspecting bunny. 
 
Tucking a wayward hair away, Soohyun's hand lingered on Hoon's face. His skin was so soft and smooth, like silk. Soohyun sighed, dropping his hand. "Hoon, I really do love you..." He whispered, frowning. His eyes took in Hoon's beauty for a moment longer before he pulled a blanket from the hall closet and draped it over the innocent bunny. 
 
Before stepping away, Soohyun couldn't help but place a sweet kiss on Hoon's forehead. Hoon shifted, a smile making its way onto his face. 
 
Soohyun didn't want to take the chance of waking the poor singer, so he retreated slowly back to his room where he once again laid in the dark. 
 
Hoon awoke to the sound of a door shutting, sitting up slightly. He looked around in confusion, finally taking notice of the blanket draped over him. 
 
In his dream, someone he loved very much had kissed his forehead. Who was it? He touched his forehead with his eyebrows knit together. "Had it been a dream?" He asked himself quietly. It had all seemed so real...
 
Confusion still clouding his mind, Hoon laid back against the couch cushions. He had trouble falling back asleep that night. 
 
Waking up, Hoon shuffled to the kitchen, where he smelled a wonderful aroma emanating. 
 
There he found Soohyun at the stove, stirring something in a pot. His leader hadn't seemed to notice him, so he took a moment to admire the beautiful man. Hoon had wanted to stay mad, he wanted to be so mad that he stopped loving the older man, but that wasn't really possible. He just settled on pretending, hoping that was enough to wear down the feeling. If he pretended long enough, eventually it will be true, right? 
 
Hoon's eyes roamed down Soohyun's muscular arms. He had loved the feeling of those arms around him. And of that mouth. Those lips. He bit his lip as he knew Soohyun didn't think of it as Hoon did, and it hurt. He made his presence known with a cough and shuffled to the stove with Soohyun, making sure not to get too close. 
 
"Good morning, Hoon." Soohyun smiled, sending a wave of happiness through Hoon. 
 
"Good morning." Hoon nodded curtly, hiding every emotion Soohyun caused him.  Like he said, pretending was the only way he'd make it through this. Soohyun frowned, unnoticed by Hoon who had turned around to get a cup from the cupboard for a drink of water. 
 
There wasn't much Hoon could do after getting his water except shuffle around awkwardly for cereal. "Hoon-ah, I'm making kimchi stew for everyone." Soohyun interrupted, "It will be done in a few minutes."
 
"Should I go wake everyone?" Hoon asked. 
 
"No, we don't have schedules today, so we should just let them sleep." Soohyun decided. 
 
Hoon nodded and resumed his awkwardness at the kitchen table, praying for someone to come and rescue him. 
 
As if a divine answer straight from Buddha himself, Kiseop dragged his feet as he entered the kitchen, rubbing his eyes tiredly. 
 
Hoon always wondered by he didn't fall for Kiseop. Kiseop had been the most accepting towards him when he first joined, and had been the first to give him advice on how to fit in better with the members. Kiseop had been the one to explain how everyone was still sad over Xander and Kibum. 
 
Falling in love with Kiseop would have been simple, and safe. Because Kiseop was straight as far as Hoon knew and there was no chance of Kiseop loving him back. And then he wouldn't have to hurt as much. Because Soohyun...he was gay, and he could return Hoon's feelings. He just didn't. 
 
Kiseop sat next to Hoon, leaning into him as he laid forward on the table, "I'm so tired~!" Kiseop groaned. 
 
"Then go back to sleep, pabo." Soohyun immediately answered, "why'd you get up anyway?" 
 
"I smelled food." Kiseop answered, stomach growling, "and my hunger is the most prominent of the two states I'm in right now." 
 
Hoon laughed and patted Kiseop's head before asking Soohyun how much longer the food would be, as he answered the rice cooker beeped and Soohyun grinned. 
 
"Now."
 
Kiseop launched to get something to eat and was back to the table eating before Hoon even made it to the stack of bowls waiting for them. 
 
Hoon chuckled at Kiseop, loving the goofiness of their ulzzang. 
 
"Hoon, later, can I talk to you?" Soohyun asked lowly as Hoon scooped rice into his bowl. 
 
"You can talk now." Hoon shrugged, not even looking at his leader. 
 
"Please, can we talk later? It's important." Soohyun pleaded. Mentally biting his lip, Hoon debated. He sounded so desperate, Hoon didn't think he could disagree a meeting in good conscience. 
 
"Okay." Hoon nodded. "But if this is just a trap-"
 
"No, Hoon," Soohyun interrupted, "how can you even-God. No. I just want to talk to you and be honest with you. And myself." Soohyun breathed, running a frustrated hand through his hair. 
 
Hoon nodded once and walked passed Soohyun to join Kiseop at the table. 
 
 
Sorry for all these short chapters. With it being a short story, it skips around a lot and I don't want to do that within chapters. >__< 
also, I'd like to apologize for all the waiting you have to do for these chapters. I ony have maybe three more, so please just sit tight and bear with me. ^_^