Chapter 4

Sad Love

*The Italisize is present day So Eun, when she's telling the story.


     *Junho was acting really suspicious, checking his phone every 5 minutes. I kept on wondering what was wrong with him. I should've stopped bugging him about it. It kept ringing in my mind, wheather he was cheating on me or not. Cheating. How could I ever think of that. We weren't even going out. So, seeing another girl. I thought he was going to replace me as his best friend. But I thought wrong.


     "So Eunnie! Junho's here!" My mom called after me.
     "Tell him I'm not here!" I said. I really wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. I heard the door close outside. Mom came into my room. "Why don't you want to see him today? You're never like this, and you always want to hang out with him."
     "I'm just not in the mood, Mom." I said.
     "Is he seeing someone else?" She asked me.
     "Why do you think he would come here?" I muttered. Maybe he was. I sighed. "Can I just be alone today?"
     "Okay. Whatever you want." She said, then left my room.

     Junho-yah. What's been going on with you lately? You're being so closed out of the world whenever you get the texts... I typed on my phone. Reading it several times, I deleted the message.
     Junho...sorry I can't see you today, I haven't been feeling well. Is that okay? I read over it, and sent it.

     Okay. Sorry if I've been causing you stress. See you tomorrow. Junho quickly replied back.


      It was rainy that day. It was hurting me inside to just avoid Junho like that. I really wish I didn't do that. But that day, I really needed the time just to think about the situation he could be going through at this time. But I felt, the more I tended to grow apart from him, the more trouble it caused.


     It was my father who called me next, and he rarely even calls me from time to time, but at this particular moment, I got one from him. "So Eunnie! How is my daughter doing?"
     "I'm doing well." I said.
     "Are you home?" He asked.
     "Yeah. Resting." I replied back.
     "Okay, good. See you again soon." He said, then hung up.
     It confused me for a minute. Why would he just call me and ask me if I were home, then just hang up? My dad wasn't so pleasing. He hated every choice I made. 

     It bugged me so much, I decided to call Junho. "Hello?" His calm, relaxed voice answered.
     "Junho," I said.
     "Yeah." He said.
     "Somethings been bugging me." I said.
     "What is it? Do you want to come over?" He offered.
     "No, not in a mean way. But..." I paused. Should I really ask him. "Is there anything bugging you lately?" 
     I could hear him take a breath, then sigh it all out. "Anni." There was something wrong. He hesitated too. 
     "Oh...I thought there was something bugging you. But I guess not. Okay. See you tomorrow." I hung up the phone.

"Every time I look at you I become greedy, I get scared"