Chapter 1 - Meeting and Punishment [2/2]

Private High Life *Dropped*
 10 years ago…
 
 
“Mistress! Mistress Kim!”Jonghyun heard one of the maids calling out for his mother, searching, running in panic.
 
Jonghyun’s mother, Kim Misuk, who was with him at the time alerted by the distressed tone of the maid. The maid finally found the room where the house mistress was.
 
“Mistress! Hurry, please come with me. It’s Young-master Kibum!” The maid said in a panicked tone.
 
With that, Jonghyun’s mother quickly followed as the maid lead her out of the house. Jonghyun started to follow but his mother instructed him to wait inside the house.
 
He tried to asked one of the maids what happened to Key but all he got was a hesitated and apologetic look from her.
Jonghyun really started to grow restless. Something happened to his cousin, but he did not what and he found it useless to ask the maids. Finally, his mother came back.
 
“Jonghyun, hurry go get your coat.”
 
“Omma, is something happened to Key?” he asked but no answer came from his mother. A maid helped putting on the coat on him.
 
“Are we going somewhere, Omma? Where is Key?” he asked again. This time his mother turned towards him and grabbed his hand.
 
“To the hospital.” Was his mother answer.
 
***
 
There was so many question is Jonghyun’s head.
 
What really happened? Why did his mother took him to the hospital? And most importantly, why is Key lying unconscious on the hospital bed with bandages on most of his small body, and wires connecting his body to the machines?
 
Jonghyun  heard the maid who was the one who alerted him and his mother at the mansion earlier sobbing non-stop outside of the ward room.
 
“I-I’m very sorry, Mistress.” He heard the maid said. She had been saying the same thing over and over ever since they got to the hospital.
 
“ Calm down. Just tell me what really happened.” the mistress asked the maid in a calm voice.
 
“I-I don’t know...I-I just left him at the...the balcony for 5 minutes. Then... when I came back he’s already... he fell... it’s my fault...” the maid explained, sobbing throughout her sentence.
 
Jonghyun’s eyes widened when he finally understood what had happened. There was a three balconies in his mansion but there was only one balcony that always been Key’s favourite play ground. And that was on the third floor of the house.
 
He turned towards the unconscious Key.
 
That very morning Key had asked Jonghyun to play with him at the balcony but Jonghyun refused because he wanted to spend time with his mother, who was always going back and forth from overseas, so he left Key alone.
 
And now, he regretted that. If he had been with Key at the time, maybe none of this would ever happened. Tears ran down his cheek.
 
“Mianhe, Key...” Jonghyun apologized to his cousin. Tears falling non-stop.
 
***
 
After Key had been comatose for a week, Jonghyun had made a decision to not leave his cousin’s side. Not even for a minute.
 
“Key! Hey, Key! Wake up!” Jonghyun shook his cousin, waved in front of the frozen Key but he just can’t get him back to his senses. Then, Jonghyun had an idea.
 
He leaned closer to Key and gently kissed his cousin’s cheek, earning surprised gasps again and maybe some squealing too from the girls and the passers-by.
 
Key’s face slowly gained its colour and turned red.
 
“Hyung!” Key yelled at him, blushing.
 
“Welcome back.” Jonghyun said chuckling. “Are you alright now?”
 
Key just replied with a nod.  
 
“Okay, I don’t know what just happened... Umm, anyway...Here, take this and wipe the blood.” Hara said offering her handkerchief to Jonghyun.
 
Before he could accept the handkerchief, Key pushed the older girl’s hand away, glaring at her.
 
“Hey! She’s just trying to help. You don’t have to pushed her away like that. What a rude person!” Hyeona yelled at Key, obviously angry.
 
“It’s okay, Hyeona. Don’t get mad at him.” Hara tried to calm her junior down.
 
“Yeah, you too,  Key. Calm down.” Jonghyun attempted into calming his cousin. Apparently, persuasion doesn’t really work on Key.
 
“Who are you to lecture me! You people were the one who caused this. I have every right to do whatever I want.” Key snapped at Hyeona.
 
Jonghyun sighed and leaned closer to kiss Key on the cheek again. Jonghyun smiled in triumph as he succeeded cooling Key’s anger when his cousin turned to him, slightly blushed.
 
Key cleared his throat. “Anyway, you girls have to take responsible for hurting Jonghyun-hyung.”
 
“What? Why should we be responsible about it? It’s not our fault that he got hurt.” Hyeona started to argue.
 
“You’re the one bumped into us.” Key returned with a sarcastic tone.
 
“Well, I wouldn’t have bumped into you if you had not blocked my way. Right, Hara-eonni?”
 
“Hyeona’s right. You wouldn’t have gotten hurt if you hadn’t  grabbed onto them just now.”
 
“Well, I wouldn’t have to if Miss Hyeona here watch where she was going... ‘Hara-noona’.” Jonghyun couldn’t help but smiled mischievously and chuckled saying her name.
 
“I proposed a punishment. What do you say, hyung?” Key smirked to the girls.
 
“Hmm... Let’s see...Ah! Since Key wanted to explore the school ground, you girls have to be our guide around the school.”
 
“What!?” Both girls said simultaneously along with Key.
 
“Hyung, can’t you give them any other punishment?” Key protested.
 
“Oh, come on, Key. They’re the only one we know here right now.” Jonghyun pouted and attempted to kiss Key again.
 
“Ah! Fine, fine. But on one condition, you girls have to prepare food too.” Key said, managed to block his cousin’s kissing attempt.
 
The cousins turned back to the girls, smirking.
 
***
 
To be continued next chapter...
Finally~ Finished the first chappie~~
Sorry for the wait...
Hope you guys enjoy the story~~
And please leave a comment~~ (^_^)