CHAPTER I: MEET THE “PRETTY RICH BRAT GIRLS”

ONE TRUE LOVE

 

AUTHOR’S POV:

“Dara, breakfast is ready! Hurry up or you’ll be late in school!” the attending ahjumma called out Dara who was just raised from her bed.

“Coming, Nana!” she replied on the intercom while putting on her slippers.

She went inside her restroom and bathe. After she finished bathing, she opened her walk in closet and chooses a dress that is nice to show off. She was having a hard time in picking up until such time she decided to finally flaunt her new dress that she just bought yesterday.

While checking herself in the mirror, she dialed her friend’s number.

“Hello?” a voice was heard from the other line “Dara?”

“Hey, Sohee what color of dress are you wearing, now?” she asked her best friend, Sohee.

“Pink, of course!” Sohee replied “It’s Wednesday, right? It’s pink dress code day!”

“I was just verifying out, you know” Dara responded while spraying a perfume “See you in school, then. Ta-ta! Much love!” and hanged up the phone without even waiting for Sohee’s response.

She grabbed her bag and went down to have her breakfast. Her nanny cooked her favorite foods only to be disappointed when she asked for her Dad.

“Nana, Did Appa already have his breakfast?” she inquired while she was munching on her favorite hotdog.

“Your Appa already left early” her nanny responded “You know your Appa is a busy man”.

“He’s always like that” she pouted “he doesn’t have time for me”.

“If he’ll not work, you can’t buy those things you want and you won’t be living in luxury and besides he gave his full time to you whenever he’s free”.

“But, I still want him to have more time with me” she gets sad every time she feels like her Dad has no time for her.

Since her mother died when she was just 10 years old, her Dad fully engaged himself to their company. Nanny Mina is her only companion. Be it in school programs, parent’s day, family day, PTA meetings and even first communion, Nanny Mina was the sole witness of all the events in her life. She gets envy with her classmates whenever she sees them having fun with their Dad or Mom. Yes, she has everything but that wouldn’t make her totally happy. Maybe that’s the reason why she’s mean and wants attention from the others.

“Drink your milk, now. Your driver is waiting for you”.

She heavily sighed, stood up and walked to her car where her driver is waiting for her. She went inside and sat at the back. She was looking outside while thinking of some things in her life.

“I wish Omma is here. Omma, why do you have to die young? If you’re here, Appa won’t be like this” tears suddenly formed in her eyes. This didn’t escape her driver’s notice.

“Miss, are you crying?” asked Mr. Eun, her driver since she was in 2nd grade.

“Ahjussi, when you were young, are you happy?” she asked the elder man.

“Of course, I am” he replied “Aren’t you happy, Miss? Your Appa told me something that will make you happy”

“Really?” she lightened up, hoping it will be good news.

“He might join you for dinner later” the ahjussi smiled at her.

“Thank you, ahjussi!” she let out a big smile and wiped her tears.

That smile was glued on her face even until she arrived in school. She looked for her friends who had been waiting for her at the entrance. She walks up to them and forms a line horizontally. Within a snap of her finger, Sohee and Jessica, with Dara in the middle, started their pace making everyone in the corridor turned their head and move out of the three girls’ way. Dara eventually stopped when a random guy splattered his books on the floor because he slipped away.

This has been the standard operating procedure since in their junior year. Everyone must give way for them the moment they transpire from everyone’s eyes. Who wouldn’t give way to three of the prettiest girls in their school? They can’t be called Pretty Rich Girls for nothing. Yes, Dara, Sohee and Jessica belong to high class families. Sohee is the granddaughter of a rich Korean businessman who has a big investment to Hyundai motors and Samsung Electronics while Jessica is the daughter of the young Chairman of Lotte Group Foundation. As for Dara, she is the only daughter and heiress of E-LAND in South Korea that export and import clothing brand.

It was originally just Sandara and Sohee. They were friends since in intermediate. They coined their duo as the “Mandu Cheeky Girls”. That’s how they spell it before. Jessica just entered the picture when Sohee had gone to US with his grandparents for three years. Every guys swoon over them. Girls get envy, wanting to be in their shoes. They entered their classroom in a bossy way like they own everything. Dara made her way through the people standing and greeting her good morning. Even if she’s a brat, she has this kind and nice attitude to everyone except to those who hate her. She sat in front of a boy who has been staring at her upon she arrived. He even smelled her sweet and fresh scent and remained on his nostrils. When she smiled at him, he was like DEAD.

Good thing he revived himself before he could do anything. Well, that’s the effect of Park Sandara even to other guys in school. Only that she is so picky when it comes to men. She had fair shares of suitors but she only had one boyfriend. It didn’t work out because it was just a test. She just tried it out if she’s ready for a relationship. She can make someone falls for her and she can break someone’s heart easily.

It’s seldom for her to admire someone. Well, with a beauty like hers, she needs an extraordinary guy to perfectly fit her style. This is what the others prerogative but for her, she needs a guy who will see her for who she really is rather than seeing her pretty face. It was written on her slum note during her sophomore.

The class is in chaos when their teacher, Mr. Jang Geun Seuk materializes before them like some kind of magic. Maybe they are so busy with what they are doing to notice Mr. Jang. He sat on his table, open his record and begins his roll call. While doing the attendance, Dara passed a piece of paper to Jessica.

“Yah, Mr. Jang is really handsome!”  Jessica read what was written silently

After 20 seconds, she handed back the paper to Dara.

“I know but rumor has it that he has a girlfriend here in school, a student to be exact” Jessica jotted down.

“Park Sandara” Mr. Jang called her. But Dara is so into absorbing what had just Jessica wrote back to her.

“Rumor is just a rumor unless proven true by the person involved”

“Park Sandara!” her teacher called her name louder this time which made her to jump off her seat.

“PRESENT, SIR!”

“You’re not listening, Ms. Park” Mr. Jang said “you’re having your little own world again”.

“Don’t worry, Mr. Jang. You’re on my little own world” and she winked at him making half of the class to snicker.

“I’m not buying it; Ms. Park so quit winking at me” Mr. Jang voiced out.

“Ouch, Mr. Jang” Dara expressed while acting like knocking her heart “You’ve just dissed me!”

Everyone burst in laughter even Mr. Jang on how funny she delivered her joke. Even the boy, who’s silently paying his full attention to her, chuckled on her silliness.

“Dara!” a guy hollered her name from the far most corner of the classroom, “if you would’ve just love me, I will not diss you!”

“Haha! Very funny, Hyunseung!” she retorted “with how many girls you’ve played here in this school, there’s no chance that I will neither love nor like you!”

She remarked making the class to boo on Hyunseung. She did not have second thoughts on rejecting Hyunseung again. That’s what the guys who are so full of themselves usually get from her. SARCASM.

“You’re one of the guys who just wanted me because of my pretty face” she thought afterwards.

Mr. Jang silenced the class and lectured. During the entire of Mr. Jang educating them, there are some who are not listening and yawning even Dara. His subject, PHYSICS, bores her to death. She examined the class and she can see them doing different things that are not related to what has been their teacher is imparting. She saw Jessica texting, Sohee is busy fiddling her fingers, Sulli who is talking to Victoria quietly, Hyunseung and Junsu playing cards under their table and Seungri who’s into daydreaming beside Kwon Jiyong.

“Kwon Jiyong’s surely can inculcate what Mr. Jang has been lecturing” she conceptualized visually “the guy has a high average thinking skills unlike me who’s close to being a moron”.

If her memory serves right, Kwon Jiyong was her classmate in Seongsan High School. She first met him during the first day of school, freshman year. During the first two months, they were still okay but something happened that made him aloof of her. Usually, she smiled at him but he never smiled back at her. They’ve been classmates for four years and yet they are not talking like they are supposed to even up until now that they are in their last year in Seongsan.

“Park Sandara!”

“What is it again, Mr. Jang?” she responded annoyingly on how she quite been the flavor of the day of their teacher.

“You’re not really listening, Ms. Park” repeated Mr, Jang “I said we will be having an activity by pairs and you’ll be with Jiyong”.

She stood up and bowed down “Mianhe, Mr. Jang for not listening” and turned to her left side and smiled at the boy who is still keeping his eyes on her.

She was about to ask her pair about what they are going to do when a familiar voice butted in.

“Uhh, Mr. Jang, can I swap partner with Jiyong? Instead of Dara and Jiyong, can we just make it, Seungri and Jiyong?”

“Yes, Mr. Jang, I agree to that!” Seungri seconded on what Jessica had just suggested.

“And you know how Jiyong gets so awkward when Dara is around” continued Jessica.

“Jessica! Do you really have to say that?” thwarted Sohee “so unnecessary!”


YES. THIS IS GOING TO BE A SERIES OF CHAPTERS.

YOUR NOT SO ORDINARY DARAGON STOY.. JOKE!

MY FIRST TIME TO WRITE HERE IN AFF SO PLEASE BE KIND TO ME, NEH?

AND SHOW SOME LOVE. COMMENTS ARE LOVE.