CHAPTER 6: DARA'S CRAZY LUNCH WITH JIYONG

ONE TRUE LOVE

 

AUTHOR’S POV:

Jiyong and Dara return to their school both looking like they enjoyed their “date”. Jiyong can’t hide his happiness because he is with the girl he loves dearly and she, on the other hand, can’t conceal the fondness on the man she is with. Students are in their bewildering stares as they enter the perimeter and hesitating gasps can be heard from the alleys and corridors that they’ve pass.

“Aigoo~ you should take me there again!” Dara said to Jiyong who until this very moment couldn’t believe that she’s with him.

“Arasso!” he immediately replied, without even thinking twice “I hope you enjoyed the food there”.

“Of course, I enjoy the food because it’s free!” she fooled “seriously, I enjoy the food and I enjoy your company” then she walks ahead and goes inside the classroom while Jiyong is still in his bubble world.

Inside their classroom, murmuring from their classmates can be heard. And Dara knows what they are talking about. Everyone in the University knows so it’s impossible if the class doesn’t aware of their “date”. Jiyong arrives in the room as soon as Dara sits on her chair, beside Sohee. She glances on her side and see Jessica’s teasing look on her like she’s reminding her about the BET. She moves closer to Sohee and her best friend smiles at her telling it’s alright. She is not mad.

“They did actually go on a lunch date” Sulli stated to the girl beside her.

“They look good together, to be honest” Jiyeon commented to Sulli. She’s the girl beside her.

Dara and Sohee give each other a bemused look then grin giddily on what Jiyeon said. Dara distance herself to Sohee and catch a glimpse of Jiyong who’s staring at her. She looked away and giggles as she remembers their “date” an hour ago.

 

-------------------------------------FLASHBACK-----------------------------------------

 

DARA’S POV:

As soon as I grabbed Jiyong’s hand, it was the moment I really found myself doing the bet. But, 80% of it is because of the bet and 20% of it is because I want to go with him. Its chicken, you know. It’s one of my favorite foods in the whole wide world and in the entire universe! After he made sure that I am really coming with him, he let me ride on his car and drives to wherever that restaurant could be.

As he is driving, he reminds me to wear my seatbelt securely. And he even keeps on asking if I’m okay. Maybe, he’s thinking if I’m getting bored or thinking of stopping the car and getting out and walks away. I’m not that mean to be like that. Why would I walk away from this hottie I’m with? I bet, every girl in the University right now is wishing to be me. kekeke~ aigoo! What am I thinking? aaaah, erase! erase! erase!

After 20 minutes, we arrive to this restaurant that has a chicken bas relief on its building. WOW! chicken! Then, he opened the car door for me and read the signage of the resto he’s boasting to me on the letter.

“Yeolbong?” the name sounds so familiar. It’s like I already heard or read about this restaurant.

“Neh! Yeolbong!” he proudly said “Come, let’s go inside!” then he offers his hand to me which I willingly accepted.

The automatic door let us in and some staffs welcome us upon coming in. We pace until through this stairs and climb there. Jiyong said that this is the VIP section. Only families, relatives and close friends of the owner have the access to use it.

“My man, Jiyong! What’s up?!” a guy in black shirts and faded jeans with a shades on greeted him, giving each other a hi-five.

“Hyung!” Jiyong tapped the other guy’s shoulder. Basing on the responses that they are giving, it’s obvious that they are really close.

“So, who’s this pretty young lady you’re with, Jiyongie?” the other guy asked, taking off his glasses. Whoooooah! This one too is a cutie, “Is she your friend, Jiyongie?”

Puahahaha! “Jiyongie”? another puahahahaha! puahahahaha! okay, last one, puahahahaha!

“Ahhhh, Hyung this is Sandara Park” Jiyong compose himself and introduce me to the other guy “Dara, this is Choi Dong Wook, he is my cousin’s husband” he added, “and the owner of this restaurant”

“Annyeonghaeseyo, Mr. Choi” I bow to the cutie in front of me and he did the same thing too.

“So she’s that Sandara chic you always men---hfklsdhfprenlfkfpoewrgrekngp…”

“Hyung, this recipe is good” then Jiyong stuff the food in Dong Wook’s mouth so he wasn’t able to finish what he’s about to tell me. But it was really funny. Puahahaha! Seeing Dong Wook’s face, I want to laugh out loud. Puahahaha! That’s me, laughing it out inside my mind.

“Okay, I’ll just leave you two here” he starts to walk and leaves us alone. I faced Jiyong and saw him breathed a relief. He turned and beamed at me. We are now facing each other, giving each one a moment of stares.

“Nice meeting you, baby giwrjplkjhwsrhpeihfngkvfog!” Dong Wook suddenly appeared near the door to say something again but Jiyong was quick to run near at him and was about to chase him. I can even hear Dong Wook’s evil laugh when Jiyong comes back.

“I’ll deal with him later” he murmured but enough for me to hear. I just followed him to our reserved table and he pulled out a chair for me. Wow, such a gentleman. The waiter approached us and asks us for our order.

“Your order will be in 5 minutes, Sir, Ma’m” said the waiter.

“Thank you” I bow to him. I caught Jiyong’s simple glance and he scratched his head in embarrassment. I can perceive that he’s somewhat nervous. Nervous of what? Nervous of me? Why would he feel uneasy? This is just only me. The waiter returns with our orders with him.

“Here are you orders, Sir, Ma’m” he stated while disseminating the foods to both of us.

”Thank you” I smiled at him then noticed how he had this amused look on me, “Why you have this amuse look on your face?”

“Aaaah, that’s the 2nd time you said thank you to him”

“Eh?” I was surprised to what he said, “Am I restricted to not say thank you?”

“Anio” he said shaking his head, “It’s just that I’m just right…” he paused for a while, maybe he’s thinking what to say,“…that you’re not the type of person as what others thought you were”, he sincerely supported.

I stopped from eating and raised my head only to catch his wandering eyes on my face. I looked into his eyes. He looked into mine. We stayed like that for a moment.

Dug. Dug. Dug. Wait, what is it?

Dug. Dug. Dug. Is that my heart? Why is it beating so fast?

“You’re food is getting cold” he awoke me from a deep trance “You should eat that now”.

“Arasso!” I obey, “Chomchom… Hmmmm, this is yummy!” I hurray that made him smile widely.

We feast on our meal with pleasure. This is actually the first time I went out with a guy during LUNCH. I marvel on the awesome sight before me. “This one looks genuine” I thought to myself. I smile to that thought. Well, it isn’t usual for a guy to like a type of girl like me.

We finished eating so we hurriedly go downstairs for we still have a class to catch. He was holding my hand upon going down to avoid me from falling. That’s what he says. Jiyong paid for the meal we had.

“Wow, Jiyong, too early for a date, huh!” a woman’s voice was heard coming from behind me. Jiyong and I both looked at the same time to the woman who is holding grocery bags. Dong Wook comes near her and get those then kiss her on the cheeks, “It’s only noon and yet you’re already out, having a date? What are you? The last time I checked we have no Chinese ancestry” joked by Mrs. Dong Wook, I guess.

“Ah…ahmmm” Jiyong is speechless yet he gives hug to the woman “I know it, Noona. I just invited my friend here” and went at my side again.

“Hmmm, I’m Choi Han Byul and you are?” I’m right, she’s Mrs. Choi Dong Wook and she just went to my side.

“Park Sandara, Mrs. Choi” then laid my right hand to her to give her a handshake but she hold me on my shoulders and hugs me like a sister.

“So, you are my future cou-chworeihetheiurtbmpoe…”

“Come on, Dara! Let’s go! We’ll be late!” Jiyong seized my wrist and pulled me to the exit.

“But I haven’t…”

“Han Byul noona will understand” I want to laugh on how he looks right now. He is feeling so tense like there’s a bomb about to drop.

“YAH, JIYONG-AH! WHERE ARE YOUR MANNERS? HOW CAN YOU WALK AWAY TO YOUR NOOONA LIKE THAT!” we heard Han Byul unnie spat from afar, “YOU’RE UNBELIEVABLE! I’LL TELL AUNTIE ABOUT THIS AND YOU’LL BE DEAD! AIGOO~ THIS KID!”

He just waved his hand and stuck his tongue out to Han Byul unnie. He’s so cute doing that. Han Byul unnie raised her fist, acting out like punching Jiyong on his face. Jiyong just keep sticking his tongue out and making faces to her. I find them cute. How I wish I have a cousin like Han Byul unnie.

“Kyopta!” I blurted out of nowhere. OMO!

“Eh? What did you say?” according to some when a person said what did you say? that person heard whatever you say, he/she just wants to make sure if what he heard is right.

“I said you’re cute” I repeated. He’s astonished.

“You’re cuter”, he said back. Then we hopped into his car and went back to school. I’m smiling during the 20 minute trip. I don’t know but I can feel butterflies on my stomach. This is weird.

-------------------------------------END OF FLASHBACK--------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR’S POV:

The afternoon class has just ended. Dara walks to the corridors with Sohee to leave their things on their lockers. They are talking about the assignments, projects and of course their Friday night out this coming weekend. They are scheduling what they should do first.

“Maybe, I will work on our assignment and project that were given by Mr. Jang Geun Seuk first, then Mr. Han and lastly the book report that’s to be submitted to Ms. Lee” Dara continue to talk while choosing what to leave and what to bring on her locker, “Sohee, are you listening?” she’s mystify when Sohee isn’t talking anymore. Upon closing her locker, Jiyong’s smiling face greeted her. That’s why Sohee stopped from making noises because he hushed her.

“So Miss Sandara Park, can I bring you home?” the two girls were shocked.

“Bring?” Sohee laughed “You will bring Dara home?”

“No, it’s not like that” Jiyong defended, “Bring like drop her home, you know, antonym of fetch” , he wittingly even gave the meaning.

“Ahmm, I have my driver with me so ahmmm…” she’s about to turn his offer down when Jessica suddenly appeared coming from the other side of the school and Dara remembers the BET, “uh, just a minute, I’ll call Mr. Eun to not fetch me here, ok?”

“Sure thing!” Jiyong exclaimed, “I will just wait for you at the car” then he tossed his car keys while whistling. He’s happy.

“Wow, Dara! You really are serious about the bet”, Jessica sarcastically praised her.

“I told you I have one word plus we have a deal, Jessica” she strikes back.

“Whoah, feisty”, the snow queen reacts “But lemme remind you dearest Dara, never fall in love with him” then paused, “You’re meant to hurt him”.

“I know” she quietly answered even if a part of her is telling her to not hurt people especially those who don’t deserve to be hurt.

“You go now, darling Dara. You’re prince charming is waiting for you” Jessica directs her, “It’s still Day 1”.

“I’m counting” she get back and left the two there. Jessica is smiling from ear to ear while Sohee is worrying. She gives Jessica intense stares.

“Quit staring at me like that” Jessica turns her back and walks away deserting Sohee at the alley, “Are you just gonna stand there or are you coming with me?” Jessica called out on her and she run towards the girl who is known to be a playgirl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOMEONE’S POV:

I saw everything that happened today. I saw Jiyong with one of the University’s prettiest faces, Sandara Park. She went inside his car. He was happy. It’s really obvious that he is judging from the smile on his face. From what I’ve heard to the gossipers, they went out for a lunch date. Her friends were taunting her about it. Of all the girls in school, why it has to be her? What is it in her that he can’t see on me? I have a pretty face, too. I can be everything he wants me to.

It hurts. It pains me knowing he’s not noticing me. Why he can’t remember me? When I remember him so well.  Until when I will hide this feeling? Until when that memory of my childhood will remain in my mind? I know it’s a bit exaggerating. It’s awkward to tell but I love you Kwon Jiyong since I was eight years old. Even I just met you for a day or two. And I will make you remember me too. I wouldn’t search for you if I’ll just let someone have you.

But you’re happy with her. I don’t know if she knows but I can tell you really like her. On the way you stare at her and talk about her, she really is the one. They said that if you love someone but that someone loves someone else then let her/him go. Will I let you go even if you are not mine? Could you please dare to gaze on my face and try to think of where could have you seen me?