MV Shooting With EXO

I'm Not Your Sasaeng Fan!

 

                “You want me to go to Ulsan with SNSD?” Hyolim asked in a bewildered voice, her bag falling to the floor after hearing the news.

                The manager twitched his nose and looked at her distastefully, “You’re Hyoyeon’s primary makeup artist, of course you have to go!”

                “But…but…” she stuttered. Damn it, she wasn’t sure how to word it without sounding like a delusional maniac. He would never believe her if she confessed that she had a stalker in Ulsan.

                “What’s your problem now?” he grunted.

                “I can’t go.” Hyolim rubbed the back of her neck as she tried to talk her way out of this unwanted trip, “Can I switch with some other makeup artist from another idol group?”

                “Who are you going to switch with?” the manager scoffed, looking at her as if she had just grown a second head or Medusa snake hair.

                “I don’t know. Someone from f(x)’s makeup team or TVXQ or Super Junior-”

                “EXO.”

                Hyolim wrinkled her nose, “I’m not working with those rookies.”

                “Too bad, you’re stuck with them. They’re going to shoot their comeback MV this afternoon so you’ll have to go with them.” The manager smirked, “Either that or you go to Ulsan with SNSD for their 3-day promotional tour.”

                He wasn’t giving her much of a choice. in her cheeks, she chose to go with EXO instead of SNSD. It would be bearable as long as she didn’t have to see Sehun. She could force herself to get along with the other EXO members but not him — that boy drove her mad with his rude post-it notes and ear-piercing door bangs.

***

                The sun was high up in the sky when the buses arrived in the mountainside to shoot some of the scenes for EXO’s newest MV. Managers, makeup artists, and coordi-noonas scrambled left and right as they tried to perfect the boys’ looks.

                Despite the chilly weather, the boys were forced to wear flimsy wife-beaters and thin T-shirts. Hyolim could see them shivering as they posed for solo shots. Even though she disliked EXO, she felt bad for them. They had to endure a lot of crap without a single complaint.

                Her heart broke a little for the main dancer of the group. What was his name again? Kai? Not only did he look cold, he also looked confused as hell when the director ordered him to “ up the camera”. He tried his hardest to look y but he ended up looking awkward and dorky. Hyolim suppressed a laugh as the boy tried to his lips and give a ual smirk at the camera. She felt sympathetic for him as he tried again and again to please the director’s requests but failed every single time.

                “Cut.” The director took his hat off and threw it on the floor, “Kai, what is up with you? You’re usually a natural this sort of thing, why did all your charisma go?”

                “I…” the boy his dry lips, “I’m sorry.”

                “I think Kai hyung is just tired. Why don’t we shoot my part first?” Sehun cut in, gently pulling the older boy away from the camera.

                “Fine. Fine.” The director sighed deeply. He pointed at Jong In, “Take a little nap. We’ll shoot your part in a couple of hours. Don’t fail me, Kai.”

                “Sorry.” Jong In bowed deeply before leaving the set, “Thanks, Sehun.”

                “No prob, bro.” Sehun muttered back, taking Jong In’s place in front of the camera.

                That’s nice of him, Hyolim thought as she watched Sehun from the side, He’s actually not a bad person for once. Still a jerk but at least he’s jerk with half a heart.

***

                Sehun quickly slipped into a fur-lined jacket, bundling himself into a ball after filming his part. Goosebumps covered every visible part of his skin. He shivered, pulling the hood over his head, hoping it would help insulate him. At the pace they were going, they would have to stay in the mountains for at least six more hours since they still need to shoot Lay, Chen, and Jong In's parts. It would probably take longer because of Jong In’s camera mistakes. Even though Jong In looked exactly like Kai, he didn’t act like Kai…and that was a major problem.

                Damn you, Kai, you better come back soon. Your twin is killing us here, he groaned internally, closing his eyes for a moment. His right eye flipped open when he sensed someone looking in his direction. His nose winced when he caught sight of Hyolim.

                What the hell was she doing here? She wasn’t part of EXO’s official makeup team! Heck, the last time he checked, she was Hyoyeon’s makeup artist…so why was she here in the mountains with EXO instead of Ulsan with SNSD.

                Why do I keep seeing her everywhere I go, he told himself as he glared at her, Is she a stalker? A sasaeng fan?    

                She saw him glaring and glared back, “What are you looking at?”

                “You.” he snapped, crossing his arms, "Stop staring at me."

                “You’re the one who’s staring!”

                “You started it first! Don’t get near me again, you psycho chick!”

                Hyolim wanted to retort but decided against it since there were people around and she didn’t want to lose her job. Huffing out a breath of air, she walked away, He’s still a jerk. I can’t believe I thought he was nice for a second.


Author's Note: Horrible chapter, I know. My brain can't think right now...

The next chapter will be better, I promise.