He Has No Idea

This Harsh Society

1;

 

 

 

9:00pm iKON’s 12th Floor Dorm.
Location: Bobby’s room.

 

…..

Bobby, being the lonely guy that he was had nothing to do on this particular day. All of his fellow members that dormed together with him were all busy completing their hectic schedules while he had more free time on his hands because of his recent filming for an upcoming Taiwanese drama. His solutions to these lonely situations were to fall asleep, however, his attempt to a good hour or so was unsuccessful despite of his fatigue. Bobby glances around his room and finally decides on what he is to do to pass time, even though he had promised not to for a long time now, 

Search up Double B videos on the internet.

 

Bobby hops onto his chair and quickly flicks the power button of his computer. Once the screen loaded, he was purely entertained by the extraordinary numbers of Double B videos on the internet. Much to his surprise, he found himself scrolling down to a particular clip’s comments section in which he had particularly avoided over the years for a number of reasons.  

 

0801heartingsj:
“oh my god, did you see the way Bobby grab Hanbin’s hands? They’re totally in love!! Kyaa!!!`~~~”

0404Double Bjjang:
“they’re so real, the way they look at each other. I can die happy now!”

ship15sj:
“Double B rules fanservice. They’re always next to each other. Why can’t they announce that they’re real already?”

Bobbyxx:
“come on guys, they’re married already!! What else do you expect?”

xxxxxsj:
“I wonder if they’re really like this in real life? Or is this all fanservice? I wonder if Bobby really does attach himself to Hanbin in the dorms and I wonder if Hanbin doesn’t mind his actions? I mean, is it classified as normal? What do you guys think?”

 

Bobby re-reads xxxxxikonic’s comment, curious to know about the fans’ thoughts. What did they really think about a man-man relationship, would they accept it? Would they still support Hanbin and himself if they were to be gay?

Bobby continues to scroll down.
 

0404Double Bjjang:
“umm.. not too sure about that. I mean, they’re super close right? But they’re friends. To think that Hanbin and Bobby are really in love is weird.
I mean, I love their fanservice moments, but wouldn’t it be classified as acting or something? They’re just keeping us happy right?”

55555teuknim:
“I agree with 0404Double B jjang, to think that they are really gay is a bit strange. I love Double B because of their super close friendship. I am against gay relationships.”

Bobbyxx:
“Why so serious xxxxxxsj? Everyone knows that what they’re doing is just to entertain us fans. Of course they’re straight!!”

56789403:
“Ew, xxxxxxsj, you can’t be serious, gays are gross.”

 

 

Bobby lets out a huge sigh and leans back on his chair.
So this is what they think… as he contemplates about their views in contrast to his own. He wonders why they would be so against homoual relationships? Aren’t the people involved, in love too? What is so weird about it? Aren’t they people who are in love as well?
A tight stabbing sensation starts to grow in his chest. He glances to his right, where an enlarged portrait of his iKON members stood still. Focusing on a particular member who was hugging himself in the photograph, he let out another huge sigh and returned back to the computer monitor.



Bobby continues to read the comments until a knock is heard on his bedroom door. He quickly exits the internet browser as he remembers not bothering to lock his door and spins on his chair, curious to see who has come to visit him in the middle of the night. The door slowly creaks open and a head suddenly pops out.



“Bobby! I was wondering if you had any ramen on you! Junhoe came over to the 11th floor this morning and ate up all of our food! I couldn't even protest, he snuck in with Jinhwan when we all had schedules to go to. I'm so damn hungry, I swear the managers should change our password code” exclaimed the familiar face, remembering to mention his reason before Bobby could even ask.

 

Relieved that he wasn’t questioned about what he was previously doing, Bobby lazily slipped off of his chair and walked towards the door.

“Wait,” was all Bobby said as he shooed the intruder out of his room and immediately shut the door on him. He quickly turned around and dug out his secret stash of food, consisting of strawberry milk, lollies, biscuits and of course, the intruder’s favourite ramen. His secret stash of food was made for him  anyway, even though Bobby appeared almost irritated every time he would come up to the twelfth dorm to complain about not having food, not once did he ever reject the guy. It was because Bobby could use it as an excuse to see him. Bobby intentionally hides his true feelings from him and makes sure that these feelings are not reflected by his own actions in real life. Why? Because Hanbin has no idea and Bobby did not want him to become uncomfortable. He believes that the displays of love onstage are purely fan-service. Bobby knows that Hanbin only thinks of his as his closest friend, nothing more and Bobby wants to protect this friendship, even if it destroys him inside.

 

 

“Bobby fears the stares, the mocking sounds of laughter and the hurt he may cause because of his love for Hanbin.”

 

 

 

Realising that he is taking too long, Bobby grabs two packets of ramen, sprints across the room and opens his bedroom door.

“Here. I don’t know how you always run out of food Hanbin. You have secret hiding spots in your dorm too right?” he sighed and shoved the two packets to the latter’s face. By now, Hanbin was ignoring Bobby. The slightly taller boy snatched the ramen off of the shorter’s hands and started jumping for joy.



“FOOD!! You have no idea how hungry I was Bobby!” Hanbin shouted and wrapped his arms around Bobby in his joy.

 

The sudden gesture makes Bobby jerk in surprise. He realises that his heart is deliriously pounding and Bobby quickly pulls away, hoping that his friend had not noticed. Bobby glances up and looks at Hanbin’s makeup-less, yet perfect pale face, Hanbin looks back in confusion, but nevertheless, continues blabbering on about how he has finally attained food. Bobby, knowing that by now, his cheeks would have a slight flush of red; quickly covers them with his hands.

 

“Hanbin, go back down and eat. You’re just making yourself hungrier by jumping up and down like a real monkey” Bobby says, trying to make Hanbin leave as quickly as possible.

 

“You’re right! Thanks so much Hae, you’re the best! I love you my friend” Hanbin says as he turns around and leaves.

 

Bobby’s eyes remain focused on Hanbin as he realises about the lack of clothes that his friend was wearing. For god sakes its winter, why on earth is he wearing a tight black wife beater? His eyes travel to Hyuk’s back and marvels over his well-defined back muscles.

 

“Yah, Lee Bobby... Bobby... Bobby!!” Bobby snaps out of his trance and realises that Hanbin was at the door now.

 

Bobby meets Hanbin’s orb-like eyes as he says:
“Seriously, thanks man. I don’t think I can survive without you.”

The door clicks open and then closed. Bobby is left alone in the 12th floor dorm once again.

 

 



Stupid, Bobby thought as he placed his palm on his chest to calm his pounding heart, don’t say that… even if you do really mean it.