Chapter 2

School, The Battle Field of Love

~Donghae's POV~

 

Dang, why did Bada freak out like that all of a sudden, that's not like him. Dang it, that 4th year probably thinks I raised him to be like this...oh well. It's not like I care, he's just some kid from school...but maybe he will come in handy one day. He is a 4th year afterall, so he must have connections. Anyway, I gotta hurry up and get to school. I need to meet up with Ryeowook. "Let's go Bada! Time to go home! I'll see you after school, so you better behave while I'm gone." I said to him in a baby voice. Yeah, so I treat my dog as if he's my kid, big deal. I put him down just inside the front door, quickly gathered up my books and ran out the door.

20 minutes later

"Pabo! You were almost late! Again! You were fauning over your little mini-poodle again, weren't you?" said Ryeowook as soon as I sat in my seat next to him. Every year I make sure we are sitting next to each other, otherwise I'll go crazy sitting next to some random, irritating kid that can't understand 'shut up'. Wookie is the only one that can calm me down.

"His name is Bada and so what if I was...um...what was the word you use--", "Fauning." He cut me off...grr. He always does that. I wouldn't need to ask him if he didn't use such big words. Such a smarty! "Yeah, right, that word. I wasn't 'fauning' over him (even though I don't actually know what that means, but it sounds like it's being exagerative), I was just giving him some love." I said defending my love for my kid/dog.

"Well, at least you finally love something more than yourself..." he said with a slightly bitter tone...is he jealous or something?

"What's that supposed to mean?! I love things more than myself, I just don't show it. Or when I do show it, it's not the the traditional way. Speaking of love...I heard a rumor that's flying around, and you know how I usually don't give a rat's about rumors, but this one kinda got to me...um, this is kinda weird for me to ask, but...are you ..."--I brought down my voice so no one else could hear--"...gay?..." I asked hesitantly, afraid that he would get the wrong impression that I would have a problem with that or become offended.

"Well...yeah...I am. I thought you knew?" he asked in a confused manner.

"Um, NO! I did NOT know this! Why didn't you tell me?! Did you think I would be upset? Or stop being your friend? Did you think I would be freaked out? You should have told me! Why didn't you? Dude, I thought we were closer than that?" I feel bad for yelling at him cause he looks really afraid, but I can't help it. I'm just so upset and hurt. Why wouldn't he tell me something like this? I mean, we've been best friends for so long. I was hurt that he felt like he couldn't tell me...

"Jeez, Donghae! Stop! I didn't tell you cause you never asked. And I was afraid you'd get freaked out. I was afraid that you would think I'm gross or something..." he said in such a sad vioce. His eyes were cast down, like he was afraid or too ashamed to look me in the eye. I feel really bad now...

*sigh* Wookie, you are my best friend. Actually, you are my only friend, but the point is, you are practically my brother. I could never stop being your friend over something as trivial as your ual preference. That would be stupid. I was just hurt that you felt like you couldn't trust me, trust our friendship enough to tell me."

"I'm sorry, Hae. I was just afraid. I won't doubt our friendship ever again. Brothers?" He said hopefully.

I smiled at him and patted his back,"Brothers".

We didn't realize until then that the entire class was staring at us trying to figure out what we were talking about. They had the weirdest expressions on their faces...I almost wanted to laugh. Ha, I wish I had brought a camera. But still the staring is rude! Time to be the normal, hot-headed Donghae.

"Yahh! What are you all staring at?! You have nothing better to do than snoop?! Why don't you spend your useless time doing something productive, like making a social life?! Shoo!" I yelled at them. They snapped out of their 'huh' faces and immediately went back to their books and phones. At that moment, our teacher came in and well, let's just say that I didn't pay attention to the rest of that class. Snoozer, ha!

After Class

Hmm, I started thinking about this out of no where...it's a rather silly thought, but I just want to be sure...

"Hey, Ryeowook, can I ask you something?

"Sure"

"Did you ever, you know, have feelings for me?"...I asked tentatively.

"Well, since you asked, I did when I first met you. It was just a little crush, but I got over it real fast." he answered honestly.

"What? Why? Am I that bad looking?" Maybe I'm just not gay bait...

"Ha, ha! No, it's not that. You are actually very good looking, I just found someone else."

"Someone else? Who? Have you confessed to him? Do I know him?" I was suddenly extremely curious about his love life.

"Um, well, I haven't confessed to him yet...I'm too afraid. And you do know him...It's Ch-Choi Siwon." He said nervously.

"SIWON?! But-b-b-but he's the HEAD off this school! He's a snob, rude, selfish, conceded, he's HUGE and really intimidating, even to a guy as tough as me!" I practically yelled. I can't believe this...SIWON?

!

"Shut up! He's not nearly as bad as everyone says. I've talked to him before and he's actually really affectionate. And he has this safe feeling to him. It's just that people misjudge him because of his status and size...I think he'd be a great boyfriend. You know what, I've been crushing on him for three years now, I should make my move already. I'll never know how he feels if I don't confess, right?" He said, suddenly inspired.

"Well, yeah, but are you sure you want him. Not someone smaller and sweeter. He's scary..." I really don't want them to get together. I will not allow it!. My Wookie will not be tainted by that ginormous, rich 3rd year.

Now, how can I make Wookie like someone else and give up on Siwon?... DONGHAE! Wait a minute, do you hear yourself? You're not accepting or respecting your best friend's preference...let him be....but...what if he get's hurt...I'm just...protecting him. That's it, I'm protecting him...

Donghae thinking up a plan...

 

****Note****

Hey guys! I'm sorry I'm slow to update, but school is crazy right now, but I'mma try my best to satisfy you guys. Sorry if the chapter isn't very good. Leave comments about what you think should happen or ideas for Donghae's master plan! As you can tell, Leeteuk is a supporting character and Donghae, Ryeowook and Siwon on going to be the main focus for the first few chapters. I'm thinking about making Eunhyuk come into the school as a new kid. What do you all think? Anywyas. Night guys! I'mma try to update every chance I get. ^_^