EPILOGUE

As Long As You Love Me

 

The four of us live in this apartment above Victoria's small bakery. It has three rooms.

 

See, although we've been living in Seoul, all together for the past 10 months, Sehun and Soojung still can't get around their feelings.

 

Oh well, patience is a virtue. 

 

I own one room, Sehun owns another one and Soojung and Jinri share the biggest room in the apartment. It's not really big, our apartment I mean. But it felt like home to us. 

 

Soojung and Sehun decorated the white walls after we settled in. Amber helped us with the furniture and we only have to pay half the rent. I bought Sehun a polaroid a month ago and our pictures hang on the mantelpiece above the fireplace. Soojung surprised the three of us when she sewed our names in on our couch pillows, she told us that she secretly wanted to be a fashion designer. Hyoyeon and Jonghyun helped us with our college applications. All of us got into good universities. In the morning, Jinri or Soojung would cook and the four of us would get ready for the day. Our days were spent in school. Nights were spent in our jobs.

 

I handle jazz lessons at Key's academy right after school, Monday until Wednesday. Soojung helps in Victoria's bakery for extra money and Sehun works as a tutor for the junior high students during his free time. Jinri, well, she's being Jinri as usual. She's a photographer, she usually puts up some gallery showings of her work and this earns her enough money.

 

We're busy and we only see each other again late at night. 

 

We miss our families... I miss Heechul I guess. Minho visited us just last week, bringing Mrs. Choi's banana cake with him. He informed me that Heechul is working again and he bought himself a new car, just like he told me that last night. Mrs. Choi wanted Jinri to go home. Mr. Choi was away occasionally on business trips, their house was empty since Minho and Jinri both moved out. Minho told us that The deal between Donghae and Siwon broke off and Siwon finally accepted that Jinri is with me though he doesn't like it.

 

Mr. and Mrs. Oh donated money to fix the half-pipe and Luhan and Chanyeol were top-notchers in the Busan University. Minho also told us that Joonmyun and Wufan bought their own cars and were traveling the world. I think it's a joke though. Soojung surely acted like it was. In the end, Minho told us that we can come and see him if we need too. 

 

But we always save the weekends for ourselves. 

 

 

This was a special weekend for me. 

 

I woke Jinri up. She had fallen asleep on my bed the night before, as much as I wanted to stay with her, the bed did not allow it so I had to sleep on the couch, which is no better since it's not long enough for me but it's alright honestly. As long as Jinri's fine.

 

"Did you sleep well love?"

 

"Yeah... thanks for lending me your bed." She laughed sweetly and pulled my shirt so that I was lying down with her.

 

"Don't I always?" I teased. She laughed and touched my forehead, smoothing out crease lines.

 

"Is everything alright Jongin?" She asked worriedly.

 

"Of course Jinri, why would you say that?" I answered non-chalantly.

 

But not really, I'm nervous and my heart is thumping.

 

Dugeun. Dugeun.

 

Can you hear it Jinri?

 

"You sure Jongin?" She smiled.

 

"I'm sure."

 

I hugged her tighter as the sunlight streamed in through the window. I heard Sehun and Soojung waking up and suddenly I couldn't take it anymore. 

 

Dugeun. Dugeun. 

 

Jinri looked up at me through her long lashes and I swear my heartbeat got even louder and faster.

 

I've been rehearsing this for a long time now and I was imagining it to happen on an afternoon, maybe in a park or when we head to Amber's place or in a romantic place.

Sehun and I have been planning it actually, Soojung even got a cake from the bakery just for this. I was supposed to surprise her during breakfast... with the complete, kneeling down thing.

 

Not when we just woke up.

 

But I couldn't control my words and my heart was beating so loud in my ears and it's beating only for her. For her. For her.

 

I rummaged through my bedside cabinet and pulled out a small pink box.

 

Definitely unromantic but... here goes nothing. 

 

"Jinri!" My voice sounds choked. 

 

Why am I this nervous?

 

"Yes love?" She smiled.

 

"Will you marry me? I mean not now... just you know, I have a ring for you... So yeah... will you... umm.. yeah. Will you marry me?" I laughed nervously, opening the box for her.

 

She suddenly teared up and hugged me tighter.

 

She kissed me on the lips and I felt her smile through the kiss.

 

"So yeah... will you marry me?" I asked her again.

 

She smiled through her tears.

 

"I will."

 

 

 

 

 

The door opened and Sehun widened his eyes at us.

 

He eyed the box in my hand and the tears on Jinri's face... and frowned.

 

"Thanks a lot Jongin, thanks a lot. Soojung and I actually prepared the cupcakes just now and you go proposing without us!" Sehun walked out and we followed him, Jinri half-laughing and half-crying.

 

"Sehun! Are they there?!" Soojung shouted.

 

"Yeah... yeah they are Soojung, don't be so happy though." Sehun said sourly. Soojung burst through the kitchen door, holding a tier of cupcakes with one hand and a pitcher of iced tea.

 

Her face fell when she saw Jinri crying/laughing.

 

"Oh. I see what you mean." Soojung set the tier of cupcakes at the table and sat down beside Sehun, already piling eggs into his plate. 

 

I smiled and went over to the two of them, wrapping my arms around them both.

 

I've never been the one for aegyo but it seems appropriate now.

 

"Mianhe Soojung-ah, Sehun-ah." I pouted, keeping their heads close together. "I promise to never propose to any girl again without you guys watching!"

 

Jinri crossed her arms and frowned. "You plan on proposing to any other girls Jongin?" 

 

I laughed, releasing my two bestfriends and approaching my fiancee.

 

The word is heaven.

 

"Nope." I put my arm around her and pulled her closer. "But I'll propose again and again to the same girl... if that girl likes." I smirked.

 

"Wait, you'll do it again?" Sehun interfered.

 

"Just like we practiced all right?" Soojung clapped and pulled Sehun and the cupcake tier back into the kitchen.

 

I smiled and put a kiss on Jinri's forehead, whispering "Just play along."

 

 

I smirked, got down on my knees and opened the small pink box, exposing the small gold circle with the diamond in its center.

 

"Choi Jinri, I love you. I know, you know it already, but I do, I seriously do. Because of this, Jinri, Jinri will you marry me?" I finished, smiling.

 

She brought her palms to her eyes and smiled.

 

"Yes, yes I will, Jongin." She said.

 

I stood up and hugged her as Soojung and Sehun went out of the kitchen with the cupcakes and a wine bottle.

 

"Here's to the newly weds!" Sehun shouted as he popped the cork off.

 

"Babo! It's newly engaged! Soon to be wed." Soojung laughed. I hugged Jinri again and sat down with them.

 

I could definitely live this life. With Jinri.

 

Just as long as she loves me. 

 

 

 

-XXX-

Finally, the last chapter.

It's been fun you guys :) Thanks for everyone who supported and subscribed to this story,

thank you for keeping up with it even though it sometimes gets crappy.

OKAY. TOO MUCH DRAMA FOR A 5 CHAPTER STORY ;____; 

BUT YOU KNOW, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

It did not end the way I expected but I liked it and I hope you guys did to :)

That's all. Thanks again *throws hearts everywhere*

-XXX-