001

As Long As You Love Me

 

March 4, 2012.

 

Jinri smiled as Jongin put his hand around her. He handed her a charm bracelet and blinked.

 

"Jinri, I know you probably have lots of bracelets and stuff but I hope you don't mind having another one." He said, a warm light in his eyes.

 

Jongin helped her close the clasp and she admired the bracelet. It had 5 charms, 2 letter J's intertwined together, A kite, a heart and a piano... a symbol of their good times.

 

"You had this especially made for me am I right?" She asked him bashfully.

 

"Yes, anything for you, you know that." He smiled.

 

"You shouldn't have." She answered.

 

"Even though, I still would... I would do anything for you Jinri, you know that."

 

She reached up and kissed his cheek. "I know that. And I would do to."

 

 

March 29, 2012.

 

 

The mic gave a sudden feedback, making Jinri step back, bumping into Sehun.

 

"Sehun.."

 

"Jinri?" He smiled at her, straightening his tie.

 

"Is Jongin there?" She asked. Sehun stepped forward and peeked through the curtain.

 

"I see him, Jinri. He's wearing the suit that you bought him and Soojung's with him. The suit looks nice." Sehun said, laughing a bit. Jinri shook her head and poked her bestfriend's shoulder. Jinri looked at him with amused eyes, but mostly her eyes were worried, watchful. It's a good thing that her parents aren't here at the function room yet.

 

"Jinri, It's your birthday. Your parents won't do anything to embarrass you or something okay? Jongin is safe for now at least..." Sehun said, hugging Jinri.

 

"You don't know my parents Sehun. If they find out that Jongin's here..." Jinri shuddered.

 

"But they won't okay? Look, Soojung's coming up now. I know she brings good news." Sehun smiled and lifted the curtain a bit to let Soojung in. She was wearing a silver dress and her hair was in curls. She reached out and hugged Jinri tightly.

 

"Happy 18th you big baby!" She squealed, hugging her tighter.

 

"I'm 18 now, Soojung, no longer a baby." She smiled.

 

"Probably not but you're still Jongin's baby no matter what.." Soojung lightly teased. Jinri managed a small smile and hugged Soojung back.

 

"Enjoy your birthday Jinri oh and don't worry. I'm part of your 18 songs right?" Soojung asked.

 

"Yes why?"

 

"When it's my turn to sing, you're supposed to be sitting at the back table but you won't. Sehun will bring you to the garden and Jongin's there. But after my song, you have to go back and Jongin has to go home or your mother will certainly catch you." Soojung explained.

 

"You...you...for me... but Soojung..." Jinri stuttered, touched by Soojung's plan but at the same time frightened by it. If something goes wrong and her father finds out...

 

"Yes, yes, I know that Sehun and I are awesome. Just take care of yourselves. Sehun and I love you and we love you when you're together." Soojung smirked smugly, flipping her hair.

 

Sehun and Soojung reached out their arms for Jinri and she gladly accepted their hugs.

 

This had been her best birthday gift so far.

 

 

 

 

It's a good thing that Jessica Jung was in charge of Jinri's party. LIke her younger sister, she supported Jongin and Jinri and found them cute so she usually was the master mind in Jongin and Jinri's escape scenes.

 

"Happy 18th Jinri! I hope you're enjoying the cake!" Jessica said.

 

"I am unnie. Thank you so much for arranging this for me. I appreciate it." Jinri said, taking a bite of the rainbow cake that Jessica was referring to.

 

"It's no problem. It's the best thing I could give you before I go to the States." Jessica pulled Jinri in for a hug and whispered, "I see Jongin... you'd better go and see him." Jessica pulled away and smiled mischievously. She nodded and let go at the same time that Jinri's feet started walking toward where Jongin was.

 

 

 

 

"Jinri."

 

"Jongin."

 

They hugged but it was brief.

 

"Happy birthday love."

 

"Thank you..." She bowed her head shyly, a blush tinting her pale cheeks.

 

"Look, I'll see you again later. I'm sorry. I see Minho and it will not be good if he sees me too." Jongin worriedly looked away, worried for both of them.

 

"It's my birthday... and I don't get to have my wish." Jinri whispered quietly.

 

"I'm sorry. I really am. We'll meet again later, Krystal's song. I'll be right here." Jongin replied, holding Jinri's face in his hands. He closed his eyes and pressed his lips to hers in his gentle and assuring way and Jinri felt safe.

 

 

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, Jinri's bestfriend ever since she was out of Mrs. Choi's womb. My sister, Soojung." Jessica raised her hand as Soojung stepped onto the stage and took the microphone.The crowd broke into applause as Soojung took the stage. She had always been Busan's sweetheart.

 

"Happy 18th girl. This song's for you, you know what to do." Soojung smiled and took a deep breath. At her place in the table, Jinri inhaled deeply. Her blood was pumping and her knees shaking.

 

If something goes wrong...

 

But Sehun assured her that nothing will. At the corner of her eye, she saw Sehun gesture for her to stand up.

 

"As long as you love me... as long as you love me." Soojung's sweet voice filled Jinri's ears as she stood up from the table.

 

"Jinri? Soojung is singing for you! Where are you going?" Sooyoung, her mother asked. The woman's eyes were worried as Jinri gripped a nearby chair to steady herself.

 

"I... I just need some air mother. I'll be back." Jinri faintly said. She had grabbed the chair because she thought for sure that she can't conjure up a lie that fast. Lies never were natural to her... but ever since Jongin, it was necessary. To keep their love secret. To protect Jongin.

 

Grabbing the chair proved to be good because Sooyoung merely thought that Jinri had too much to eat and she waved her hand, telling her to be back soon.

 

Jinri smiled to herself as she opened the glass door, separating the mansion's function room from the garden. She barely noticed Sehun as he whispered "Be safe and be back fast."

 

Her long white dress shined liked moonlight and her moon-shaped eyes were shining.

 

The garden

 

Where Jongin was.

 

The cold air hugged her legs and she longed for Jongin's heat when he hugs her.

 

She walked, the sound of Soojung's voice hitting the chorus in her ears, acting as her stop watch. Her countdown.

 

Her time is ticking away.

 

She blinked and someone grabbed her from behind, covering so that she won't be able to make a sound.

 

 

"Let's dance here yes love? Not in the middle of the garden because someone might see us." Jongin's silky voice whispered and she smiled.

 

"Let's dance Jongin."

 

"Sure, but before that, here's your birthday gift." Jongin kissed Jinri's forehed and took out a small silver box. He opened it, revealing another charm for her bracelet.

 

A flower.

 

"You didn't have to." She breathed out, taking the charm in her fingers. She knew that Jongin's father never gave him money.

 

"But I want too. Give it to me and I'll do it." Jongin gently said because Jinri's fingers were shaking as she tried to fit the charm in.

 

"You shouldn't have. You know that you're not that rich Jongin... you could've used the money to feed your father or something! You never should have spent these for me." Jinri said, wiping tears away. Jongin merely smiled and took her by the waist, swaying her.

 

"I want to. Don't worry about it Jinri. I manage okay? Just as long as you love me." He .

 

"I will. Always have, always will." She replied, a smirk tracing the contours of .

 They stayed in that position for awhile, the top of Jinri's head brushing against Jongin's chin. He knew he had to let go soon.

 

Not just because the song was about to end but because, so many things were stopping them and hurting them both. It won't be long before Jongin would get beat up by Minho or Choi Siwon himself.

 

Truthfully, he didn't know why they didn't approve.

 

Ever since they were young, they had been bestfriends and Jongin would always be the one bringing Sulli home when she had an injury or even when she did not have one. They were thick as thieves and Jongin's name became synonymous to Jinri's whenever it was spoken.

 

But it was because Choi Siwon beat his father, Kim Heechul in the Busan elections. His father became this drunkard and his mother left, not bothering to take her with him.

 

All in all, it was his father fault.

 

But he can't do anything about it now. The best he could do was do away with this... this sort of secret love with Jinri.

 

"The song's about to end Jinri. You'd better go." He pulled away but Jinri pulled him closer.

 

"I don't want to."

 

"You have to Jinri. Don't worry, you'll see me again. And we'll continue our little dance. It's best if you go inside now." Jongin turned away but Jinri grabbed his wrist.

 

"I love you." She tiptoed and kissed him deeply.

 

It's a cruel world... stopping us. But I'll take my chances with you by my side.

 

Even though she did not say it out loud, he understood.

 

But it was a little too late.

 

Jinri was back in the function room again and he's heading home.

 

 

 

-XXX-

Hello there dearest readers and subbies :)

Yes, this story has only begun! 

Okay, at first it's supposed to be a oneshot but you know... things happen and suddenly, Kai and Sulli moments are everywhere.

So this story will have at least 3-4 parts :))

I'll be posting the second part in a few.

Comments are appreciated and don't be a silent reader okay or elseeee...

In the meantime, I'll leave you hanging with this sort of teaser :

 

 

He silently sat down beside her, taking her hand in his in the process.

"Hi there love." She smiled, the morning sun shined on her brown hair and caught the light in her eyes.

"Hello." He replied.

"So... what did you tell Soojung for our cover today?" She asked. It was always Soojung or Sehun who covered up for them when they cut classes.

 

-XXX-