Chapter 2

Falling in love again

Chapter 2

As promised, Kris and Victoria went to xxx bookstore for the autograph session. Many readers were already queuing with books in their hand. Kris was not surprised to see that most of them were girls since the novels were targeted to them most of the time.

The couple joined in the queue and all the ladies started staring at them, mostly at Kris, like they were some rare
artifacts from a museum. Some of them were even taking photos of him not so secretively. Kris knew very well he had the ability to attract a certain level of attention due to his looks not being narcissistic and it was normal for people to take photos of him since he was the CEO of Wu’s cooperation.

However, the conversation he overheard not really accidentally was…weird.

“I think he is a seme!” A girl who was standing behind him commented.

“But he is too pretty to be a seme. I think he is a uke.” The girl beside her retorted and both of them started arguing.

What the hell were seme and uke? That was when Kris noticed that the cover page of the book Victoria was holding is two guys in a very suggestive position. The book was a boys’ love novel. That explained the commotion the readers were making. . For now, he can only pray hard that there were no reporters to make him the cover page of some gossip magazine.

“Kris…are you angry?” Victoria asked worriedly when she noticed the change in expression on Kris’s face.

If it was someone else who had brought him over to such events, he would definitely be pissed off and start giving the please face. However, it was Victoria who brought him here and he just could not get mad at her.

He did not want her smile to disappear.

“Of course not.” He gave his girlfriend reassuring smile,
pinching on her cheeks.

As long as the smile stays there, nothing else really matters to Kris.


Announcement was made that the author had arrived at the venue. The queue also started moving. Since they had a rule that the author can only sign on one book for each person, Kris had to take a book for Victoria and queue with her to get the signature.

After waiting for some time, Kris got a glimpse of how the author looks like. He was actually quite surprised to see a young man sitting there instead of a lady. He admitted he was stereotyping, but it was really rare to have a guy as an author.

It was finally his turn, the end of all his pain and misery. The moment he stood in front of him, the crowd went wild. Just bear with it, everything will be over soon. Kris went up and place the book on the table in front of the author and quickly back off maintaining a safe distance from him without making any direct eyes contact so that the fujoshi would not think so much.

Lay, of course, knew the reason for all the commotion that was going on. On his way here to the bookstore, Luhan had told him that he had a new model look-alike fanboy. Not only that, he was causing a huge commotion at the venue making all his readers crazy at the venue.

So this is the guy they are talking about. Lay thought to himself.

The author tried to verify whether it was really like what Luhan had mentioned but the fanboy was stubbornly looking elsewhere. The best he could see was his side view. Even though it was just his side view, he had to admit that the guy is really good looking.

And familiar...

Why does he look so familiar? Have I seen him somewhere before? Lay could not remember if he had seen him before. Maybe he was his loyal fan and always turn up for such events. But because he had his lost memories, he could not remember him.

Maybe...

Lay signed his signature on the book and handed back to him. As Kris took the book back from him, they had finally made their first eye contact. Having the thought that the person in front of him might be his fan and it was a perfect chance to tease his readers giving them some fanservice, Lay showed him his dimpled smile.

"Thank you for coming."

And Kris officially became a statue at that moment.

It was that smile.

He almost could not believe his own eyes.

The smile that he thought he could only see from Victoria...

The smile that was identical to the one he remembered in his heart...

He has it.

There were many images appearing in his mind but everything was too blurry and fuzzy. The only thing he could see was different scenes with the same person showing him the dimples smile. Before he could continue on recalling the memories, his trail of thoughts was broke because the staff started chasing him away.

Looking at how the fanboy had just stared at him, Lay confirmed his conjecture that he was his fan. Kris was too ‘captivated’ by him and his eyes did not leave him. He could not bear to leave him out of sight. He did not really know why his heart was telling him to do that.

“Kris!” Victoria called out his name and successfully dragged him back to reality.

“Why are you staring at him? Are you mesmerised by him?” She said jokingly from a perspective of a fujoshi.

Even though it was meant to be a joke, she was right about that. Kris tried to cover up by faking a smile. To be honest, he was really mesmerised by his appearance and he seems familiar, too familiar. The more he tried to recall back the forgotten memories, the more painful his headache was.

"Kris, are you okay?" She asked him, looking at how pale his boyfriend was.

The overload of information seems to be too overwhelming for Kris to handle. His headache had worsened and had to lean on Victoria for support.

"I don't feel well...call Zi Tao to drive us back," Kris replied honestly, he was not in the right condition to drive.

Before they left, Lay took a last peek at their direction. That was when he saw that a lady was supporting him out of the bookstore. Did something happen to him? The author could not help but feel worried about him.

 


 

"Luhan, have you seen him before in previous events?" Lay was scrolling through his fan page, looking at the updates regarding today's event.

"Nope, never seen him before. Why? Are you interested in him?" He teased the author.

"Of course not!" Lay replied defensively, "I just think he looks familiar like I seen him somewhere before so I thought maybe he was my fan and had come for my fan sign previously."

"Well even if you are interested in him, you don’t have a chance. He is straight and attached."

Luhan took a seat beside him and showed him his iPad where there was a whole list of information about him including his name, age, height, weight, occupation, likes and dislikes. There was even an attached photo of him with his girlfriend on the website. Lay could recognise her straightaway, it was the girl that came with him today.

So that is his girlfriend...

Lay could not help but feel a little disappointed. Kris was a really good catch but it was a pity that he was attached already.

"Apparently he came because his girlfriend is a fan of yours and he was just accompanying her. Maybe you had seen him on television or newspaper, that’s why you think he looks familiar."

Maybe...

Lay took a good looked at the photo a fan took today. It was a photo of Kris looking at him and he was smiling back to him. There was something about Kris that makes him feel that he was special. He believed that the reason why he felt he was familiar was not that he had seen him before on TV.

His heart was telling him there was a better reason behind him.

A reason that he will know if he recalls all the memories he had lost.

 


 

Because of one f word, the chapter was forced to be marked as M. Sorry to those who thought there will be in this chapter >.<

A/N: Finally! I am trying my best to update whenever I am free~ Being able to edit the story even on my bus trip really helps alot. Gonna pray hard I am able to complete this story :D thanks for the comments ~ 

PS: Any chanbaek fans out there? There is this game created for chanbaek fans to play! It is similar to sim dating game where you make the choices for Baekhyun or Chanyeol. Different choices will lead to different endings. Check out http://baekyeol-otome.tumblr.com/