Chapter 5

Falling in love again

Chapter 5

“Wu Yifan?” Luhan repeated the name, “like the guy from this afternoon? Are you secretly fantasizing making out with him when we are doing it?”

“Of course not!” Lay defended himself, “this name just appeared in my head when I was having a flashback. It might be someone I had forgotten because of the accident.”

“Well, there are thousands of Wu Yifan in the world you know?” Luhan reminded him of the harsh reality.

“And one of them is someone I have forgotten because of the accident.” 

The writer tried to recall his flashback but everything was too blurry and his head still hurts from just now. He dropped back on the bed in defeat, wanting the pain to go away quickly. 

“So does that mean no action tonight?” Lay nodded and wrapped himself in the blanket, leaving Luhan speechless and unsatisfied.

“I should have gone home with Kai.”


It was a rare sight to see Kris actually staying at home when he often spent all his time at work. Victoria had forced him to stay home and he got no choice but to listen to it. However, with the advanced technology, he could easily work from home without going to the office. Nothing can stop him from being a workaholic.

Not even his girlfriend.

Tao knocked on the door before entering the room with a stack of documents in his hand. It was his finding on the author as requested by his boss. It only took him a night to collate everything about him. Tao had always been tasked by Kris to check on people's background. He has a very wide connection around. It was easy for him to check on someone and also hide certain information.

“This is the report you requested. His name is Zhang Yi Xing and he uses the name Lay only for his books. He is living at...”

"Tell me something I want to know," Kris demanded.

Tao remained silence, refuse to admit he knew exactly what he wants and replied calmly, "I don’t know what you want to know."

Kris snorted at his answer. It was impossible that Tao did not know what Kris wants to know. He had always been his most reliable subordinates and he had been working for him even before he lost his memories. No one in the world would understand him better than Tao. 

At least that was what he remembered.

The tall man stood up from his seat and stride closer to the younger boy. A few steps were all it takes for him to stand in front of his subordinate. Kris was dangerously close to him but Tao stood still professionally. The younger one had to admit his height was intimating but he did not back off. Kris then whispered into his ears, "you know exactly what I want to know…Zi Tao."

Tao finally answered, "no."

Kris raised his eyebrows, not believing what he had just said. How could that be true? How could they not know each other before? He was so sure that he Yixing was someone he knew in the past but forgotten during the car accident. The book he dreamt of was found in his personal library, it was perfect evidence to show him that he knew Lay.

“Are you telling me the truth?” He asked again, doubting Tao’s answer. 

“You can check on him if you don’t believe me.” 

Kris clenches his fist tight but quickly let go of it. It was obviously pointless for him to do so. If Tao could not find the information, either it did not happen or he chose to hide it. He believed in the latter option. 

He needs to find out by himself. 

"You may leave now." The boss ordered and went back to his seats. 

Tao took a bow and left the room along with the file tightly clenched in his hands. After closing the door behind him, he could finally relax his tense body and heave a sigh of relief.

I am sorry, but this is for your own good.


It was early in the morning and the doorbell rung waking both of them up. Lay was the first to get out of the bed while Luhan was still busy struggling to wake up. The writer dragged his tired self and left the comfy bed.

Without any hesitation, he opened the door straight away to find Kris standing at his doorstep. He was properly dressed while Lay was in singlet and shorts. He regretted not looking through the peephole that was specially installed at the door to check who is out there before opening the door. How could he forget? He did not even make sure he was properly dressed. This was way too embarrassing. 

However, on the other hand, Kris seems unaffected by the way the author had welcomed him at the door. He continued on asking, “can I come in?”

“Who is it?” Luhan came out of the room half making the situation even worse.

Lay really felt like finding a hole to bury himself in it. What kind of person will his ‘fan’ think he is? A writer that is really gay and also having a relationship with his assistant? Well, he cannot deny the fact that he prefers a male but the reputation of sleeping with his assistant just doesn’t seem right.

“Aren’t you the guy from yesterday’s fan sign? Don’t you think you are being a little too stalker-ish to appear here?” Despite just being only in his boxer, he was not afraid to stand in front of him protecting his friend for this possible scary stalker fan.

Kris remained calm and explained, “I am here to ask Mr. Zhang regarding something important and I believe it is best to bring this discussion into the house instead of here in public. I don’t think we want to attract any unwanted attention.”

 

There was an awkward silence when Kris, Lay, and Luhan were sitting in the small living room together. At least all of them were properly dressed now.

Then Kris decided to break the ice, “May I speak privately with Mr. Zhang?”

“Well I believed with my relationship with him, I have the right to be here too.” The assistant placed his arms over the author protectively, closing the gap between them.

This is going to cause a big misunderstanding. 

His face darkens and kept silence. Looking at the situation, the writer quickly tried to smooth things a little, “Luhan can you prepare some drinks and food?” 

The assistant agreed reluctantly after looking at the pleading look on the writer’s face. He gave a final glare at the tall man, who had totally ignored it, before moving to the kitchen.

When Luhan was no longer within sight, he quickly explained himself, “Well Luhan is my assistant and also my… ”

Mr. Zhang, I don’t think there is a need for you to explain to me about your private affairs,” he interrupted. “I am here to ask you regarding something else.”

Kris took out a photo and placed it on the table, “do you remember this?”

Lay picked up the photo and take a closer look. It was a photo of them, him and Kris, smiling happily. How could that be possible? He had no memories that he met him at all until yesterday, how could he have taken a photo with him? Was he the guy that appeared in his flashback last night? Or maybe it was just a coincidence? Was he here to explain their past relationship?

“I don’t remember…do we know each other?” The writer replied honestly.

Don’t remember? Kris raised one side of his eyebrow, “you don’t remember?”

“I was in an accident previously and lost part of my memory. This might be the part that I do not remember.” Lay explained carefully, not wanting to hurt the tall man since there was a possibility that they may know each other before. Maybe they were best friends?

Accident? Kris pondered. This was definitely not a coincidence, maybe he might find some clues if he continues to investigate the accident. His thought was then interrupted when his phone vibrated. There was a text from Tao.

 

 

Ms. Victoria is here.

It was his cue to leave.

“If you do remember anything, please contact me.” He placed his name card on the table and left.

Luhan came out from the kitchen with three glasses of water and found Kris gone. He quickly went over to check on Lay, making sure that the possible crazy stalker did not do anything to him. The writer was staring blankly at the photo, holding on to the corner of the photo. 

He had failed to notice the time stamp that he was covered by his thumb. 

An important clue that acts like a key to open the door of answers.


A/N: WOAH I updated this fic. I can’t believe it. Is there anyone still waiting for an update? Thanks for reading ~

05/03/2014