Chapter 3

Falling in love again

Chapter 3

 Kris managed to get home with the help of his subordinate, Zi Tao. He had also called his family doctor, Suho, to give his boss a check-up. Suho was a specialist in the area and had been his doctor ever since the accident according to what Kris still remembered. Kris trusts him.

“What's wrong with me?" Kris asked while using the pads of his fingers, pressing down gently and moves his fingers in small circles on his temples.

"It seems to be a side 
effect from the accident. Your head will hurt whenever you are trying to recall the memories that you have lost because of the accident.”

He did not understand. It had been quite some time since the accident had happened. Why does the side effect only start now? Looking at the bewildered look on
Kris face, Suho continued on explaining.

“It may be because of a recent event that had triggered the memories that you had lost during the accident."

It must be that smile.
 

He remembered when the writer smiled at him. There were a lot of images that appeared in his mind. Since that smile was the only memory left after his accident, it was able to trigger his other lost memories.

"Your memories are now kept inside a box with a lock. In order to open that box of memories, you need a key which is most likely link to the incident that had happened to you just now. But because the box had been left untouched for quite sometimes, it is difficult to open it even though you unlocked it. That is why when you attempt to trigger the remaining lost memories, your head will hurt.”

"Does that mean I can get back all my memories?"

"Yes, it seems to be optimistic signs of recovering your memories. However human's brains are very complex. There is no guarantee that all the memories will come back to you. So just in case, I will prescribe you some painkiller for your headache. If it gets worse, call me immediately."

Kris nodded and his butler came over to Suho’s side, getting ready to him out. But the doctor stopped halfway and continued on.

"There is one more thing I need to tell you. The cause of your selective memory loss is because of a certain event that had happened. It was traumatic for you and that’s why your brain chose to forget it. As your family doctor and friend, I have to warn you that I have seen few cases of people recovering from it and having an adverse effect on their lives. If you recover your memories, it might change a lot of things in your life right now. Sometimes not remembering might end up being a good thing."

"Thanks Suho. I will take note of that."

"No problem that is what friends are for. Rest well and take care of yourself."

His butler escorted Suho out of the room, leaving Kris in a dilemma. He wants his memory back because it felt empty to him that a part of his life was missing. The memories during that period of time were blank like someone erased it from his brain. It made him want to get back those memories to make his life more complete.

But what if those memories were unpleasant? Would he be strong enough to hold himself together if it hurt his feelings a lot? What if he was actually a heartless man that hurt many people before? Or maybe he did something against his conscience? What kind of man was he before he met the accident? All the questions flashed through his mind making him indecisive on whether to regain the memories or not.

There were too many uncertainties in life.

The only thing that he was certain of was things will definitely become different when he regained all his memories.

For now, he could only let nature take its course.

Tao walked into the room breaking Kris’s trail of thoughts, making him remember his date with Victoria had to end early because of his sudden headache. He had to head back home first and then instructed Tao to drive her back home instead of making her wait here. There was no point to having her worried for himself since it would not help him at all.

"Have you sent Victoria back safely?" Kris asked Tao, making sure that his girlfriend was sent back home safely.

"Yes.
Ms. Victoria has reached home safely. Before she entered her apartment, she requested me to tell you to have a good rest and take care of yourself." The older one just nodded and signalled him to leave the room.

Kris massaged his temple gently trying to ease 
the headache. His mind was in a mess. There was nothing he can do now but to get some decent rest. Things will be much clearer after a good rest.

That was what he hoped.

It did not take long before Kris finally entered slumberland.

 

 

Kris was browsing through the shelves for books while holding on to a stack of it in his hands. As he turned to proceed on to another shelf, he knocked onto another customer in the bookstore. His books dropped onto the floor and the other guy quickly squats down to pick it up with Kris.

After picking up the books, he handed the books back to Kris with a wide smile on his face and asked, “do you like this author?”

It was that smile again.

The person was Lay.




Kris woke up in the middle of the night, remembering clearly what his dream was. It felt so real like it had really happened. Was his dream actually part of the memories that he lost? He did not know the answer but he was determined to find out.

He went out of his room and headed to his personal library. If he could find the books that had appeared in his dream, it would probably be real. Or maybe the books might have clues to the memories he lost.

There were many thick boring laws, business, history and other types of books. But just a glimpse through the shelves, it was very obvious that the books were not there.

But Kris did not give up.

He stepped into a room and took a good look at it. He walked up to one of the shelves randomly and grabbed one of the books from the bottom shelf. He did not know why he had chosen that book. His hands just took the book like a habit. It was like instinct. Kris flipped the book open revealing the books that he dreamt of hidden inside the fake book cover.

The dream was real.

Kris took out his phone and called Tao immediately, "check up on the author that had his autograph session today. I want to know everything about him."

The guy definitely has some link to his lost memories.

He needs to know more about him.


 A/N: Finally another new update! But not really a very wordy update. I am kinda getting more headaches from bus rides and it becomes difficult for me to type it out on phone >< Well I still manage to do it whenever I have enough sleep but apparently I don't really have enough sleep for the past few days.I finally have someone from livejournal to beta the story for me! Thank you so much to her/him ! However, this is the un-beta version >< sorry for the horrible English.

Happy Belated to 
Kris! A chapter that focused on him ~

08/11/2012