Don't mess with Kim Myungsoo

Cover Girl

 

Hana swirled her spaghetti boringly, half-listening to her date’s nonchalant stories about his self. Her date, Lee Taemin, was fine for her, face quality wise. But then the guy kept blabbing about his achievements by joining different dance competitions in and out of the country. And that fact made Hana cringe her head in disappointment.

 

She does not know what exactly her ideal man should be but bragging your achievements boldly is a big turn off for her. Hana openly showed her utter displeasure towards the dinner date and checked her watch. It was already 8:47 pm. The guy sure talked about his self for two and a half hours nonstop. And it looked like he doesn’t plan of stopping anytime soon.

 

Hana looked at her date, “I’m sorry Lee Taemin-ssi. I have to go.” Hana pulled her red Gucci purse and turned away from Taemin, leaving the guy speechless.

 

It was still ten minutes before 9 and it was a bit early for her to go home. Her father might bug her to why she came home early and ask what happened to her date which she was trying so hard to avoid. It’s not her usual time to go home anyway so she decided to drop by a near club and spend the rest of her night partying. At least that’s more enjoyable than her boring dinner date.

 

And so she headed to what she could call her haven.

 

 

--------

 

 

It was nearly 3 am when Myungsoo got up from his bed due to a sudden phone call from one of his colleagues, asking something about their scheduled operation the next day. Their call lasted for about half an hour, making Myungsoo wide awake. And since he can’t go back to bed feeling so awake, he went downstairs and tried to look for something to munch on.

 

As he descended down the stairs, he noticed someone was walking towards the direction of the kitchen. It was too dark since the lights were all off already so he couldn’t get a glimpse of the person’s face. Only the Slender man-like silhouette could be seen through the small lights of the house. Wary of who might it be, Myungsoo grabbed the nearest thing his hand could reach of and ready to smash it into the intruder’s head just in case.

 

But the intruder’s identity was soon found out when Myungsoo heard that familiar voice.

 

“The are you doing?” Hana asked, eyebrows knitting closely together as she looked at Myungsoo, who was holding a pole stick, incredulously.

 

Now it’s Myungsoo’s turn to look back at the girl with the same intensity. Never had he been cussed at and Hana’s the first one to do that. It made him a little pissed off but he held back the urge to shout at the girl. He put down the pole stick on the table. “How was your date?” he asked, switching the topic and not wanting to be the one being interrogated. He’d rather do the investigator role than the suspicious man.

 

Hana scoffed and opened the refrigerator, skimming the contents for awhile. She clicked her tongue when she couldn’t find what she was looking for. “Are the people in this house not drinking beers?”

 

“Dad and I don’t keep beers here.”

 

“What a waste,” Hana muttered. She walked pass through Myungsoo but got stopped when Myungsoo pulled her wrist.

 

“Did you drink?” He asked. The strong scent of alcohol from Hana was too noticeable.

 

“So?”

 

Myungsoo sighed, “Did you and your date had gone drinking?”

 

Again, Hana rolled her eyes and pulled her hand from Myungsoo’s grip. “None of your business. Now let me go and I’m going to buy some beer.”

 

“You’re not going anywhere. Go back to your room,” Myungsoo ordered, sounding like an authoritative father who’s scolding his daughter. Hana glared at him. “You’ve had enough alcohol intakes for tonight.”

 

“And who are you to order me around huh? Do you even know how many bottles I’ve drunk tonight that you can say I’ve had enough alcohol intakes?” Hana said, mimicking the way Myungsoo told her off awhile ago.

 

“You’re drunk.”

 

“I’m not drunk you idiot. Now let me go or you’re going to buy beer for me.”

 

Myungsoo sighed. Why did he even have to deal with a drunk woman at this hour? He didn’t choose any of Hana’s options and decided to send the girl to her room instead.

 

Hana seemed to realize what Myungsoo was thinking and started struggling. “Hey! Hey! Hey! I’m not going back to bed!!” But Myungsoo ignored her useless whines. “Ya idiot Myungsoo let me go!! You ing !”

 

Ignore her, Myungsoo kept chanting in his mind. She will stop eventually. She’s just like a kid. However, Hana didn’t stop calling him insulting names till they reach the door of her room and Myungsoo’s tolerate-Kim-Hana’s-annoying behavior meter had already reached 200%.

 

Myungsoo pushed her to the wall and put both of his hands beside the girl’s head. Hana was surely caught off-guard at the guy who she kept calling an idiot. Their faces were probably less than five inches apart and she’s not used to this close proximity.

 

“I’m not an idiot.” Myungsoo said, stressing every word with venom. And his words probably sounded that scary because the feisty Hana was actually slightly cowering with fear. Or maybe it’s just an effect of the alcohol. “Now go to your room.”

 

Hana’s still at a state of shock when Myungsoo pulled away. She was about to throw a snarky comeback but decided not to after seeing Myungsoo’s stern and scary eyes. She had no choice but to follow the man’s order and go inside her room.

 

“That jerk.” Hana kicked the doorjamb out of frustration. She mentally noted to get revenge from Myungsoo soon.

~~~

11/7/12 EDIT: Sorry some paragraphs were repeated. I didn't double check it. Really sorry!

Please comment! XD