She's Back!

Cover Girl

 

 

Myungsoo was surprised when a nurse came to his quarters, telling him that his father was looking for him. It was rather unusual to be summoned by his father, who also happened to be a doctor (head doctor and owner in fact) of IFT hospital, on such a busy day. It’s not like he’s complaining though. His work shift has just ended and he was ready to go back to their house. And besides, no matter what his father orders him to do, he’s more than willing to do it. If not for him, Kim Myungsoo would not be known as the youngest and best doctor of the decade so far.

 

His father is not really his biological dad. When he was six, his parents died in a horrible car accident, leaving him behind. The police decided to give the custody of taking care of him to his other relatives but life is so cruel for him. His only relatives refused to take him in. And just before he was sent to a foster house, someone named Kim Heechul saw him and took him in.

 

He learned from his savior, after a few months of living with him, that he has a daughter who had gone to New York with her mother. He could not just leave his job at Korea so he had no choice but to stay behind. Yearning for a child’s love, Heechul adopted him and treated Myungsoo like his own son.

 

Myungsoo reached his father’s office. He knocked at the door and let himself in. He was greeted by his father, who was then observing an x-ray sheet of one of his patients.

 

“Ah Myungsoo, glad that you’re here,” he said, putting down the black sheet on his very clutter table.

 

“What is it, father?” Myungsoo asked, taking a seat on one of the free chairs.

 

Heechul has a very pretty face. At first glance, you’d mistake him as a girl but after being with him for almost twenty years, Myungsoo had gotten used to his father’s looks.

 

“Hana’s coming back today,” informed Heechul.

 

Myungsoo’s eyes slightly widened. Hana, Heechul’s one and only daughter, is coming back to Korea after so many years of staying at New York? The guy couldn’t help himself not to ask why. He had not seen the girl personally, only at the pictures framed anywhere at their mansion. This somehow made him a little jittery.

 

Heechul heaved a long sigh, “I’m getting older, Myungsoo. At least, before I die, I’d like to be with my daughter.” He pinched his slightly wrinkled cheeks to emphasize his point. “I want to see her.”

 

Myungsoo understands that well. The longing of a father for his daughter was something he had noticed for the past years.

 

“What can I do for you then dad?”

 

“Please see her at the airport and send her to our house. I’ll see her after my work,” Heechul said. Myungsoo nodded eagerly, accepting the job despite knowing what’s in store for him. He kind of knows that Kim Heechul’s daughter has a bit of attitude problem. And so he will have to prepare his mental and physical state before meeting her. Just in case.

 

Heechul then gave him the time of her arrival on a piece of paper. Before Myungsoo left the room, Heechul reminded him to please, put up with Hana’s attitude no matter what happens. Myungsoo promised his dad that he will and with that Myungsoo made his way to the airport.

 

-----

 

It was so easy to recognize Hana in a swarm of people even though he had not met her personally. The moment Myungsoo caught sight of a long, brown, wavy hair and a face that pretty much resembles his dad, he knew it was her.

 

Hana sure exudes the aura of a model. With her long legs and pretty face, there’s no doubt she’ll end up working in that industry.

 

She was wearing a simple white shirt and skin-tight jeans and yet she was standing out. Or maybe it’s just Myungsoo’s imagination.

 

“I assume you are Myungsoo?” she asked, breaking Myungsoo’s little train of admiration towards the lady in front of him. He just nodded dumbly not really knowing what to say. “Right.” Hana handed her huge trolley bag to Myungsoo and the other just stared at it confusedly. He muttered a small ‘what am I going to do with this’ as he looked back at Hana.

 

“What? Don’t you know how to carry a bag?” Hana turned her back from the astounded Myungsoo and then started to walk, putting on her black Ray Ban wayfarers and ignoring the snort Myungsoo let out.

 

Myungsoo kept his cool although you can see him gritting his teeth in annoyance. Begrudgingly, he pulled the trolley and followed the beautiful yet mean mademoiselle.

 

That incident at the airport was followed by a series of Hana’s annoying and endless complains and demands. When they stopped at a certain intersection road on their way to the mansion, Hana criticized the very hot weather of Seoul and compared it to New York’s weather. She asked Myungsoo if his car’s air conditioner was even working perfectly because it doesn’t make any difference with the temperature. Minutes after, Hana changed the classical music playing in the car with her upbeat songs in her iPod. The songs were certainly not Myungsoo’s preference. He’s not the type of guy who listens to songs which lyrics were 99.99% cuss words.

 

However, despite Hana’s troublesome actions, their trip was fine. No words came out from their mouths as both of them were busy; Myungsoo driving and Hana writing something in her small black notebook.

 

“How was the trip?” Myungsoo asked, feeling the need to break the ice. He just could not ask why their father told her to come all of a sudden, could he? He would sound like a nosy man. And well, they only met for the first time and they haven’t talked before this once.

 

There was an awkward silence that lingered for a while before Hana opened a pack of Mentos and put one in . She put her black notebook back from her bag as she also put the Mentos in it. “Good,” she said while reaching for the volume buttons on the stereo. Hana pressed the volume up five times and the speakers started blasting a song from an artist he does not recognize.

 

The poor driver’s ears started to hurt so he automatically turned off the stereo and earned a glare from Hana. The girl reached for the buttons once again and the music deafened the doctor’s sensitive ears.

 

“Why did you turn it off!?” Hana yelled, murdering Myungsoo with her cold eyes.

 

“I don’t like your taste of music,” Myungsoo said, keeping his eyes on the road and doing his best not to start war.

 

“I don’t care!”

 

“Well miss, the last time I checked you’re in my car AND I’m older than you!” True, maybe Hana doesn’t know that Myungsoo’s actually a year older than her so she kept talking to him in an informal way. Or maybe she knows that fact but doesn’t want to address him in such a formal way since she grew up in a city where almost everyone is equal.

 

Hana kept it shut after seeing Myungsoo’s colder than the Atlantic eyes. She could make a witty retort but she might be kicked out of the car and they had not even reached the house.

 

 

 

-----

 

When the two arrived at the mansion, their maids came rushing towards them (or more likely towards the sole daughter of their master) and took the luggage.

 

They went inside without too much fuss and Myungsoo liked it that way. He went to his room and left Hana in the common room, telling her to wait for their father since he will be at home in less than an hour.

 

-----

 

Hana’s world shook after hearing her father’s words. Her jaw dropped and if it’s possible it would reach the floor. They barely talked, telling each other their lives when they were away and then her father had to bring up a very insane topic.

 

“Dad! Are you serious?” Hana said furiously, not minding if everybody in the house could hear them. Maybe they won’t since Heechul and Hana were inside the study room but still… Hana’s voice was so loud.

 

Heechul sighed, knowing her reaction will be like that. “I’m getting old, sweetie. And besides you’re already at the right age to get married!”

 

“That’s not the real issue here dad. You sent me here all the way from New York just to tell me to get married?!” she paced around the room; her tall shadows caused by the setting sun followed her as she walked back and forth around the room. “I’m just 25! I’m still at the prime of my career! Why would I want to get married?”

 

~~~~~~

A/N: So how was it? XD Comment & Subscribe! :D