The rest of class

Miss Delusional and Mr Kim

&ÂChapter four- The rest of class 

I sink into my seat, this can't be happening, he's not like this, why is he like his? Why is Mr Kim like this? I depressingly stare at the page that was once attached to my book before handing it over to him, I had handed it over to him believing that he would not dare to humilate a student and make them feel terrible. I close my eyes, waiting for the moment he raises his voice to recite all my private thoughts on paper, his beautiful voice, his deadly beautiful voice.

"I'm joking, get back to work, and Ka Eun, see me after class." 

He smiles brightly for some odd reason, I'm not sure whether he was trying to make a joke but no one laughed. Even I didn't find it funny. There's only around five minutes left of class and I have also finished my work, this gives me the perfect reason to just zone out. 

I still miss him, my youngwoong. 

Why did Mr Kim have to take the paper and he's probably already read it, but it's not for him. They make be alike, but they are different, extremely different. I gaze into the distance as the bell rings, signalling the end of this lesson. 

"Don't leave yet. Listen to me, listen to these instructions. Step one, I want you to pack up your books for your next class, step two, place your math work book at the top turned to the page where you worked today. Step three, meet me at the door, step four, if I say your name out loud it means you'll be going on a little date with me in the detention room on the second floor. Understand?" 

"Little date?" I hear the girls whisper, "as if he'd use that word... he's like a teacher... but he's so hot." 

They better leave those fantasies to themselves, because Mr Kim's alter ego, my youngwoong, is mine. 

Sounds of books shuffling and chairs being pushed back against the table is heard, as well as pages turning in their exercise books to the page Mr Kim had requested. We all form a line but I purposely place myself last since I have been instructed to stay back a bit. 

"Lee Na Young." She looks down dejectedly and nods, before heading off. How unfair, she had questions and he spent a while going through examples with her, so of course she wouldn't get the work done. 

"Tiffany Hwang." 

"Kim Taeyeon."

"Byun Baekhyun."

"Kim Jongin."

"Kwon Yuri."

"Kris Wu." 

I watch as they all sigh and take their leave. When it is my turn, I show him the work I have completed and he gives me a weak smile, "I'm glad you have finished your work, but right now I must keep you here because you were obviously not focusing in class." Mr Kim says, I can feel him staring at my in the eye, that's only if he can see it. I refuse to look at him in the face, I have never been able to look at someone in the face once when they speak to me, unless it's accidental. 

"I'm really sorry, I-I won't.. I'm sorry I j- I won't do it ever again." I stutter quietly, but he has sharp hearing. 

"Are you always like this?" He randomly asks out of the blue, I clutch my books even tighter in my arms, what is he even talking about? 

"I'm sorry... I..I don't understand your question." 

"You're really quiet." 

I blink and stare but refuse to stare at his face, what's wrong with being quiet? Why is he even judging me for being this quiet? I don't understand, and I'm not quiet on the inside, the thoughts in my head run crazy and talk to me. 

"....S-s-ssorry." 

"You've finished your work I know but I hate students not focusing in my class, so you will also be joining the other students for dentention with me at lunch." He randomly says, completely changing the topic. 

"Disappointed you can't save your time with your youngwoong eh?" He mutters, loud enough for me to hear. 

I leave the classroom as fast as my legs can take me.

*

"I swear, Mr Kim is the iest teacher in the school right now." Kris Wu, some popular exchange student from China says as everyone waits outside the detention room. Part of me agrees but the majority of my insides feel bad for Mr Kim. Afterall... he... he's... he's my- I don't know anymore. 

"He's super hot though, oh my god I mean look at him, it must be illegal to be that gorgeous!" Tiffany says, the guys look at her weirdly as Yuri speaks up, "I completely agree, he's so gorgeous." 

"I bet you there's some bad boy in him, I mean look at those gorgeous studs on his ears! Yet he's so neat looking too, his appearance is totally my type." Taeyeon says. I can't say I'm eavesdropping their conversation but truth is right now I'm probably acting like some spider in the corner staring at the world infront of me while people want to avoid me and want nothing to do with me. I look at the group through my frames to see Baekhyun staring at Taeyeon weirdly. 

"Why don't you hit on him then? How gross, he's a teacher." Baekhyun says, I bet you that guy has been crushing on Taeyeon for ages and he's jealous. I can tell by that sour look on his face, he almost looks like a screwed up lemon. 

"Na Young, hold my books my arms are getting tired." 

"Okay." She replies, instantly holding onto Tiffany's books as the group continues to socialise. What's with that girl? She's not a slave... 

"So bottom line is, I can't believe we have to be with Mr Kim until the rest of the school year! We're only like a month into the year... I don't know how I can live with his bull anymore I swear." Kris says. 

"We've only had him like once or twice and he's already downright horrible, right Kai?" Baekhyun asks the guy leaning against the wall peacefully, that boy doesn't really talk much. 

Kim Jongin, his name. 

Kai, his nickname, yet another popular person who doesn't speak a word. Makes no sense, because if he can be popular by not saying anything I think I can be the next Queen B. 

"Hmmm." He replies. 

"Excuse me for being five minutes late, but I thought I would give you all five minutes to talk about me behind my back before entering the dentention room where I will forbid you to speak a word. Those who don't finish their math work during this one hour break, will spend more time with me afterschool." Mr Kim says. 

Everyone looks at each other in depression. 

"Except you Ka Eun, since you have finished your work, you don't have to stay as long. You can leave in half an hour." I nod, and with that he opens the door with his keys and everyone sits in their designated seats. 

This is going to be an extremely long half an hour. 

*

I look at Mr Kim focusing on his laptop, he's so engrossed in his work and his eyebrows are slightly crossed. That's probably his concentration 1.0 face. I stare at him for longer, this time his eyebrows shift lightly upwards. 

That's his concentration 2.0 face. 

Now he's taking a sip of his coffee, his eyes stil fixed onto the screen. 

That's his concentration 2.1 face, it's the same version but different position. 

Mr Kim now raises his hand and lightly scratches the region in between his perfect eyebrows, that's his Scratch Scratch version 1.0 face merged with concentration 2.0 face, making it the Scratch concentration 1.2 face. 

I continue to stare at his gorgeous features, how come I didn't notice all this years ago? He just gets better. I can sense his eyes about to shift up and stare at me so I quickly look back at my book. From my peripheral vision I can see Mr Kim glancing around the classroom and looking back at his laptop screen. I sniff a few times, is it really cold in here or what, I know that we're in Spring right now but I keep sniffing. 

I try to lower my frequent sniffing but I can hear people getting frustrated. 

My noise feels so itchy right now. Just at this moment, a figure walks in front of me with a tissue box in his hands. Before I could look up I sneeze so hard I can feel the particles flying out, it almost looks like a migration of white bugs in the air.... until I see a large caterpillar stuck against a smooth surface. 

Everyone in the room turns to see Mr Kim's shocked face and cover their mouths, attempting to suppress their laughters. I look around and Tiffany laughs harder, "K-Ka-hahahaha, Eun... your.. noise!" 

I think I may have snot dangling down my nostrils, but something tells me this isn't what they're laughing at. 

I look ahead of me to see that giant caterpillar. 

It's not actually a caterpillar, but instead.... it's the substance from the inside of my nose. It's.... my snot. 

Stuck, and attached... 

on Mr Kim's pants. 

I hastily grab the tissue box at the stunned teacher in front of me, blowing everything out as the students erupt in laughter. I give my nose a good clean before standing up and bowing a billion times to the stained person in front of me. 

"I'm sorry, sorry, I'm really really sorry. Sorry Mr Kim, I'll... I'm super sorry, I feel horrible, sorry sorry, please give me your pants, I'll wash them!" I say, I don't think I have ever fluently talked this much in my life. 

"That can sound so wrong on so many levels." Kris says. They laugh even more. 

Mr Kim finally clears his throat, silencing everyone with his intimidation and stares at me in the eye, if he can see my eyes. "I take my word back about staying back for half an hour only, you're staying the full hour. You're also staying for another detention afterschool." 

"Yes... but please let me help, I'm so sorry..." I say, grabbing a new tissue from the box he's holding, wiping off that caterpillar stuck onto his pants. In the process, he steps back, "It's not appropriate to touch me, stop it." He snaps. He's been pissed off by the class but he's never yelled at anyone. 

It may only just be me. 

"I'm so sorry." I say again, on the verge of tears. 

*

When lunch time detention was over, the students who participated all get up to leave. As soon as we reach the door, and far away from Mr Kim's presence, the crew laugh even louder and start gossiping over that embarassing event. 

Things like this make me want to sink myself into the ground and disintergrate and dissolve into a particle. 

I stand there with my books tightly cluthced into my arms and stare at the floor in shame. What will Mr Kim think of me now? I don't want him to think badly of me... Mr Kim... he is that sunbae afterall. I sigh dejectedly before someone pats me on the shoulder. 

"Good job." He whispers near my ear and proceeds walking ahead of me. I freeze on the spot, who would.... someone... approached me. 

I look up to see Kim Jongin's back view walking away from me. 

 

 

Short update in comparison to the others! 11/09/2014
I actually laughed while writing this, though it isn't all that funny haha!
So, I wonder what our Kim-sunbae, (now Mr Kim) thinks of our weird main character?
Let me know!
Comment/subscribe, whatever (: