Chapter 1

Knowing my secret , Would you still love me?

(Note: Fonts that are in itallic are your own thoughts. Also, I don't know until when, but everything would be in your POV or nobody's. And I have to apologise beforehand that my English is not that good. So there might be some grammar mistakes or having wrong sentence structures. Do forgive. >.< And also, lets just pretend that Tao is Miyoung's cousin IN THIS STORY. Thank you! :D)


"YAHHHHH!! Miyoung why are you ignoring me?" I got a pretty hard slap on my shoulder.

"Oh. Sorry. I didn't hear you. What were you saying?"
"Are you deaf or what?" Joohyun gave me that irritated look again.
"Not exactly... i guess" I shrug like how i always replied to her question.

And as usual, she rolled her eyes, giving me a slap on the back.

I seriously hate lying to Joohyun, since she's my best friend and everything. I just don't like sympathy looks. Dumb. I know.

Joohyun rolled her eyes and pulled me to her locker.
"Guess what? I scored an B in math! LIKE FINALLY!" She squealed jumping up and down.
I pat her back, "you know. Studying in such elite school, i think its basic that you get an B"
"I hate you and your words." Joohyun muttered leaning back on her locker.
"Thats me." You winked.
"Stupid fangirls." Joohyun rolled her eyes.
"can't blame them ." You simply stated.

The cowd got bigger and bigger. The oh-so-famous-group-that-caused-a-ruckus-wherever-they-are walked along the corridors, named SHINee.

The group consists of Jinki, also known as Onew, Jonghyun, KiBum, also known as Key, Minho and lastly, Taemin

They are also know as the Senior Ulzzang, simply because they stole the ladies' hearts. Even their charm was undenieble to the males. They are mostly in the senior blocks because they're the seniors on this school.

Then, theres EXO, the Junior Ulzzang. The group consist of Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, DO, Kai, Sehun, Kris, Xiumin, Luhan, Lay, Chen, and lastly, Tao. Since they're the Juniors, they are mostly in the Junior block.

Both SHINee and EXO were the best of friends.

Then here they are, walking.

They winked.

They waved.

They smile. 
And here I am, who couldn't care less.

.

My suroundings starts to quieten down.

Goddamnit.

Everything starts to quiet down. Just silence.

"Hey, I'm going first." I turned and waved to Joohyun.

All you could hear was nothing. Just silence. No sounds, nor voices, No Birds chirping, nor lockers being opened or closed.

It has now became the quiet side of the world.

I hate this.

You went in the classroom and sat down. Grumpy as usual, when this happens.

The seats are starting to be filled up as the bell is about to ring.

I'm guessing the bell had rang as the teacher had just walked in.

All the seats had been filled up, well, except for 2 of them, since they are supposedly occupied by 2 members of SHINee. Minho and Key.

Attendance was taken and the teacher, Ms Kim, couldn't care less that they were absent and continued with the class.

My hearing is starting to recover.

Phew. Just in time.

I took out my notes and continued with the lesson.

~

And then the times flies through like a rocket.... And then school ends.

~

"MIYOUNG AHHH! Guess what?" Joohyun jumped around.

"What? You got another B?" I replied sarcastically.

"TSK. I wish. But, no. Not that." She shaked her head disappointedly.

"Then?" I gave her a questioning look.

"MY PARENTS ARE FLYING!!!!" She smiled wildly.

"Oh."

"Come on! You know what I mean." She whined and pouted.

"Fine. Dinner together then." I sighed, defeated by that pout.

"OK!" She shouted giving me a thumbs up while running home.

I guess it won't hurt to skip another appointment. It doesn't matter anyways, not like I can solve my hearing difficulties.

I sighed and walked home slowly, preparing for another lecture of not making up my appointments.

 

---

 

 

“Miyoung ah! You know you’ve skipped a lot of appointments already!”

“Yeah noona, you shouldn’t play truant!” Tao joined in, ganging up with my parents.

“Yeah, says the person who played truant every time.” I glared at Tao and rolled my eyes.

“But this is different!” He stuck out his tongue on me.

“No. Same logic applied.” I shot back.

“No---“

“Okay. Okay. Stop fighting guys. We are being serious here, Miyoung, you should go for the make-up appointments.” Father Zhang’s strict side came out.

“O-Okay…” Both of us bowed our heads.

“But, appa, I already said I’m going.” I pleaded with my puppy eyes.

“Still….” He sighed, defeated. “Next time you better go.”

“OK! Deal appa! GOMAWO!” I jumped and hugged my father.

“No more next time.” He sighed and left the room.

“I’ll make sure you go next time!”  My mother warned me.

I nodded and pushed her out, “Got it.”

“You know I can just-”

“Don’t even think about it.” I sighed.

Tao sighed and ruffled my hair as he went out.

I plopped down on my chair and start finishing up my homework.

 

Tao was like my little brother, yes, we quarrel a lot, but we both know that we really care for each other genuinely. Some might ask; why are we living together? Well, Tao wasn’t as lucky as me in terms of family background. His parents had never really cared for him as they are always busy with their business that had become better. They had never called or show him any concern for past few years ever since he left them and became homeless. My parents found out and took Tao in and ever since took care of him like their own child. Since then, our family was never in a good terms with Tao’s family. Even my father, who don’t usually gets angry, will flare up whenever he meet his very own brother who actually could do such thing to his own blood related son.

 

“You know, I could always just tell-“Tao barged in the room again.

I threw a pillow right at his face.

“I’ve said it.”

“Look noona! I could at least help you when things happen, so just stop declining my help, will you?”

“You know why I don’t want your help.”

“Still! Why do you even care about others?” Tao folded his arm and sat on my bed.

“Yeah? And gets all the attention? You know when you simply hang out with a girl, no matter what kind of relationship the two of you have, it will cause a stir among you fans. Why bother?”

“But...” Tao was lost at words.

“You know I hate attention. So, now, get out.” I pointed at the door.

“Fine.”Tao threw his hands up in defeat and walked out.

Peace at last.

7pm

I was ready at the nearby restaurant, Louis’s (I have no idea for whatever name to have for this restaurant.. hehe) waiting for Joohyun.

Urgh, why is she so slow? It’s been like half an hour!

I sighed, checking the time, deep in thought.

Oh great.

I look up, knowing that I’m supposed to look out instead now.

The door opened, a group of guys came in, attracting a lot of attention.

SHINee and EXO. Am I lucky or what?

Behind them, Joohyun came running in.

“Sorry sorry! Please forgive me, I was held up by the traffic.” Joohyun panted.

“Nah, it’s okay.” I wave it off.

For the rest of the dinner, it was just mainly Joohyun fangirling over EXO, yes; it’s weird, Joohyun liking someone younger than her. What’s better? She’s fangirling over my very own cousin, Tao. 

“You know, for your age, SHINee would be better.”

“Well, I prefer younger ones.”

“But will the younger one accept an older one?”

“Just let me live in my dreamland, would you?” Joohyun glared at me.

I shrugged. “If you insist.”