Chapter 1

Around the World

My name is Bae Min Young. I am 18 years old, almost 19. I am the co-owner of the international restaurant, Around the World. I am the head waitress there. I live in Seoul, South Korea.

I said I'd go into my dream next. The dream is to own a restaurant that almost all of South Korea knows about. So far it's getting there. We've been getting more and more customers.

I guess I'd better explain what Around the World is. It is a restaurant that, well that makes food from around the world. We make food from America, Japan, Korea, Greece, Canada, Mexico, France, Ukraine, Brazil, Italy, England, and more. Min Jee and Soo Min are the chefs. Me, Chun Hei, Jessica, Hana, Seol, and Sun Ra are the waiters. Every now and then my older sister helps out.
 
The schedule is usually on Monday Soo Min, Chun Hei, Hana, and me work. Tuesday Soo Min, Hana, Jessica, and Sun Ra work. Wednesday is Soo Min, Sun Ra, Jessica, and Seol work. Thursday Min Jee, Seol, Me, and Jessica work. Friday we're closed. Saturday Min Jee, Sun Ra, Seol, and Chun Hei work. Sunday Min Jee, me, Chun Hei, and Hana work.

Sometimes it changes. Not really. But that the general idea. Min Jee is the other co-owner. We live in the apartment above Around the World. Soo Min and Chun Hei live three streets over. I don't know or care where the other workers live.

Soo Min and Min Jee are our chefs. We only ever need one chef. If we need one more we call in the other one. We open at 10:00 a.m.. to 11:00 p.m.. on week days. On weekends we usually open at 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.. We have late hours.

We usually play Kpop's most known artist for music, since we cater to the younger generation. Every now and then we get an elderly person.

We usually interact with the customers. If you're here then we will talk to you and recommend the best dishes. We like having our customers happy, so they'll come back.

Around the World is quickly getting more and more known in Seoul. We had some people from Busan who heard about us and wanted to come see what all the fuss was about.