Chapter 8

2nd Chance

 

“will you marry me?”

 

“oppa…what are you doing…are you joking ha!!!???”

 

“No I’m not…you know how much I love you and I want you to be mine forever”

 

“pls…oppa stand up…many people are watching us now, stand up!”

 

“I won’t stand unless you say yes…”

 

“Ok Ok…YES!...so pls stand up…”

 

“jinja? (hugged her tight)”

 

3 years has been past but Director Choi don’t forget the moment that he propose to a girl that change his life and the girl that made his life upside down.

 

Director Choi preparing his self from leaving his office. He already finish to arrange the invitation in order and its ready to distribute to their guests. Before leaving Director Chio called Mr. Cho.

 

D. Choi: this already arrange by orders just deliver it to the address that has been written in the guest list.

 

Mr. Cho: neh…so your leaving now?

 

D. Choi: neh…

 

Mr. Cho: where are you going?

 

D. Choi: at my house!

 

Mr. Cho: jinja? at your house?

 

D. Choi: neh…!!! Why are you asking me?

 

Mr. Cho: nothing…I thought that you will ask Ms. Hwang to go out

 

D. Choi: what? hey!!! Stop teasing me with Ms. Hwang your not funny and she’s here to d her job and not dating anybody here.

 

Mr. Cho: (crossing his arm) you like her? But you didn’t admit to yourself.

 

D. Choi: Yah!!! How could you say that? (almost losing his temper)

 

Mr. Cho: Seunghyun we are friends since high school and your asking me “how could I say that?”. I know you and you already told me that before.

 

D. Choi: (blank) OK FINE!!! You owe me for that Kyuhyun but please stop teasing me with her, she might get a wrong impression.

 

Mr. Cho: Ok I promise…but also promise me one thing, when the time that your ready to admit to yourself that you like Ms. Hwang you must tell me first. Ok deal?!
 

D. Choi: your joking right? I got to go, the invitations don’t forget. (weaving his hands)

 

Mr. Cho: Yah!!! Seunghyun…jinja he thinks that I’m not serious…we will see (talking to his self)

 

Tiffany together with her bestfriend Sooyoung and Teayeon are happily chatting in the living room while eating their favorite past time foods.

 

Taeyeon: when is the last time that we did this? (holding a cup of ice cream)

 

Tiffany: last last week? (holding a spoon)

 

Sooyoung: are you sure…I think last month (eating potato chips)

 

Tiffany: jinja?

 

Taeyeon: neh…its been a while since we do this thing again. I’m happy that we are doing it right now.

 

Tiffany: me too…I really miss this. (take a scoop of taeyeons ice cream)

 

Sooyoung: because were too busy that why…by the way how’s working with that company?

 

Tiffany: its great…V.I.P hotel is very great.

 

Sooyoung: jinja? how about Director Choi? (evil look)

 

Tiffany: what? (confused) his fine…really a gentleman.

 

Teayeon: he is kekeke…the time that he save you form falling jjang…

 

Tiffany: hey…the two of you stop making fun of me (blushing)

 

Sooyoung: why are you blushing…you like him?!?! Ah…(pointing her head) jinja? you like him did you? (shaking Tiffany)

 

Taeyeon: jinja? Fany-ah…what? you like him?(move close to Tiffany)

 

Tiffany: (laugh out loud) WHAT?!?! what are you talking about? Aniyo…aniyo…

 

Sooyoung: yah! Stop covering yourself again Fany-ah, you like him admit it, your blushing (poke Tiffany’s face)

 

Tiffany: aniyo…seriously (laughing)

Taeyeon: stop laughing Fany-ah…its serious question. Sooyoung and I notice that your acting weird this past week. (placing her cup of ice cream in the table)

 

Sooyoung: that’s right, and when you told us the incidence (when Tiffany fall)

 

Tiffany: guys!!! Its nothing, change topic.

 

Sooyoung: why we have to change the topic if you don’t say the truth. Common Fany Fany where not kids anymore.

 

Taeyeon: then if not Director Choi…who’s the…(stop and think) OH!!! Its Mr. Cho you like him, the secretary.

 

Tiffany: (burst again her laugh) Ok stop…I can’t breath Mr. Cho? aniyo I don’t like him, his only my friend.

 

Sooyoung: HWANG TIFFANY…when is the time that you will be serious in this topic ha!?!? And when is the time that you will date a guy again, don’t tell us you would like to be a single parent forever.

 

Taeyeon: Fany-ah, Sooyoung is right, and we don’t want you to be like that forever, you like to see Miyoung that way having no dad at all.

 

Tiffany: (speech less)

 

Taeyeon: think about it…Miyoung wants a dad, a man that will take care the both of you.

 

Tiffany: she almost 5 yrs. Old and shes fine without a dad. She just need us…the 3 of us.

 

Sooyoung: Miyoung needs a dad Fany-ah, and even you. You need a man that will take care and love you.

 

Tiffany: I don’t think that they are guys out there that will do that thing to me if he knows that I have a daughter already. I mean…I’m fine with this kind of life having Miyoung is enough.

 

Taeyeon: shut up! They are still some guys who will understand you and love you as you are.

 

Sooyoung: and I think one of them is Director Choi. (wink)

 

Tiffany: he didn’t know about Miyoung, and nothings going on between us. We are just working…and that’s it.

 

While having their argument, Tiffany’s phone rang unregistered number appears.

 

Tiffany: yobosayeo? (walk across the window)

 

Unknown: yobosayeo…Ms. Hwang its me Director Choi.

 

Tiffany: Director Choi…

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon was shock because they did not expect that Director Choi and Tiffany called each other. They walk behind Tiffany listening of what Tiffany and Director Choi talking about.

 

D. Choi: sorry for calling you at this time. Did I disturb you?

 

Tiffany: aniyo…its fine. Any problem?

 

D. Choi: aniyo…there’s no problem, the truth is I’ll just what to check if you got home safe?

 

Tiffany: (shy smile) neh…I got home safe, nothing to worry Director. What about you?

 

D. Choi: I just got home, just now…kekeke…sorry for disturbing you, so good night see you tomorrow?

Tiffany: neh…thanks for checking me keke…(eyesmile) good night. Yes! see you tomorrow.

 

D. Choi: Ok. Bye!

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon pulled Tiffany to the sofa.

 

Sooyoung: so whats that? your calling each other…his checking you if you got home safe? Ahhh jinja? then your telling us there’s nothing between you and Director Choi!

 

Taeyeon: Sooyoung!!! Many question? Let us Tiffany speaks first. So what was that? (eyeing Tiffany)

 

Tiffany: Yah!!! (looking at them seriously) I really don’t know…I don’t give him my number and we never called each other before. I swear this is the first time (crossing her fingers)

 

Sooyoung: jinja? are you telling the truth or your trying to cover yourself again? (sit beside Tiffany)

 

Tiffany: I’m telling the truth no lies. I’m also shock of what he did.

 

Taeyeon: kyah…I think this is the start (laugh)

 

Tiffany: what start?

 

Sooyoung: (smile devily) neh I think your right taeng (wink. Fany…fany…Tiffany, I think this time I’m sure of what I’m saying. I think he likes you, so don’t waste it, not like you did last time.

 

Last year Tiffany met a guy named Jang Wooyoung. They dating each other for almost 4 months but Tiffany ended very soon, because she loves working than dating.

 

Taeyeon: True…

 

Tiffany: but guys were not dating or hanging out. I’m only working with him that’s all.

 

Sooyoung: ok…ok…to end this up. If you said. We will just wait for that luck man.