Abandondedx2

O̶n̶l̶y̶ One Love

"What are you two doing?!" Kris yelled in my direction. It was the first time he'd addressed me and it was because I was kissing his best friend in his living room.

"I'm so sorry!" I said, embarrassed at the situation. I got up from Donghae's lap to bow to Kris. I could hear Donghae get up from behind me. "Calm down." Kris shot him a cold look.  "Look I'm sorry." Donghae said, realizing that his previous choice of words was wrong. "Just get out." Kris pointed towards the front door. Both Donghae and I quickly scurried towards it, "Sorry dude, I'll call you later?" Kris just sighed and turned away.

"That was really embarrassing."
"Yeah, it's my fault, sorry."
"I guess." I looked down as we walked. "I don't even understand why he got so mad. He always acts like I'm invisible anyway." Donghae sighed. "Kris is hard to understand." He looked at me and smiled.

"Oh what's this? The dynamic duo isn't together?" Minho said, as we all sat eating lunch. He was sitting next to Yunho, and on the opposite side sat Kris who left a few feet of space between Donghae and I. "It looks like love got the best of their friendship." Yunho joked, but no one laughed. Instead Kris cleared his throat and walked away.

"Seriously, what happened?"
"I told you, love got between them."
"That's not true."
"Yes it is."
I followed Kris' lead and walked away from the arguing boys.
"See, you chased her off!"
"No, it's your fault."

I found Kris at his locker. "I'm sorry again...for yesterday." Kris slammed his locker shut, sending an echo throughout the empty hall. "Stop apologizing." I was in shock, I figured he'd just walk away like usual. "What?" He sighed.
"It's not you who I'm mad at."
"Is it Donghae?" He nodded. "Don't be! It's partly my fault! I knew we shouldn't have been doing that in your home."
"Don't defend him." Kris said sharply. "Please don't let me ruin your friendship."
"You didn't ruin it. It's okay." He gave me a reassuring smile. I don't know what happened to make him talk to me, but I felt happy.  "I guess we should go back then?" Kris asked. I nodded and we walked back towards our lunch area.

"You're back!" Yunho smiled. "Did you settle everything?" Minho asked curiously. I sat back down next to Donghae and Kris sat on my other side. "Are you okay?" Donghae whispered. I nodded and smiled. "We're all good."

After lunch Kris offered to walk me to my next class. "Really? Wow, uh okay" I was so surprised, before today he wouldn't even look at me, now he wants to walk me to class. "Here, I'll take that." Kris said, taking my school bag into his shoulder. "Wow, thanks." I said with a smile. Kris' behavior was really strange but I liked it. As we walked in silence I saw Donghae's face in the crowd of students. He stared right at me with a pained look. I felt like he wanted an apology, but I didn't see what I had done wrong. I gave him a warm smile and turned away.

"So, I'll pick you up after class" Kris said when we got to my destination. "Oh you don't need to, I usually walk with Donghae." I smiled, thinking about how he would pick me up and we'd walk to algebra together. My heart skipped a beat when I imagined his pearly white teeth shinning at me. Kris noticed my rosey look and rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He dropped my school bag and walked away. "What's his problem?" I mouthed to myself. He was being bipolar, one moment smiling at me and the other being an outright jerk. I shook my head, picked up my bag and walked into class.

"Hey Yi Lin, let's get going!" Donghae said holding out his hand. I smiled and nodded. I was glad that he was back to being cheerful. I didn't like the pain on his face before. "So, guess what?" I said as we walked. "Kris was being pretty nice today! He even walked me to class but then he just got mad. I don't know why. I'm just glad I have someone to bond with." When I finished yelling above the crowded hallway, Donghae stopped walking and turned towards me. "And you can't bond with me?" His face was pained again. "Of course I can, but Kris is different. We're both Chinese, it's easier to relate." Donghae sighed. "Of course. Listen, I have to go to my locker."
"Okay that's fine. I don't mind being late."
"No, just me. I don't want you to come"
"Oh. Okay." Donghae turned away from me, leaving me in the busy hall alone. I don't know what was up with both him and Kris but it was something and if I knew anything, I knew that I'd get to the bottom of it.