Kris' House

O̶n̶l̶y̶ One Love

"Wait up!" I yelled when I saw him walking down the road. He turned around in surprise. "Yi Lin? What are you doing?"
"Uh, I just wanted to spend some more time with you." I said in a half lie. He smiled widely, "Sounds good to me."

We continued to walk some more."Hotteok!" Donghae exclaimed as we approached a street vendor. "What's Hotteok?" I asked, unfamiliar with Korean foods. "It's only the best thing you'll ever taste!" I could tell from his enthusiasm that he really liked this food. "Here, I'll buy you some." He went into his pocket and pulled out the fattest wallet I've ever seen. He handed the vendor a few bills in exchange for the steaming hot pancake. "Open wide." He said, holding up the food.

I giggled shyly but opened with a loud "Ahhh!" He put the steaming hot Hotteok into my mouth and it burned me with a sizzle. I quickly spit it out and fanned my tongue. "What's wrong?" Donghae asked, putting his hand softly on my shoulder.

"It was steaming hot!" I whined. I kept my tongue out of my mouth, hoping that the crisp winter air would cool it. "I'm sorry. He said, now rubbing my shoulder. "I'll blow the next on off for you." Thanking the street vendor, Donghae motioned for us to move on.

After what felt like an eternity of laughing and joking with Donghae, his phone rang. It was Kris.

"Huh? Uh, okay. I'll be there soon." He said into the phone.
"What's wrong?" I asked. He told me that he had to stop by Kris's house. "Oh, well then I gues I'll go home." I said, slightly dissapointed. I was enjoying this one on one time with him and now that I was coming to an end, I felt a shimmer of sadness. "No!" He rushed to say. "I'm only going for a minute, then we can get back to...well whatever you'd call this."
"Are you sure? Don't let me stand in the way of your bro time." I murmmered, trying to make it seem like I didn't mind him going, when in all reality, I did. "I'm sure, we'll just go real quick."

Apparently Donghae had been over Kris' house enough to figure out where he kept his spare key. When we got there, Donghae reached into the mailbox, felt around and pulled out a small key. "I come here a lot, but he still won't give me my own." Donghae laughed while opening the door.

Kris' house was surprisingly small. As we passed through the kitchen and living room, I noticed how bare it was. The kitchen had only the basics, a refrigerator, stove, table and one lone counter top. The living room was just the same, a couch and TV were the only things to occupy the room.

"Wu Fan! I'm here!" Donghae yelled, echoing his voice throughout the empty house. "I'm in my room." I heard Kris yell.

Being the first time I heard his voice, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought he didn't talk because his voice was childishly high or ertidly low, but it was actually nice. It was on the deeper side and you could hear a slight accent when he spoke.

"Why's she here?" I heard Kris ask, snapping me out of my trance. "Oh, we were together so I figured she could come too. That's okay, right?" Donghae asked. Kris sighed and nodded. "I'm sorry for imposing." I said, bowing in politeness. Resuming cold hearted mode, Kris didnt answer. Instead he just waked back into his room and closer the door with a loud thud.

"Sorry about that, he's just shy around girls." Donghae said, trying to make me feel better. "Yeah, I guess so."

I followed Donghae around the house for a while as he looked for whatever he was getting. "Found it!" I heard him yell from inside the kitchen. "I knew I left it somewhere in here!" I followed his voice and saw him bent over the refrigerator. "We came all this way for food?!"
"No, for this!" He held up a video game case. "For a video game?!" He nodded. I thought he forgot something important, but a video game was everything but. "I thought it would be something important." I accidentally said out loud. Donghae frowned. "But this is!"
"It doesn't seem like it." He laughed. "Fine then, let's play."
"Here?"
"Sure, why not?" We walked into Kris' living room and I sat down while Donghae hooked up the game.

"You're cheating!" I said grabbing the controller from Donghae. "No, you just ." He said, taking it back. Just then he shot my player and  'you loose' covered my half of the screen. "Let me play first player!" I giggled reaching for his controller once more. He pulled away and fell into his back, with me sprawled over him.

I heard him gulp, but I couldn't, wouldn't move. I stared into his brown eyes and they slowly got closer. Before I knew it his lips were pressed against mine. I didn't want to stop, his lips were so soft.

"What the hell?!" I heard a voice yell. I pulled away from Donghae to see Kris standing in the doorway with furious eyes.