Something fishy

Unbreak My Heart

 

Sunny

It’s been days since we last talked to each other. We send each other text messages but whenever I try to open a topic, he would say that he’s busy or tired. Well, I’m tired of it. I understand that we are idols and we have our own responsibilities but isn’t I his responsibility, too? I make time for him even if my schedules are really tight.

“Sunny-ah, stop it.” I heard Sungmin’s voice said as his hand took away my glass.

“Shut it.” I said, grabbing my glass from him.

We are currently in a club open only for popular idols. It is my first time here but I asked Sungmin oppa to come with me. Us girls were always invited here but Taeyeon always declined. Now I know why. Everyone is drinking liquor. Electronic pop was playing on the dance floor. And many well-known people are ing around the perimeter.

“Sunny, it’s no use. You brought me here but we’re not even doing anything.”

“That’s just perfect, oppa! You’re just there, listening to me. Keep it up.”

“We’re not even talking. I just watch you.”

“Just. Shut. It. Okay?”

“Let’s go.”

“What?”

“Let’s dance.”

Sungmin oppa grabbed my wrist and he dragged me to the dance floor. Everyone in the dance floor is drunk. I am drunk, too, but I have high alcohol tolerance. I’m still sane though I can’t control myself anymore. I started dancing with Sungmin oppa. We danced until we get tired. We went back to our seats laughing. I must admit that Sungmin oppa is such a nice person. I wonder why I never liked him.

“That was really fun!” I shouted at him. Loud music was booming all over.

“I know, right?!” he praised himself. We both grabbed our glasses and he poured whiskey on mine. We toasted before we drank everything at once.

“Now, would you mind telling me the reason why you’re being like this?” Sungmin told me while I refill my drink. I looked at him. He looks like he’s not amused to see my drunkard side.

“He is a .” I told him.

“Who?”

“Stop it! I don’t want to think about him for now.”

“That’s why you called me?”

“Of course! You’re the best oppa in the world!” I smiled at him before drinking again.

“You know, Sunny. I am always here for you. You can always run to me for help. I love you, Sunny. I’ve been in love with you ever since I saw you for the first time.”

“The feeling is mutual oppa! I love myself, too!” I exclaimed. I was about to drink my newly refilled glass when I realized what I just said. Oh God, did I just said that to Sungmin oppa?

“You’re drunk now, Sunny.”

“Ask me anything. To prove that I’m still not drunk.”

“What am I to you?”

“Oh? Easy.” I smiled. “Sungmin sunbae. My best Chunji partner! You are my one and only Aegyo King. And that will never change.”

“That will never change?”

“Neh! You are and always will be my partner in crime. No more! No less!”

“How much do you love him?”

“Who? That pabo? I love him very, very, very much. I love him more that I love myself. I love him just as much as I love my parents! Wae?! Are you curious who I love the best? I love my five babies! I love them more than I love that pabo!” I must admit that I’m drunk now. that pabo forever.

“I think it’s time for you to go home now.”

“Waaait!” I took one last shot then I dug through my bag and checked my phone for the time. Still no new messages from him. you Kris. you for life. Just then, I got one new message. It’s from Hyomin. Ayo Sunny! Call me. Urgent. About your ing boyfriend. All so suddenly I became sober again. As if my nerves were alive again.

I hurriedly grabbed Sungmin oppa and we exited the club. I dialled Hyomin’s number as Sungmin oppa and I went to his car.

“Spill.”

“Jiyeon and I were shopping, then I thought I saw someone familiar, but it was supposed to be a different person. But I looked again and I saw him and her and oh my God, they just entered— Jiyeon, walk faster!”

“Hyomin where the are you? And who is it we’re talking about?”

“Cheongdam-dong. Oh she saw me. I’ll call you later. Bye.” Then she hung up.

“! Oppa! Drive to Gangnam. Now!

Sungmin oppa and I am both drunk, and I am ing aware of that. We drove through the high way at such a high speed we almost crash two times. Why isn’t Hyomin giving me updates? I cursed under my breath as I received a new message from Sooyoung telling me to go home now and that Taeyeon was looking for me already.

I quickly typed Sooyoung a message saying that I’ll be back within an hour. I get out of Sungmin’s car as I hurried my way through the district. I dialled Hyomin’s number but she’s not answering and my head is spinning and I feel like I’m gonna be sick.

“Sunny-ah!” Sungmin oppa called my name, but I can’t see him. Right now I wanted to cry because. Because I miss Kris so much. But we never had time together. And right now Hyomin just saw him with another woman. Ugh. my life.

By the time Sungmin oppa’s arms hugged me, tears are ready in my eyes to fall. I was bawling out everything to him. I was holding on to my phone, waiting for Hyomin’s presence as if my life depended on it.

Sungmin oppa cupped my face, brushing my tears away. He looked me straight in the eyes, “Sunny! Stop it! Let’s go now.”

“Hyomin—!”

“Where is she now?!”

“She would never lie to me.” I broke off his hold. I tried to turn around but he got a hold of me again.

“You love Kris, right?” His hands firmly placed on my shoulders.

“Of course! That is why I’m looking for him right now!”

“If you truly love him, you would trust him!”

“Why do you care so much?! I thought you loathed him!”

“I love you, Sunny. I care for you, not him. You’re drunk. Let’s go.”

His words made my tears fall again. We looked intently at each other’s eyes. Our staring contest was broken off by my phone. I immediately answered it.

“Hyomin!” I exclaimed.

“Sunny-ah… Mianhae… Sorry for taking your time. Turns out it wasn’t your boyfriend. Jiyeon and I are on our way home. You should rest, too. Bye.” Hyomin said.

“Arasseo… Bye.” I ended the call. Part of me was relieved. But a bigger part of me was disappointed, all of a sudden.

“Let’s go now.” Sungmin oppa took my hand and he led me to his passenger seat. My head is still spinning because of my drunkard self. I really don’t believe Hyomin’s words. I don’t believe that Kris is cheating on me. He would never do that, anyway. Somehow, I just wanted to see him. In person. I wanted to see how he’s doing. We are an official couple now. Known to every single person in Korea. But I don’t feel it. Our schedule is killing me. The contract we signed isn’t even starting yet.

I felt myself being carried from Sungmin oppa’s car. Tsk! He didn’t even wake me up but I didn’t try opening my eyes for a bit. I was too tired. Taeyeon helped removing my coat and setting me to the bed. Then I was dreaming. Kris was pressing a damp towel on my face. When he’s done, he kissed me on my forehead, and then he left. Then everything was black.

I woke up with my head aching so much. my alcohol tolerance. When I got out of the bedroom, Taeyeon, Seohyun, and Sooyoung were already eating breakfast, preparing for their own schedules. Fortunately, I am free for the day.

“Are we loud? Sorry!” Taeyeon patted my head as I sat beside her.

“Ani… My head hurts.” I said, as I fill the bowl Seohyun just placed before me with cereal. “Where are the others?”

“They already left. We didn’t bother waking you up because you don’t have schedule for the day.” Seohyun explained. Then she handed me an Advil.

“Thanks.” I muttered.

“Where were you last night? You’re so drunk!” Taeyeon with her leader tone again.

“Nightclubbing with Sungmin oppa…” I told her truthfully.

“Wae?”

“Nothing… Just problems…”

“What kind of problems, unnie?”

“Kris problems.” Taeyeon and Sooyoung laughed out loud.

“Wae?”

“Mianhae Sunny-ah! Why would you think that?” Taeyeon asked.

“Don’t overthink! It’s just… me…” I inhaled. “He’s just busy with his life and I am here thinking that he has somebody else or worse and some other stupid things.”

“Soonkyu-ah! Kris will never ever do that. He loves you, okay? Stop drinking around without me from now on.” Sooyoung said and I laughed.

“I know, I know…” then I continued eating my breakfast.

“Yah, Sunny-ah. Sooyoung and I will get going. Seohyun will be staying here with you, so don’t try to do anything foolish, arasseo? We might come home very, very late so just lock everything before you sleep. I made sure everyone brought their keys.”

“Arasseo~” I smiled at them and they left. I turned to Seohyun, “Good thing Manager oppa managed to vacate you schedule.”

“I’m really thankful for today!” She exclaimed as she sat beside me and ate her cereals. “Unnie, it’s been awhile. Do you want to have a quality time with maknae?”

“Yeah, sure. What do you want to do?”

“Let’s go to the mall!” She squealed. I just find her adorable.

“Okay. I’ll take a quick shower after this.” I told her.

“Thanks unnie! You’re the best!”

I took a quick shower right after Seohyun proceeded washing the dishes. I looked inside my wardrobe, and I realized, I haven’t been dressing up lately. I just randomly pick shirts and jeans out of them while my elegant dresses hung there ever so lifeless.

“Ugh, this is his fault…” I mumbled, but I guess Seohyun heard it because she entered the room.

“Who’s fault? You have a problem, unnie?”

“Oh? Nothing… Uhh… I don’t know what to wear.” I said.

“Let me see…” then she moved over to my wardrobe and browsed through my garments. I watched her pull out a navy blue one piece long-sleeved dress. “This is really pretty unnie! You should wear this!”

“Thanks.” Seohyun handed me the dress as she went out.

I looked through Taeyeon’s shoes and I found cream casual shoes that look good with the dress. I sighed as I smoothed out the fabric on my body. It’s been a while since I wore something like this. I find them girly and I think women wear them to make them look prettier.

I faced myself in the mirror after I finished my make-up. Seohyun was right. The dress is really pretty. And it suits me well. When I go out there, I hope Kris could see me. He would be totally wonder-stricken.

As if on cue, my phone rang. It was Kris, of course.

“Good morning, jagiya~” he said through the phone.

“Good morning!” I answered. “Jagi, are you free today?”

“Ani… We’re going to shoot the MV for today.”

“I see… Seohyun and I are going to the mall today. I bet fans would take pictures. Just look at them when you miss me.”

“Are you mad at me?”

“Of course not! I’m really happy that you’re making your comeback soon.”

“Sunny-ah, saranghae. I love you very much.” He said those words so sincerely that I can’t even make out the meaning behind it.

“I love you more.” I said, I feel tears forming in my eyes. It’s just so sad that every now and then our conversation would be like this. Discussing our careers, bidding each other good-byes and good lucks. And now, it seems like it’s the first time in the century that he said I love you.

“I miss you, Sunny.”

“I miss you more, Kris.” I said bitterly. I know what will be the next words he’s about to say.

“I should hang up now.”

“I know…” Just as expected. He hung up after that. He waited a bit, if I would hang up first. But it was him who’s in a hurry. So he hung up first.

Seohyun and I walked around the mall with our sunglasses on. Many people are looking at us. Surprisingly, no one tried to approach us. Seohyun and I later found out that Manager oppa sent bodyguards from SM.

“Now we look like executives with those bodyguards.” I whispered to Seohyun as we browse for clothes in a boutique.

“Yeah…” Seohyun said. I really think something was off with those bodyguards. They are so … My train of thoughts was broken when Seohyun gasped. She pulled out a shirt with an owl print from the clothing rack. “Unnie, can you take this to the cashier?” she asked.

“Yeah, sure.” I took the shirt and her money and I proceeded to the cashier. After the transaction, the cashier asked for an autograph which I happily granted. “Kamsahamnida!” I bowed to the cashier before going back to Seohyun.

“I told the body guards to stay 5 meters away from us.”

“Glad you did that! I think they are the creepiest bodyguards I ever encountered.” I told her. We both laughed.

“I’m hungry now. Let’s eat.”

“Okay…” Seohyun linked her arms to mine as we exited the boutique. We entered a Chinese restaurant. I took what she ordered because I don’t want to offend her if I took something unhealthy for her.

It was not a long time when our food was served. Eating Chinese food, all I can think of is Kris. Why does he have to bother me right now? He doesn’t even look Chinese to me.

“Unnie… I was just curious.” Seohyun suddenly spoke.

“Hmm?”

“We both know that Chinese people are strict when it comes to marriage, right? What if Kris’s parents… You know.”

“Our family is also strict when it comes to marriage, Seobaby.”

“But what if, let’s say you wanted to get married. You and Kris love each other, the invitations are out, but what if your parents or his parents don’t approve?”

“Hmm, my parents should be the first people to know before everything else. If my parents don’t approve because he’s Chinese, then I will ask Kris to take me away.”

“You mean elope? That’s crazy, unnie!”

“I know, right?! I’ll ask him to fly me to somewhere far, far, away.”

“Hahaha! You’re funny, unnie! But, what if it’s his parents who doesn’t approve of you because you’re Korean?”

“That will be Kris’s decision then… Whatever his decision will be, I’m fine with it. Tell me, why are you asking me this? Did some Chinense guy proposed to my Seobaby?

“Oh? Ani… It’s just came up my mind suddenly.”

“Speaking of marriage, what your wedding day will be like? I already know Sooyoung’s because she always talk about getting married…” I smiled at the thought. She always wanted to get married. And she said that she will be my wedding planner when the time comes.

“I’m not really sure… I haven’t had thoughts about getting married yet. How about you?”

“Hmm… I never wanted anything grand. Just a simple wedding would do. With our family and friends… Without the media butting in of course…”

“Unnie, what if Kris suddenly appeared here and asked your hand in marriage, would you say yes?”

“I don’t know…”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you know I’ve been missing him a lot lately. I don’t know, if I’ll say no because he made me so mad right now, or say yes, because my feelings are overflowing for him that I might agree at once to everything he says. I don’t know…”

“You really miss him that much?”

“Don’t you miss Yonghwa?”

“Unnie!”

“What? I saw the way he looked at you. He really likes you, baby.”

“Unnie stop it!”

“Enough about me! What about you?”

 

Kris

“So, how’s it going?” Taeyeon and Sooyoung entered the dorm. Lay welcomed them in, and they joined us in the table.

“Everything’s going according to plan. Seohyun is doing well.” Yoona said.

“I’m really sorry last night. We’re almost caught.” Sooyoung said.

“It’s fine. At least Hyomin would be helping us, too.”

“What happened?” Xiumin asked.

“Sooyoung and I were looking for the perfect gown last night. Hyomin noona was furious, but she understood right away.” I told him.

“What will be the initiating event then?” Taeyeon asked.

“Well, we were thinking about signing a contract with a company for commercial purposes, then that’s it.”

“It has to be very sudden. Like she’s in the middle of a schedule but Manager oppa comes in telling that she has to shoot for a CF in Jeju in thirty minutes.” Jessica said.

“Wait, wait, guys. Seohyun noona is starting again…” Xiumin said and we all gathered around the walkie-talkie. Suho was pretending to be their bodyguard.

Unnie, actually I was invited to a wedding of my friend. But I don’t have anything to wear. Will you help me find something? It was Seohyun.

Sure. Did she tell you any particular color? It was Sunny.

No. But I was thinking of white. Seoyhun said.

Then let’s go to a wedding dress boutique. Sunny said.

“Who’s following them?”

“Suho-sshi and Baekhyun-sshi.” Tiffany said.

Unnie, if you’re getting married, what kind of dress do you want? We heard Seohyun

Anything good. Sunny’s voice said.

“She’s dropping the topic.”

“Did she found out?”

“Ani… She’s always like that.”

“Anything good is okay for her?”

“Of course not! See? They are laughing.”

 


 

Hi guys! I hope you liked the chapter!~ Can you guess what are they up to? :) Hehehe~ I guess that will be the last Kris POV we'll have (as far as I can imagine) Btw, I've been into doing graphics lately. They're so addicting huhuhu T.T Also, there are so many ideas in my mind right now, (like new fanfic plots) that's why I had a hard time updating lately. oh well, this should be ending soon!

 

  

*open image in new tab for larger

they are not good for posters because of the other texts i put and the quality is bad. *A* for now let's just hope these pictures were real. lolol if (ever) taking, kindly inform me first :)