He breaks her heart

Unbreak My Heart

 

I was really happy when they said that I will be in EXO-K. That means that I am not obliged to go to China. It also means that I may spend every single day of my life here in South Korea. And it is a big deal for me. Because I can be with my Soonkyu during our free time.

Our managers called us. He said that Lee Soo Man wanted to watch the two groups dance to History. We went there on time. We waited for Lee Soo Man to watch us.

“I wanted to see EXO-M perform first.” He said and the rest of EXO-K sat down. After EXO-M performed, it’s EXO-K’s turn. When it’s my turn, I saw him squinted my eyes to me. He checked the papers he’s holding.

“Kris Wu. Stand up.” He said after our song finished. I stood up. “What is your nationality?”

“I am Canadian-Chinese, sir.”

“Then what are you doing in EXO-K? You should be in EXO-M.” he said. And I felt my heart shattered into pieces. “Plus, there should be six members in each. Redo History, I will take a look again next week. Then you will debut.” He said before leaving.

We were getting back to the dorm when my manager talked to me.

“Lee Soo Man wants to see you, Kris.” He said.

“Waeyo?”

“He didn’t tell. But I can say that you’re getting on his bones for some reason.”

I immediately went to LSM’s office. When I got there, he was working something on his tablet. He gave me a smile as soon as he saw me.

“Kris Wu. Take a seat.” He said and I took a seat in front of him. “You don’t mind if we talk a bit, do you?”

“No, sir.”

“Good. I wanted to show you a video.” He said. He gave me the tablet he’s holding. “Watch it.”

It’s my mom.

“Hi Kris! I heard that you’ll be debuting soon. I am really happy for you. You are just a few steps closer to your dreams. I want you to work harder in the following days to come. Don’t do things that will bring you down. If you have problems, remember that I am always by your side. I love you, my son! Make your mommy proud, okay?”

Tears are already forming in my eyes.

“Kris, you’ve been training for what? 4 years? We both know that your mom is looking forward to see you in the stage.” He said.

“What do you want, sir?” I asked.

“SM Entertainment is the best company here in the country. To become the best, we have our Standard Operating Procedures. I know that you knew of this while training.”

“Yes, sir. It’s part of the training.”

“Now. I know that you and my niece are dating on your free will. We both know that dating isn’t allowed inside SM Entertainment, Kris.”

He said. He waited for an answer. But I have nothing to say.

“I want you to break up with her. For the sake of the both of you. Picture this. Sunny has been in the music industry for four years. She is a member of Girls’ Generation. If the fans will find out about this, what will be the headlines? Sunny dating a rookie? There will be blasphemy.”

“I can’t break up with her. I love her.”

“If you truly love her, you will do what is the best for her.” He said.

“We’ll make it through against all odds.”

“You’re being selfish now, Kris. Think about your Mom. Think about Sunny. Think about it. You may now go.”

That night I cried at the balcony. All they knew was that I wanted fresh air. Only Tao knew that I cried. They said that we’re going to debut. But why is it so hard? For years I have been working hard. But right now, why does it felt that I wanted to quit this? Is this how one feels before they succeed?

“Gege, it’s all right. EXO-M is happy to have you.” Tao’s words hurt me. I am too selfish to only think about myself. On the brighter side, I am with my fellow Chinese members. Unlike Xiumin and Chen, who were always mistaken for being Chinese. Maybe Lee Soo Man is right. Maybe I had to focus on my career first. I am still a rookie after all. “We’ll be having dinner outside. You wanna come?”

I ruffled his hair. He’s been my younger brother and I adore this boy. “I will follow in a little.” I said and he left me.

I was about to dial her number when my screen showed her caller ID. She must’ve felt me. I wanted to answer it. But recalling Lee Soo Man’s words… I took a deep breath before answering the phone.

“Soonkyu.” I said.

“Yah! Wu Fan! Were you crying?” her voice sounded through the phone.

“Aniyo…”

“Is there something wrong?”

“We should break up.”

There was a moment of silence.

“Don’t joke around, Kris.”

I didn’t answer.

“Kris, did uncle talked to you about this?” she asked. I can hear the pain in her voice.

“Aniyo… I just thought. Maybe. It’s the best.”

Silence.

“Kris, please don’t do this.” I can feel she’s started tearing up.

“I’m sorry, Sunny sunbae. We can’t be together.”

“Kris, I love you! Nothing can break us apart."

“I’m sorry.” I ended the call.

I went to my room crying. I slumped myself on my bed.

“You shouldn’t have done that.” I head Luhan’s voice.

“You heard everything?” I asked.

“Everything.” He confirmed.

 

a/n: yeah, I know, short painful heartbreaking chapter. ;~;