JIYOUNG

KARA FACT

 

  1. Aegyo is Jiyoung’s instinct. When feeling sad, Gyuri often asks Jiyoung to do aegyo. Hara also said that she couldn’t resist Jing’s aegyo, and she had to immediately go buy the stuffs that Jing wanted whenever Jing used her aegyo voice to coddle with Hara.
  2. Jiyoung does not care about appearance, but her ideal model boyfriend must be an active guy who can make her smile happily and feel comfortable to be with.
  3. But Jiyoung’s dad wants the son-in-law to be handsome like SS501 Kim Hyunjoong or Super Junior Choi Shiwon. He said he wanted to maintain good genetic lineages.
  4. Psychologist said that Jiyoung was childish and carefree. Because Jiyoung is the maknae at home, and also the maknae in KARA, she often feels like she is the little kid. Plus she is always indulged by her unnies and adults so her character is always thought to be impartial and spontaneous. However, Jiyoung in fact has lots of similarities with Hara.
  5. Jiyoung is studying guitar and piano. She even cut her nails short to be able to learn well.
  6. Jiyoung entered high school later than her classmates and doesn’t go to school regularly, so she almost has no friend in school now.
  7. Jiyoung’s father often calls Seungyeon, asking her to remind Jiyoung about her study.
  8. Jiyoung used to attend 2007 Dream Concert and cheer for DBSG. However, later on she was best known as a hardcore fangirl of Big Bang’s Dae Sung.
  9. At the same time, N.S Yoonji (DSP’s former trainee) introduced her cousin – Jiyoung – to take audition and she was chosen to replace Hyunji at the last minute.
  10. Jiyoung was shocked on her first encounter with Nicole. To Jiyoung, KARA girls had been always so innocent and pure but the first time Jiyoung saw Nicole, she saw Nicole in super duper shorts with singlet and high-heels.
  11. Jiyoung’s family was in Paju but have moved to Seoul to take care of her easier. Sometimes when Jiyoung is too tired to go home by herself, even if it is 4 in the morning, Jiyoung’s dad will ride there to pick her up.
  12. With dance, every member has their own idea of concept for Mister such as police, mariner or firefighter. In the ending, Jiyoung’s “building workman” concept was chosen because it fixed the dance the most.
  13. Jiyoung always want Hara to be her blood sister since Hara always takes good care of Jiyoung. Especially when KARA go abroad, Hara always waits for Jiyoung whenever they need to go somewhere; even when they go for dinner, Hara also never forget to wait for Jiyoung.
  14. Jiyoung’s father was born in 1957 but he still looks youthful and lively. He usually calls KARA girls as nicknames used by Kamilia, such as Gyul, and use a lot of emotion like ㅋㅋㅋ.
  15. Jiyoung thinks that her hands are really big and is really embarrassed by it.
  16. At home, Jiyoung frequently fought with her sisters, especially with her Jisoo unnie. Therefore, when she first joined KARA, she worried about having those conflict again with the KARA members. Before moving into KARA’s dorm, she said to her mother, “If the unnies scold me, I’ll call and cry to you.” However, it turned out that her unnies were really nice and no one scolded Jiyoung. Jiyoung feels really lucky about this.
  17. N.S. Yoonji spoke of Jiyoung as a nice and obedient kid. When KARA have no schedules, Jiyoung sometimes drops by Yoonji’s house and stays over for a few days. The two of them stay up all night and talk.
  18. When Jiyoung was little, she usually stayed at home and played with her sisters because their parents were too busy to take all of them out.
  19. Jiyoung wanted to be a designer, but she kept changing her mind. Finally, she decided to become a gasoo.
  20. When Jiyoung feels sleepy, she slaps herself to stay awake.
  21. Jiyoung often makes all sorts of noises when she sleeps. She snores, grinds her teeth and talks in her sleep. When Jiyoung is in deep sleep, she can be found sleeping with her eyes open. Hara and Jiyoung shared a bunk bed, in their previous dorm, with Hara on the bottom and Jiyoung on the top. Hara told that sometimes when she was really tired but could not fall asleep due to Jiyoung’s loud snores, she would kick Jiyoung’s bed above her. Jiyoung would quiet for a few minutes but would soon continue snoring. Jiyoung did not know of her sleeping habits. So when her sleeping habits were revealed, she got really embarrassed.
  22. Jiyoung used to have 3 rabbits at her house. However, all three of them suddenly died without any clear reason. Jiyoung pity burying them down in her apartment area.
  23. Jiyoung currently have 2 puppies named Jisook and Myungsoo at her parents’ house. Whenever KARA has break, Jiyoung always goes home to play with them and walk them around.