HARA

KARA FACT

 

  • Auditioned for SME and JYPE
  • Attended Kwanjoo Academy of Music (with Big Bang’s Seungri and 2NE1’s Minzi)
  • She is from “Kwangju” the same hometown as Seungri and Sunmi
  • Has known Sunmi ever since from a young age
  • She is very competitive
  • Has postponed schooling to concentrate on Kara
  • According to members, she eats the most but does not seem to ever gain weight
  • Fans call her “Koala” because the pronunciation is very similar to her name
  • Is called “Honey” because her surname is very similar in pronunciation to “Honey” on korean, “Ggul”
  • Participated in track & field in Elementry school
  • Top 3 idols she’d like to date: Taecyeon, Junho, & Jokwon.
  • Modeled for a text book
  • Because of Invincible Youth, she became known as a Gag Idol
  • In charge of “coolness” and “Face of the group/Main Visual” in KARA 
  • She loves horror/scary movies.
  • A fan of BOF(Boys Over Flowers)/HanaYoriDango*.
  • Pink is her favorite color.
  • Loves sleeping.
  • Her audition song: Hyeryung - Fool
  • Running is one of her talents.
  • Loves Dancing.
  • Admires Hyori and In Sooni.
  • Watches J-dramas.
  • After Hyuna left the show, she became the maknae on IY.
  • She has a biting(nails?) habit.
  • She’s currently learning how to play the guitar.
  • Loves to travel.
  • Member that she considers as lover, Nicole.(japan interview)
  • Loves eating healthy.
  • Things that she carries around with her all the time: Handphone, MP3, Camera, Hand cream, Perfume, Mirror, Wallet.
  • She received her final acceptance and will attend Sungshin Women’s University where she plans to major on media-film acting.
  • Staring on March `11, she will live on campus.
  • Her favorite dishes are: Korean dishes, Kimchi jjigae, Rice, Meat
  • Hara is a very thrifty and neat person. Hara often grumbles at other members when they have food left over or leave stuffs around messily. Therefore, KARA often calls Hara “ajumma”.
  • Hara always says that she doesn’t have an ideal model boyfriend but Hara once said that she likes person who always gives her attention and care for her. Hara likes someone who calls her everyday to ask if she had eaten yet? How her day was like?…
  • Hara’s first love was with her dance teacher at the academy. However, Hara found out that he had a girlfriend so she initiatively abandoned the feeling.
  • Hara studied drums in a week and intends to learn more in the future if there is time.
  • Hara’s father taught Hara English when she was young. But this kid didn’t bother to learn or do the exercise. He didn’t say anything at first, but later on when pending exercise grew too much and Hara still didn’t care about it, he used a wooden sword to hit her hands for hundreds of time as punishment.
  • Hara was so popular among male sunbaenim (seniors) in school but hated and bullied by female sunbaenim (seniors), due to their jealousy. They once got her to fold up her body for almost an hour. Now Hara has postponed her study to concentrate on her career.
  • Hara has never had an idol in the past.
  • Hara had audition at SM and JYP before she officially became trainee under DSP.
  • Hara was brought up by her grandmother. She said she rarely talked to her father because he was always busy. On every mention of her family, the first one Hara thinks of is her grandmother. Hara’s mother’s still remaining a mystery up until now.
  • Hara has low blood pressure and her body is pretty weak. When Hara was young, she often had nosebleed and fainted on heavy practice. Even during Rock U promotion, she fainted many times.
  • Hara gets stomachache very often. Jiyoung said that while eating, Hara often suddently turned to Jiyoung and said “Jiyoung-ah, unnie’s stomach is hurting so bad”.
  • In Hara’s 2010 birthday, her family members sent their hand-written letters and cards to wish her a happy birthday.
  • Hara is really straightforward. Hara says whatever she thinks and sometimes she is misunderstood as arrogant. Jiyoung thinks Hara is cool because of her straightforwardness. The maknae shares this trait with her Hara unnie.
  • Hara always keeps a letter from her most beloved aunt in her wallet. She values this letter a lot and Hara uses it as her life guide.
  • Hara has 4 close aunts, 10 younger cousins and numbers of older cousins. She calls her female older cousins “noona” LMAO.
  • When she was younger, Hara was teased often because of her unique name.
  • If Hara had not become a singer, she would have wanted to be a flight attendant. However, Hara was not tall enough to be a flight attendant so she gave up it up.