Chapter 3

Fate That Falls

Today's a nice day.
I decided I would take a walk around the park, bringing my camera with me. I like to take a few shots during my spare time.
I got went to take a shower and got dressed as I dug for my camera in my drawer.
"Hey Mom?"
No answer.
"Dad?"
No answer.
I sighed and ran downstairs, seeing a note on the kitchen counter.

 

Luhan,
   Sorry we didn't wake you to say goodbye, but your father and I had to catch our plane to China. Your grandfather is in the hospital and we needed to visit him. We will be staying in China for a month or so.
    I know it will be so stressful for you to miss classes in Korea, so we didn't tell you. I left you money in your bank account, so don't just waste it all on clothes okay?

  I'll send your regards to the family.

                                           Love, 
                                               Mum and Dad


P.S.
  If you're looking for your camera, it's on your bottom left drawer.

 

I sighed, I wanted to go. 
I looked around the house as a smile crept upon my lips. Well, I guess I have the house all to myself for a month.

The breeze blew through my hair as I sat down comfortably on the grass, underneath a big tree in the nearby park. I leaned on the trunk as I pulled out my beats and my camera.
There were little kids running around in the playground, parents chatting on the bench while keeping an eye on their children. 
I held up my camera as I took a shot of the scene. 
I packed up my camera, feeling a little sleepy from the slightly cold breeze.

 


I was taking a walk in the park with an ice cream in my hand as I watched the little kids run around in the playground.
Hyunjae was at work and I was just making time pass before I could go to his workplace. He promised me he'd take me out today.
I suddenly spotted a familiar figure in the shade under my favourite spot. Luhan?
I smiled and walked up to him; he was sleeping.
I bent down a little as I examined his face. He looked like an angel. Peaceful and serene.
I never took notice how handsome he was. Maybe because Hyunjae was around all the time, and he was the only guy I noticed.

His eyes suddenly fluttered open. 
My eyes widened as I stood up straight and coughed. "Sorry-"
He stared at me for a while and down his lap.
My eyes followed; I just dropped my ice cream on him.
"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry Luhan! I was just watching you sleep- I mean, no, I was- You looked so peaceful and I didn't- I'll buy you a new pair of pants-"
He suddenly chuckled, "It's okay Jiwon,"
"No I'm really sorry, it's not okay, I'm-"
"Mind giving me your napkin then?" He smiled as his eyebrows curled.
I handed him my napkin without saying a word. He took it and brushed off the big clump of ice cream on his lap.
"See? All better!"

I sat down beside Luhan without saying a word. He continued fiddling with his camera, not minding my 'awkward' presence.
"Hey, I'm really sor-"
"Stop. I told you it's not a big deal," He looked and smiled at me geniunely.
I smiled and nodded, "But let me make it up to you,"
"No, Kang Jiwon, I said it's fine-"
"I will make it up to you, your argument is invalid,"
"But-"
"Yah."
"Ok"
We both looked at each other and chuckled. I diverted my eyes from his as I checked my watch. I was already 25 minutes late from meeting Hyunjae.
"I'm sorry Luhan, I have to go now! I'm late-"
"Where are you going? I'll go with you," He called out.
"No, it's alright! Bye!" I turned and waved at him as I caught a quick sight of him waving back.

 


Author's Note:
Please comment and subscribe? ^^