Chapter 2

Fate That Falls

A month and a half later..

"Guess who?" I familiar voice asked as a pair of hands covered my eyes. I chuckled, "Shin Hyunjae?"
I pulled the hands away from my eyes and turned around, seeing my boyfriend holding up a bouquet of white daisies. "Happy Birthday Jiwon! Saranghae~"
I smiled and hugged him, "Thank you Jae,"

As I held the daisies while walking down the hall, a couple of the people I know would greet me and some would even hug me. 
"It's your birthday?" We were stopped by a blonde guy who was now standing in front Hyunjae and I.
"Yeah," I replied.
"Happy Birthday..?"
"Kang Jiwon." 
"Happy Birthday, Kang Jiwon," He smiled at me as our eyes locked. I smiled back, "Thank you..?" I couldn't quite remember who he was, but I do remember his face.
"Luhan." He replied back.
"Thank you, Luhan-sshi."
Awkward silence filled the atmosphere as neither of us said anything else. 
..saved by Hyunjae.
"Let's go? We don't wanna be late for class." He grabbed my wrist as he nodded at Luhan. He dragged me away from Luhan who continued smiling and waved at me, "Happy Birthday again, Kang Jiwon!" He yelled out across the hall. Making be break out into a tiny smile.

"Wow that was random," I chuckled as I put down my flowers on my table and sat down comfortably on my chair.
"What was, birthday girl?" Joonmyun sat beside Hyunjae who was in front of me. "Luhan greeted her." Hyunjae spoke.
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BESTEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!" An angelic voice sang..more like yelled as he entered.
"YAH. Kim Jongdae, she's MY best friend, don't steal!" Minji pushed him away as she ran to my desk and hugged me, "Happy Birthday hun~ Love you!"
I giggled, "Thank you Min!" She proceeded to her seat, which was beside Joonmyun. "Sup babe~" He teased. 
In a matter of minutes, I was squished by a tight embrace from Jongdae. "My baby is all grown up!" He pretended to cry but was soon enough pulled away by Hyunjae.
"Okay, too long."
"Yah, she's already your girlfriend. Don't be greedy! Remember I helped you capture her heart you poop!" Jongdae stuck his tongue out and sat on his chair beside mine.
"Saengil chukha hamnida~ Saengil chukha hamnida~ Saranghaneun uri Jiwon! Saengil chukha hamnida~" Yerim and Hyunwoo sang in unison as they both enveloped me in a hug. "Happy Birthday lovely girl~" Yerim pinched my cheek.
"Oh yeah, we're all going to the Nam Cafe after school alright?" Hyunwoo asked as he plopped down on the sit.
"YEAAH~"

 


"Why are we going to that cafe?" I asked Tao.
"..Because it has panda buns! PANDA BUNS!" He yelled excitely.
"Buns? Where?!" Xiumin entered the conversation he hung his arm around me.
"Well apparently, we're all going to the Nam Cafe later after school.." I sighed. "You guys know I don't like that cafe.." I mumbled.
"Why? Because of Seorin?" Kris teased, "Man, that girl is seriously crazy."
"Exactly! So can we NOT go?" I begged Tao, but he suddenly stared at me, his hands slowly travelling up to his cheeks. "No. Don't-"
"Bbuing bbuing?" 
"Curse you." I mumbled and walked towards my seat.
"To the Nam Cafe!" They all jumped excitedly except for Kris who scoffed at their childishness and sat beside me. 

"Where's Yixing? I thought he'll come?" I asked as I tucked my hands in my pockets walking along with Kris, Tao and Xiumin. Yixing went to another school just a few blocks away from ours.
"He said it's his 1 year anniversary with Huiyan, so he can't come," Kris replied.
"Oh."


We talked about random stuff when we heard a bunch of loud voices. 
"Geez. I hate loud-" I stopped midsentence when I caught sight of Kang Jiwon and her friends.
They entered the Nam Cafe and I felt my heart stop.
"Hey Luhan. Jiwon is here!" Xiumin pointed at their group as he pulled me, "Come on!"
"Jiwon? Who's that?" Tao and Kris asked as they followed us.

We entered the cafe and only heard their voices, since it was just us, and them. 
"Luhan oppa!" Seorin ran and hugged me.
"Uh. Hi."
"What do you guys want to order?" She asked she hugged my arm. I tried to pry her hands away but she's stuck like glue.
"4 bubble teas, 3 fruitella crepes and 5 panda buns!" Tao ordered.
"Yah-"
"Don't worry. I'll pay!" He added and stood in front of the counter.
"Don't you have a job to get to?" I asked Seorin as nice as possible. 
"But I want to stay with-"
"It's your job. Just go do it." Kris said coldly, scaring Seorin as she ran back behind the counter.

I looked over at the far end as I saw Jiwon's friends singing her a happy birthday, with a small boston cream cake in the middle of their cake. She blew the candle and clapped, "Thank you!"
I walked over and sat down in a table near theirs.
"Shin Hyunjae! Kiss your girlfriend a happy birthday!" They all chanted.
What? She has a boyfriend?
The guy with a dark brown hair smiled sheepishly and leaned forward as he planted a small kiss on Kang Jiwon.
I felt my heart drop. To think I had even just a tiny chance.
"Fooood!" Tao ran and placed the plates on the table as the other guys followed with other plates and the bubble tea in their hands.
"So? Who's this Jiwon were you mentio-"
"Shut up Kris. She's over there, she might hear you.." I mumbled.
"Luhan, you should go talk to Jiwon. It's her birthday, and from the looks of it, it's fate that you saw her again!" Xiumin whispered as she nudged me.
"There's no such thing as fate," I replied as I drank my bubble tea.

"...I'm going to the washroom." I took a quick glance at Kang Jiwon's table, I can't handle seeing them together. 

I went out of the washroom bumping into someone. 
I looked down and saw Kang Jiwon.
"Luhan-sshi right?" She smiled, her eyes turning into crescents.
"Ne. Good to see you here, Kang Jiwon!"
She giggled, "Same here. Well, I'm going to go now, I'll see you aro-"
"Wait." 
She looked at me, waiting for me to say something. What did I just do? I didn't know what to say. I just didn't want her to go.
"Uh..can I have your number?" I asked as I rubbed the back of my head. "Just as friends. We can be friends right?" I added quickly before she would say 'I have a boyfriend, so you can't have my number' and all that.
She smiled and nodded as she pulled out her phone and handed it to me, "Sure."
I unlocked her phone and the first thing I caught was a selca of her and her boyfriend as her wallpaper.
"Your boyfriend?" I asked trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.
"Yeah."
I quickly punched in my number in her phone and called mine, saving her number.
"Well, Luhan-sshi.."
"No formalities? We're friends now right?" I chuckled.
"Alright. Luhan. Well, I'll see you around? The other guys are waiting for me." She waved quickly and ran down the short hallway.
"Yeah. See you..Kang Jiwon.." I whispered.
I looked down on my phone, staring at my wallpaper.
It was a girl whose back was facing the screen. Her hair in a messy bun with strands tangled messily. Her oversized gym shirt draping on her small body.
Yeah, it was Kang Jiwon.
A month and a half has passed since I took notice of her.
A month and a half has passed since I couldn't get her off my mind.
A month and a half has passed since I fell for her.

 

 

 

 

A month and a half has passed and I still don't believe in fate.
 


Author's Note:
**So just pretend Luhan, Xiumin, Kris and Tao are all in the same age! (High school seniors)
Please feel free to comment and subscribe!^^