Chapter 1

Fate That Falls

"...Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart,"

I read the quote of Marcus Aurelius aloud in front of the class as some stared in awe, while others just dozed off.
"Fate...is..destiny?" I questioned. I continued on going on about what fate is to me.
As soon as I finished, I bowed quickly and scurried back to my seat as I inhaled and exhaled silently to myself.
It was English class and we were to present a quote or some kind of saying and explain to the class what it meant.
I lied.

..Fate. To me, fate is nonsense. You can't be destined with someone. You choose your path in life, but there's never a planned ending for you.
Red strings of fate? Bull.

"Luhan oppa, your quote was really inspiring," The girl beside me smiled sweetly as she batted her eyelashes. I forced a smiled and nodded.
She slightly pouted as soon as I turned my attention away from her and focused my attention somewhere else.
Like the gym class playing footy just outside the classroom.

I placed my chin on my hand, looking out the window. It's a beautiful day outside, why am I in here?
I sighed quietly, looking over to the far end of the field, where a girl was sitting on the grass. I locked my attention on just her.
I saw her head moving and looking over to which direction the person handling the ball was. She suddenly stood up and ran to her position. I felt as if the world was suddenly set on slow motion as I watched her smiling and laughing as she tried stealing the ball away from her opponent.
She gave up after knowing she couldn't beat him. 
I smiled to myself. How come I've never seen her around school? or maybe, I was just too occupied by other things that I didn't even notice she existed.

Her hair was up in a loose bun with strands of hair just sticking out messily. Her complexion wasn't as pale as the other girls, which made me notice her even more. I could say it was rare finding a girl who's not pale as snow, which I guess, had drawn me more to her.
Her oversized gym shirt was hanging loosely on her small body.
Why am I so drawn to this girl whom I have never even seen or noticed before?

"Luhan-sshi."
I suddenly looked away from the window, finally noticing that everyone's had their eyes on me.
"Ne, songsaengnim?"
"Please pay attention to other people's presentations. They were all attentive enough when you had presented yours, so please be considerate and turn away from the window,"
I nodded as the student continued on with her presentation.

I quickly glanced at the window one more time, having one last look at that girl.

 


"Jiwon-ah!"
I looked back and saw Hyunjae running to me with his tube bag hanging over his shoulders.
"What do you want Jae?" I chuckled as I pulled my scrunchie off and let my hair fall over my back. I gathered them all up and started braiding them from my side.
"So I was wondering if you'd want to hang with the guys and I later tonight?"
"Sure, but what's the plan?" I asked curiously as I continued fiddling with my hair.
"Just catching the new action movie. I forgot..what it's called.." He scratched the back of his neck as he looked down at me, "So you up?"
"Sure," I smiled as I flipped my braided ponytail back letting it rest down.

 

"You're so obnoxious!" I laughed as I clutched my stomach and lightly smacked the table. Hyunjae, Hyunwoo, Jongdae, Joonmyun, Yerim and I were eating lunch in the cafeteria, and as usual, Jongdae was being an obnoxious pig.
"Dude, where's your manners?" Hyunwoo looked at him disgustedly as Jongdae continued wiggling his eyebrows, with a fry stuck up his nose.
"Jongdae you're so gross," Yerim gagged and looked away as she moved her tray away from Jongdae who took the fry out his nose and wiggling it in front of her.
"YAH! Jongdae don't hold your booger fry up my girlfriend's face!" Hyunwoo smacked his head as he squeezed in beside Yerim and Jongdae.
Joonmyun, Hyunjae and I were laughing uncontrollably until Joonmyun's girlfriend, Minji came. 
"Sup Min~" We chanted in unison as Minji stood beside Joonmyun placing her hand on his shoulders.
"Sup guys. Is it alright if I take Joonmyun away from you guys for a while?"

"Ooo~ Joon's in trouble eh?" Jongdae teased.
"Yes. We need to talk about important business involving another girl," Minji played along, but Jongdae couldn't catch up fast enough.
We all chuckled but was soon cut off by Jongdae, "WHAT!? YAH JOON YOU CHEATED ON-"
"Jongdae.."
He turned and looked at me, "What!?"
"Min was just kidding,"
"Oh.."

It wasn't a while till Joonmyun, Minji, Hyunwoo and Yerim left, leaving only Jongdae, Hyunjae and I alone.
"Luhan keeps looking at you," Jongdae whispered to me as we three simultaneously looked over at the table at the end of the cafeteria.
A blonde Chinese exchange student suddenly flinched and looked away as he played with is food.
"Which one is he?" I asked as I scanned their table. There was a tall skinny guy with black hair leather jacket who looked like a panda, a short chubby kid who looks like a bun, another tall skinny guy but with a brownish hair and then the blonde kid.
"The blonde one," Hyunjae answered as he looked away and ate his food.
I could've sworn I heard Hyunjae mumble something but I couldn't quite make out the words.

"Never seen him before," I looked back at their table for a quick glance and then back to Jongdae.
"We're in a large school. It's unlikely that we even encounter them in the hallway and actually remember their faces," Hyunjae added with his monotone voice; yep, he has something on his mind.

"You're all monotone-y, what's eating your brain up now?" Jongdae stuffed his last piece of kimbap in his mouth as his eyes suddenly widened, "Are you jeal-"
"Shut up." Hyunjae quickly cut him off.

I chuckled and patted Hyunjae's arm, "On your period today?"
He glared at me, "Aish, you.."
I chuckled, "Just kidding,"
I looked over at the blonde kid once again, but this time, he suddenly looked up. Our eyes locked and in that moment, I felt strange.

 


So...how was the first chapter? :)
I'll probably only be able to update during weekends due to school, but I'll try to update asap. 
Please feel free to comment and subscribe!^^