5`

What If...

Yeonji walked back into the living room to find Daehyun awake and seated with his back bent over on the sofa. Silently, she sneaked to the back of him and hugged his neck. As she was about to ask what was he watching, her face paled when she saw the silver device gripped tightly between his hands, and the camcorder connected to the television. He must have found out…

All of a sudden, Daehyun grabbed Yeonji’s wrist that was around his neck and spun himself around. Now they were face-to-face. Daehyun seated on the sofa, Yeonji standing behind the sofa.

“Mind explaining what I just watched and heard?” Daehyun stuttered, tears threatening to fall out of his eyes.

Yeonji tried shrugging Daehyun’s hand away, “There’s…nothing to explain,” but his grip was too strong.

“Nothing?” Daehyun could feel himself boiling up with anger. His jaw tightened, and Yeonji could feel him tightening his grip on her. It was starting to hurt.

“Are you saying that, after all that we had, you’re just gonna leave and it’s nothing?”

Yeonji was on the verge of tears, leaving him was not her choice, it was not her choice at all, but it was still inevitable, and he was not supposed to know about anything. She was supposed to just leave him quietly.

“Ah…it…hurts,” she groaned in pain.

Daehyun’s expression softened and immediately he let go of her hand, “Sorry.”

“Can you please tell me the reason why you’re leaving,” Daehyun pleaded with her.

She avoided eye contact with him, pretending to be concerned about the injured hand, by rubbing it constantly. Daehyun sighed, knowing that this was gonna be difficult.

He took her arm towards him to examine it, “I’m sorry. I…was just too agitated just now,” he apologized. “Come, let’s get some ointment for this.”

He stood up, and pulled Yeonji to the kitchen.

Once they stepped into the kitchen, Daehyun carried Yeonji up and seated her on the kitchen counter. He turned around and searched for the first aid kit.

As he was searching, millions of thoughts rushed through Yeonji’s mind, what is she going to tell him now? Is she going to tell him the truth? She don’t have the answers to them. But she knows that Daehyun won’t let this matter rest.

Daehyun came back with the first aid kit, placed it beside her, opened it and took out the ointment. Gently, he took Yeonji’s hand and rubbed the ointment onto it. Once done, he put the ointment by the side and held both of her hands.

He rested his head against Yeonji’s chest without speaking a word. Soon, Yeonji could feel her white cotton shirt getting wet, Daehyun was crying. This was the first time ever she saw Daehyun in such a weak state, and it was all because of her. She did not know what to do. She could only rest her head on Daehyun’s, and cried along with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After minutes of being in each other’s embrace, Daehyun stopped crying. Instead he lifted his head, brought his hands up and cupped her face, his thumbs brushing away the tears that were still trickling down her face.

He brought her face nearer to him, and as gently as he could, he kissed each of her eyes, kissing away her tears. “Don’t cry anymore, my baby,”

He moved back, placed his forehead on hers, with his eyes closed, “Please…don’t leave me,”

Unknowingly, as he said those words, the flood gates opened again, his tears were out again.

Yeonji could only bring her hands up, and wiped his tears away, “Don’t cry, it hurts me.”

Daehyun said nothing, but only caught her hands, and pecked each of her hands. He opened his eyes, and looked into hers.

“You are hurting me too…” Daehyun placed brought her hand over his chest, “especially this part of me, it hurts so much.”

Yeonji could not help but to tear, she knew it hurt him a lot, it hurts her a lot too. She looked at Daehyun who had his head hung low, his tears dripping on her hand that was over his chest. She should really tell him the truth. No matter how difficult it is to let him know.

Daehyun looked up, cupped her face again, this time, he placed his lips on her, “Don’t leave me.”

She felt his lips moving against hers as he said those words. Her eyelids drooped down, and nodded her head, she could feel Daehyun smiling again before kissing her passionately. She could only lie to him again, she could not muster up the courage to really tell him the truth. It would ten times more hurtful then this.