1`

What If...

There he is, under the big shady tree like always, eyes closed, with a mask covering the lower half of his face, with only his eyes visible. She walked over with a mini camcorder in hand and filmed him. Rays of sunshine peeked through the leaves of the tree, accentuating his strong masculine jawline. His long bangs covered his eyes and were begging for attention to be brushed away. With the camcorder on her right hand, it being zoomed in on his angelic face, she lifted her left hand and brushed away his bangs.

Someone grabbed her wrist as she was brushing. Her eyes widened as she saw his eyes flickered open, staring right into the camera. The intense glare fixed on her eyes separated by a camcorder.

“What do you think you are doing?” he hissed.

“I…i….”

*It’s now or never.*

“Hi, I’m Lee Yeonji,” she smiled.

His intense glare was switched to a confused look. “Huh?”

“Nice to meet you, let’s be friends,” she smiled.

He was confused yet something was telling him he should be friends with her. And that’s was what he did, “Hi, I’m Jung Daehyun.”

That was how they met. In the school garden where nobody heads to, where Daehyun was always seen sleeping there during lunch time, where Lee Yeonji first fell in love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Yah yah yah! Stop it!” Yeonji shrieked as she squirmed under Daehyun’s tickling attack.

Daehyun continued on, with a camcorder on his left hand and his right hand tickling Yeonji. She was pinned under him on her bed and she had no way to escape. Daehyun continued his ruthless attacks, “Ani, not until you agree to call me oppa.”

Yeonji laughter was endless, and beads of perspiration were forming on her forehead already, “Arraseo! Please stop Daehyun oppa!”

“That’s better,” Daehyun gladly stopped and got off Yeonji. Yeonji sat up with a frown.

“Oh come on Yeonji-ah, you are supposed to call me oppa since I’m older than you, so stop frowning.” Daehyun stated.

“By only a few months,” Yeonji pouted and snatched the camcorder back.

Now the focus of the camcorder was switched to Daehyun. Something was different this time. What was different you ask? His mask was off. His face had a brighter glow to it. If you were to ask me, I believe all this had something to do with meeting Yeonji.

Yeonji smiled as she focused on filming Daehyun. Their argument had stopped when Yeonji was completely focused on filming Daehyun. Just months ago, she was hiding around and filming Daehyun without him knowing, and now, they were the closest of all.

She smiled as she reminisced about the past. About how Daehyun had always hid behind his mask and not caring about anyone except his other five best friends, practically brothers of his. Initially, Yeonji had never cared about him either, she was always alone, no friends, no one bothered about her and she didn’t mind about them. She would always go to the school garden to have her lunch, but that one day when she found Daehyun asleep by the tree had changed her life.

The way Daehyun slept was so peaceful, the way his long eyelashes cascaded, and soon, Yeonji found herself filming him in during every lunch time. The way he sleeps just seems to calm her down.

“Yeonji~ LEE YEON JI!” Daehyun voice snapped her out of her reverie.

“Yes?” she sheepishly grinned.

“Had you been listening to me?” Daehyun questioned, and he crossed his arms, obviously annoyed that his previous questions had been ignored.

“Sorry, no.” she gave a grin.

He closed his eyes and sighed, “Let me repeat myself then, do you want to go out now?”

She tilted her head to one side, confused, “To where?”

Daehyun smirked, “You’ll see, come on.” He got up and pulled Yeonji up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“How long more……………..” Yeonji whined as she held onto Daehyun’s shirt from the back.

“A while more.” Daehyun assured her.

They continued hiking up the mountain for a few more minutes before they reached the top.

“Woah…” Yeonji could not stop her surprise in the view. Immediately she whipped out her camcorder and started filming the view. With a few photos snapped as she filmed.

The view was breathtaking; it was as if she could see the whole of Seoul from above. The scene was just like a painting. She felt her arm being tugged and she looked down to meet the eyes of Daehyun. He tugged on her wrist getting her to sit down and mouthed the words, ‘Sit down’ to her. She sat down beside him and turned to him and mouthed, ‘Thank you.’ and she turned back to film her surroundings.

She felt so peaceful, all she could hear was the chirping of the birds in the trees and nothing else.

She turned and saw that Daehyun had lay down on the soft grass with his eyes closed, and it seems as though he was asleep.

*Chance!*

Yeonji turned her camcorder to him and recorded him, asleep, just like the past few times. She always loved seeing him sleeping. It was as if she lost within the sight of him sleeping.  Just seeing him sleep was sufficient to her.

“What do you think you’re doing now,” Daehyun’s eyes shot open and his hands grabbed onto her wrists.

Shocked, Yeonji’s grip on the camcorder weakened and it went flying towards the grass. Thankfully, the camcorder was still intact thanks to the softness of the grass.

As the camcorder fell onto the grass, Daehyun flipped Yeonji over, with her pinned under him now.

“Why do you love taking videos of me sleeping?” Daehyun asked, his gaze was so intense it was scaring Yeonji abit.

Yeonji shrugged, “I just love doing so, no particular reason.”

“Oh…really?” Daehyun said with a teasing gaze.

“Yes. Now would you get off me now?”

“No.” Daehyun stated, his eyes filled with the same intensity as before once again.