4`

What If...

The coughing fit of Yeonji punctuated the silence of the consultation room.

The sterile smell of the wards assaulted her nose as she stepped out into the hallway. Why did it worsen? Now it was less than two months left with Daehyun.

This is impossible.

Now, I have to leave you soon. Even sooner than I had expected.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Lee Yeonji!”

She jumped when she felt a weight on her shoulder and turned her head only to have a kiss stolen from her.

“Yah! Jung Daehyun!” she hollered at the boy running away.

“Catch me if you can~” Daehyun stuck out his tongue like a little kid.

“Aish, you.”

Both of them were running in the park just beside Yeonji’s home, initially it was the girl chasing the guy, but now the order has changed.

“Gotcha!” Daehyun wrapped his arms round Yeonji’s tiny waist and lifted her up. He spun her round and round, with her squealing to be released. Being the stubborn and playful self, he refuses to.

But of course, he got tired and sat down on the grass with Yeonji still trapped in his embrace, with her seated in between his legs.

Daehyun rested his chin on Yeonji’s shoulder and complained, “I’m tired.”

“Karma for not letting me down,” she playfully hit his arms and tried to stand up.

“What………..now, I’m not letting you go,” he declared as he pinned her down on the grass.

“Yah…yah…yah…what do you think you’re doing.”

“Punishement,” he smirked and began his ruthless attacks.

Yeonji burst into laughter, and squirmed under his attacks, with incessant apologies being said in between bits of laughter.

“Okay, I think that’s enough.”

Yeonji panted from the lack of oxygen being taken in during laughing as she sat up and punched Daehyun lightly on his chest.

“Aww, don’t be angry baby,” he pecked her lightly on the lips.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The couple got bored of whatever they do in the mundane park and decided to just rest around at Yeonji’s home. So here we have the couple snuggled to one another on the sofa, watching some romantic cheesy movies.

Yeonji continued swooning over how the male protagonist was so sweet to the female protagonist. She looked at Daehyun who was resting his head on her lap, wanting to tell him about the scene, only to find him asleep. She swept his bangs to the side and his head gently.

Yeonji reached over to the side table where her camcorder was situated at, and switched it on. Filming the way Daehyun sleeps again. She must be addicted to Daehyun’s sleeping expression.

As she continued filming Daehyun, she leaned down to kiss the side of his head. “I’m sorry Daehyun, it seems like I have to leave you sooner.”

Hot tears filled her eyes, before the tears could roll down, she carefully stood up, lifting Daehyun’s head and replaced her lap with the couch pillow and headed to clean her face up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before Yeonji returned, Daehyun jolted awake. A nightmare he had during that short nap, shocked him. He dreamt that Yeonji would leave him, and it would be soon. Will his nightmare come true? He hoped not.

His eyes flickered to the lone object atop of the glass coffee table in front of him – the camcorder. A voice in his head was telling him to switch it on and watch the videos on it. That was what he did.

He rummaged about and found the wire and connected the camcorder to the television.

And he watched all the videos, from the very first one they took together – his confession, to the last one which she had just taken.

He spotted the familiar silver device, and he knew that must consist of what he had to know. He grabbed it, switched it on, and played the only audio file it had.

After all this, what Daehyun feared seems to be coming true.

Yeonji is gonna leave him.