2`

What If...

Daehyun reached over and took the camcorder. Now the camcorder was in his hands, he turned the camcorder towards him and said a few words. Mimicking the way Yeonji always does before she starts filming.

“14th February 2012. Today is the day.” Daehyun said and looked at Yeonji.

Yeonji was beyond confused by his words, she was puzzled. Gently, Daehyun placed the camcorder down beside Yeonji’s head and he flipped the LCD monitor, making sure that it was not too zoomed in and everything was perfectly fitted in the screen.

Once done, Daehyun lowered his head. Yeonji’s eyes widened, heartbeat quickened, “What are you doing?” she managed to blurt out before Daehyun could continue.

“Shh…” Daehyun shushed her, with his lips just a few inches before hers, she could feel his hot breath against her.

“Lee Yeonji. I’m saying this once, and I hope you would just listen to me for now. Lee Yeonji, I love you, ever since I laid my eyes on you in the school garden when I first caught you filming me,” Daehyun took a short intake of air, “I really really love you and I hope you love me too.”

After confessing, Daehyun placed his lips on hers, and kissed her with all his love poured in, his eyes shut. His sincerity could be felt through this one sweet kiss, and without knowing, Yeonji responded to his kiss, with her eyes shutting too. A lone tear was seen trailing off her cheek as the kiss lingered on.

Soon, Daehyun lifted his head and both stopped to catch their breath. It was really a breathtaking kiss, and neither one of them had experienced it before. Daehyun looked into her eyes, waiting for her response. His eyes was filled with passion, love and sincerity, no one could reject him like this. And that was what Yeonji did, she nodded her head and smiled, and so did Daehyun before he leaned down and kissed her once again.

And all of this, was caught on film, a video that both of them would treasure in their whole life. A video of the sweetest confession made. But why was there a tinge of sadness in it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They lay on the grass side by side, with their hands together – fingers interlocked, as they stared into the azure blue sky.

Daehyun sat up, and pulled Yeonji up together with him. “Come on, we should get back now,” he smiled and stood up.

Yeonji got up and patted her jeans, getting rid of any dust.

Daehyun had already walked ahead when she was done patting, she turned back and looked at him.

His hand was out, waiting for Yeonji to place hers in it. She ran over and held onto his hand, and this time round, as they made their way down, there was no complaints heard. Yeonji was just feeling blissful being by his side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next, they went to an eatery located just nearby. They went in, and there was not much customers around. Daehyun chose a booth beside the window and pushed Yeonji to sit.

“Wait here, I’ll go make our orders,” he smiled and left.

While Yeonji waited, she took out her camcorder wanting to rewatch what she had recorded. She came upon the video in which Daehyun had purposely recorded. His confession.

She clicked the play button and watched the video. Her face reddened when she saw their kiss. She never would have thought her first kiss would be caught on film. Although she was smiling throughout, her smile was gone when she saw the tear trailing down her cheeks. She must not let Daehyun see this video. She knew the reason for her tear, she knew she was being selfish, but Daehyun must not know about it.

Instantaneously, she shut the camcorder and stored it into her bag safely.

Daehyun came back with the tray of food. Two bowls of ramen and two cups of ice lemon tea. The meal was eaten in comfort; with no awkwardness at all.

“What do you want to do now?” Daehyun asked as they stepped out of the eatery. His smile was huge, even his eyes were smiling, it was obvious he was really happy.

“I don’t know, do you want to go back now?” Yeonji answered.

“So fast? Aww man, alright then.” Daehyun pouted but soon got over it.

As they waited for the bus at the bus stop, Yeonji was getting tired and kept yawning. Daehyun noticed how tired she was getting and it was expected, considering they had been out for more than half a day now, and they even hiked up a mountain. He lifted his hand and gently pushed her head towards his shoulder. Yeonji smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder, it was really comfortable.

The bus soon arrived and both of them got on and chose a seat at the very back to rest in for the one hour ride back. Yeonji sat inside while Daehyun sat on the outside.

Daehyun took out his ipod, plugged one side into his ear and the other into Yeonji’s ear. “Rest your head on my shoulder, I know you’re tired.” Daehyun urged.

Yeonji nodded and slowly rested her head on his shoulder. It was really comforting. She tried to stifle a yawn, but failed. Her eyelids were feeling heavy and soon she was in her dreamland.

Daehyun looked over at her to see her asleep.

“Sleep tight my baby,” he leaned down and kissed her forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Go in and have a good night sleep baby,” Daehyun kissed her forehead and pushed her through the gates. She nodded her head groggily and walked to her apartment.

“Call me when you’re home!” she yelled before the elevator doors closed.

The moment she reached home, she went to her window and looked down, Daehyun was just walking away. She smiled widely before taking out her camcorder.

She switched it on, and turned the LCD monitor towards her, “14th February 2012, my life feels complete now, I would have no regrets when I have to leave three months later,” she gave a bitter grin before switching it off and plugging it in to charge.

Three months left, I’m sorry Daehyun. I did not want to be so selfish but my love for you is too strong to be ignored any longer.