Epilogue (Full)

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

   There are numerous of happy moments in Chanyeol's lifetime, and she never thought Death will be the happiest experience she will ever have.

 

   Running on the ethereal abyss, a man dressed in black, follows by dark aura at his trail, heads to the entrance gate. The newly arrived souls are frightened to his sudden appearance, near the huge golden door; but the girls from the group notice his handsomeness and they later smile at him in dazed. With simply straightening his black leather coat, he makes all the female souls squeal. He provides a cold stare just in order to shut them up. As the place is silent again, he shifts the red of orbs of his eyes to the being, dressed in all-white, who welcomes these wandering souls.

 

   "Yah, Double—tripple-dead-friend-who-is-secretly-and-stupidly-in-love-with-my-wife." He called insultingly. "Where is she?"

   Parted mouth, the youthful man is stunned with his rude interrogation, but he swiftly recovers and smiles radiantly at the latter. He lightly laughs, lifting the tension surrounding the area.

   "Well your Majesty, if you can please let me finish my work today, I'll be more than glad to guide you to her whereabouts." He politely and softly said and the rigid look from the taller man did not budge.

   He smirks and says. "You just called me majesty so you should know I'm too important to hang in here, Saint Bacon."

 

   "It's Baekhyun." The other man corrected. He loses it. The audiences are quite but Baekhyun sees they are puzzled, so bright face on again, he marches to the taller guy. He instinctually does a damage control and without any word, he gestures his hand to follow him outside.

 

   Baekhyun stands, rests his back on the wall, arms fold on his chest. He stares the other man sternly, blowing the hair blocking his eyes.

   He sighs before asking, "Are you really this unethical, Sir?" then, a raise of one of his eyebrows. "Can't you see how busy I am right now?"

   "Ha! Do you think I am not on my pose?" The latter rebutted. "If the message about my wife did not reach to hell, should have I wasted my time here? Or maybe, your past interest to her is reborn that's why you want to keep her for yourself."

   "I don't have that hidden intention, Your Majesty." Baekhyun's voice is back in rising once more. He quickly snaps himself as he shakes his head, because he realizes, the man he is speaking with is still a boss. He also does not want, this wife this man is referring, to be disappointed at him.

   Returns from being composed, Baekhyun clears his throat and resumes. "Chanyeol is in my hut. I'll be taking you there, don't worry." Before the blond man opens his mouth and seems to complain again, without wasting any second, the shorter talks first. "James-hyung."

   A dove flew from above to Baekhyun's offered hand. The gentle bird rests there so he smiles at him. "Please tell Peter-Sunbaenim that he needs to shift schedule with me. Like... right now. King Kris is asking for my assistance about the Queen." The bird chirps as a response and Baekhyun pets his tiny head. The sunny ambiance forming between them will only be stormed out by Kris' laugh.

   The Royal being finds Baekhyun, who's now a saint, a hilarious creature. He is almost amazed of how the shorter developed from a timid character into the serious young man in front of him. The possible cause of his change is when Chanyeol requested for her friend’s canonization, that little to the knowledge of mortals; heaven has their own system and proclamation for saints. However, no matter what pride or position Baekhyun may have now, the same polite Korean native boy is what Kris sees on him.

   Before the not very please saint asks the taller of his sudden laugh, Kris smiling, clears his throat and waves his hand. “That’s nothing.”

   Although not convinced yet, Baekhyun nods and lifts himself from the wall. “I’ll be back with you once Peter-Sunbaenim is here. Please stay here for now, Your Majesty.”

   He is about to go back to the wandering souls when, “Hold on.” Kris stops Baekhyun who willing waits for what he is going to say. “Why are you so formal to me and earlier, you called my wife simply with Chanyeol?”

   “Do you want me to address you with your name too, Sir?” Baekhyun smirks.

   “No, you should call my wife Queen if you don’t want me to get suspicious of you again.” The line in the Saint’s lips form into a flat line. “Not only because your friends in your past lives, you can freely play pals-pals here.”

   “As you wish, Sir.” And Kris shoos the shorter away with his hand snobbishly, unaware that Baekhyun rolls his eyes as he turns back. He is muttering. "Pals-pals. Pals-pals. Pals-pals."

 

 

 

   The travel is short and the two of them reach Baekhyun's hut which is in the middle of flower fields, where infinite sunset is displayed above the sky. It is a mini palace made of white concretes and marbled floors, corridors line with white columns, making the place so spacious and the colourful blossoms are viewable outside. The King's Hell does not have time to appreciate the peaceful quality of that place. He hurriedly barges inside the house and makes a great distance from the owner of it. Baekhyun cannot catch up with him so instead; he shouted the direction where he can locate Chanyeol. Kris walks faster after receiving his words and the exhausted Saint, who is chasing him, stops, panting as he rests his hand on one of the pillars.

   Kris does not expect layers and layers of doors will welcome him and he thought encountering them is endless. When his wife's presence is getting closer, his will rises again. After the last door, a person in white long sleeves and cotton crisp pants is standing in the middle of the office. Kris can only see his back, his lanky figure, and his short reddish hair. Even though the King cannot see his face, he knows that person is smiling. And slowly, the young man looks at his direction.

   "Hyung." Kris does not waste the moment, moving closer to him, and ravishes his sweet lips. The King secures the space between him and Chanyeol as he wraps his long arms around his wife's torso while their kissing is not interrupted. It is passionate and needy that fulfills their longing for each other. As both have close eyes, Kris kisses deeper and deeper into Chanyeol's mouth, biting the lower lip before he parts from the latter. The place becomes steamy when they stop, Kris' forehead attached to Chanyeol's.

   "Hey." Kris breathily said. He is still eyeing at his wife's plump lips. "What are you playing now, calling your husband 'Hyung'? We have never seen for two years and your being naughty Park Chanyeol."

   The younger's long lashes reveals his endearing golden pair of eyes, which looks at Kris lovingly. Chanyeol holds Kris at the back of his neck, his breath passing the other. Kris cannot help noticing the flush cheeks of the younger, enduring not to attack his wife with kisses once more.

   With pouted lips, Chanyeol replies to him. "I... I miss this form so much because I've been stuck inside a female body for a long time. Don't you like it?"

   Smirking, Kris grabs the back of Chanyeol's hip and presses it closer to his. "Of course, I like it. I miss the boy Park Chanyeol too."

   Chanyeol's face becomes redder and shyly grins as he looks down. "I miss your demon form too, My Love."

   "Oh, really? I want to see your maiden form as well, Sweetie, but your human male form is truly adorable." Lifting up Chanyeol's chin, they fall into their desire of sharing taste again.

   In the midst of their hot make out session, Baekhyun along the usual reaper enter the office. The pair both jaw-drops and eyes grow bigger at the view of their romantic scene.

   "Oh Saint Baekhyun, why did you bring two bunnies in heat in our place?" #921 said in his shock. "I cannot remember that I let you use it as their breeding ground!"

   "Yah!" Kris is forced to suspend their kiss, putting the flushed Chanyeol behind him as he faces Baekhyun and #921 in front. "You're being disrespectful to your bosses, Mr. Grim Reaper."

   "Well, you seriously don't deserve my respect, My King." He snobbishly said.

   "What?"

   "Will you guys stop?" Chanyeol glares at both parties and cannot allow the approaching feud. Kris and the reaper calm themselves down, yet eyes keep with their piercing look that as if volts are clashing in between.

   "My apology, My Queen. But, I honestly don't like encountering your husband. He's the reason why I ask Baekhyun to leave the human world together at the age of 35." Kris wants to spew curses to #921 but Chanyeol swaps position with him and now he is at the back. The younger holds his hand tightly to control him while exchanging smile with his reaper friend. "By the way, how's your love story down there? I can't catch up with the number of children you bore, sorry."

   Chanyeol's face blushes once more. "We had twelve kids there." #921's eyes bulge bigger again while Baekhyun keeps his silent but the topic seems awkward for him. "I think you were there when I first gave birth to my triplets. Then after them, twins, the next years, had triplets once again, and had two pair of twins consecutively."

   "I never thought the Demon behind you has that powerful gut." One more word from the reaper and Kris is sure to kill him. "Anyway, all of them are dead now, right?"

   "Uh... yes." Chanyeol uncomfortably answered. "I told Kris that I wanted to reach one hundred years in our mortal life. The kids passed away before us because of that goal. Kris left at his centennial then I came next when I reached it."

   "Congratulations." The reaper plainly compliments.

   "Heh." Chanyeol scratches his head. "I wish to visit them and my parents. Where is that again?"

   "Don't worry, I'll take you there."

   "No need." Kris talks at last. "I know that place too."

   "Wait, Chanyeol. You have another child other than twelve, correct?" Baekhyun is right. The couple looks at each other realizing that. "You don't remember?"

   "No." Chanyeol immediately disagreed. "He is our first baby after all. Oh my, Kris, I want to see our boy now. He must have built grudge on us because it's like we neglected him."

   "I don't think he would do that. But... heh." Kris' smile looks suspicious. "I never visited him since I've gone here."

   "Why?" Chanyeol asked in surprised.

   "Because, I'm waiting for you. I want us to meet him together."

   "King Kris is swamped with all the works in administrating hell by himself." Baekhyun explained it further.

   Chanyeol nods as he understands, but his eyes are glinting with sadness. Kris holds both side of his face to glance at him again and draw his lips closer to his. Baekhyun and #921 disgust the view of course.

   "We will meet him soon but first, I want you to come with me to hell." Kris said.

   "Ohoho, I don't think you'd be fond of it." The reaper said.

   "No, it will be fun." Kris opposed.

   "But, what about dinner?" Baekhyun asked. "I'll be happy to serve a meal for all us if you stay here longer."

   "It's alright, Baekhyun." Chanyeol said to his friend. "I want to buy some time alone with my husband here. So let's do it next time, okay?"

   The saint nods and after bidding farewell to him and the reaper, the couple leaves.

 

 

 

   The hell is a vast festive red ground with palace music in the air and dancing demons. This is far from Chanyeol's expectation. There are a lot of beautiful girls and they have voluptuous body, different from the neutral-gender-angels who all appeared as young men. The girls gaze at him lustfully and invite him to join them. Thankfully Kris pulls him and blocks his view at them.

   "Oh~ the King's playmate." And then, they giggle.

   With a glare from Kris, one of them suddenly has a flame on her hair. The girls panic and help her get rid of it, there Kris laughs antagonistically. Everyone becomes silent as they hear their King's voice. They all vow, making Chanyeol and Kris tower the crowd.

   "Listen." He said as his voice echoes. "Believe it or not—or you better believe it, if you want to exist, this is my wife, the Queen of Heaven and now the Queen of Hell. Go on and all hail the Queen."

   "WELCOME, OUR DEAR QUEEN." Every demon obediently greeted and Chanyeol was overwhelmed.

   "Good. Now, if you please, I need a personal space with my wife." Kris grips Chanyeol's wrist and they move forward to the black castle. The demons resume their festival when they are gone.

   From the exterior of the castle, Chanyeol assumes how spooky it is inside. There is a disturbing painting inside each black huge frames hanging in the corridors. All of them show different kinds of torture. Chanyeol can only gulp looking at them then gets distracted by a black rushing form, which comes and goes in every corner.

   Chanyeol is bothered by it and so as his company.

   "Will you stop that?" Kris said in his annoyance, not to Chanyeol but to the black figure.

   "I'm sorry. I heard the shouts from outside and I can't help myself to see My Dear Queen again." From black smoke, Amon finally appears in front of the couple and he is not looking so well.

   "Oh, Jongin!" Chanyeol cried, blocking his mouth with both hands. "What happened to you?"

   The demon almost looks like a mummy with the bandages that covers most part of his body. He seems to be ashamed in appearing like this but he does anyway. Chanyeol quickly shifts his focus to his husband and glares at him. Kris is alarmed signing his hands that his wife's speculation is wrong.

   "Explain." Chanyeol firmly demanded.

   "I'm aware that Amon had been a silly boy when he tried to court you in his human form. But I swear, Chanyeol, I'm not responsible of his injuries right now." Kris disclaimed.

   "Then, who?"

   "It's... Gabriel." Amon spilled it out. Chanyeol is more than shock to his confession.

   "Don't play clueless of how ruthless your guardian is." Kris puts his arm around his wife's shoulder. "He is one of reason why I can't meet our son yet."

   "But, he is a nice guy."

   "Oh yes." The King signals his servant to leave them and the scaredy-cat Amon vanishes from the black smoke. Kris clasps his hands to Chanyeol's and they face each other. "Sweetie." He softly called. "Is it okay if we stay here for the night?"

   "Sure." Chanyeol without having a second thought agreed. "I'm fine if we visit our boy tomorrow."

   Kris leans to him and pecks on his forehead. "Thank you."

   Chanyeol nods. "I want to say thanks for your loyalty too."

   "Loyalty?" His husband is confused.

   "Yes. When I saw the girls outside, I thought they occupied your mind of how pretty they are, but I was wrong. You did not tell them directly but I know all you wanted to say is I'm yours, you're mine, and we're for each other."

   Kris forms an unreadable curve on his lips before he responds. "You made a mistake there, Sweetie. It does not mean anything."

   "Oh, so this conversation is not making any sense to you." Chanyeol hints disappointment, raising both of his eyebrows. "We'll sleep separately then."

   "Hey, I'm just kidding."

 

 

 

   Over eighty three years may have past, but the shelter Kris and Chanyeol used to live before is same and unmoved by the time. The human like young man with wild golden orbs excitedly lands on the pristine white floor of the vicinity. Lucifer, who preferred to be called Luhan now, is standing in the plains and he seems he is anticipating for their arrival. With arms open wide, Chanyeol runs to him for his embrace. He smells like marshmallow and mint as Chanyeol sniffs his scent while his nose nuzzles the crook of his neck. He lifts his face from there and finally looks the angel before him. Luhan is beaming blazingly at him.

   "Lulu-Hyung!" He is unable to control his high tone voice. The angel just chuckles at him then they hug again. Both people are unaware how deep crimson Kris' eyes become as he observes their intimacy. "How are you?"

   "I'm so good, especially now that you guys are here." The latter cheerfully said. Cannot take their compress any longer, Kris sarcastically laughs as he pulls the back of Chanyeol's collar to move him away from the angel.

   "That's lovely to hear, Lucy." His grin is unauthentic. "Where is this son we left you?"

   "Prince Sehun?" By the mention of that name, there is a red tint forms on Luhan's pale cheeks. He is escaping the eyes of the couple, who are both wearing all white. "I asked him to take a bath this morning. He must be done by now."

   Kris and Chanyeol exchange look before nodding to each other. Luhan guides them inside to their home and the place does not really change a thing. Leading the group, the angel spreads the door open with both hands. They walk to the long hallway and climb the wide staircase. Before they can reach their son's room, the subject of their coming crosses path to them.

   Kris and Chanyeol silently stare at the boy in casual white clothes across them. The first thing they notice is his taller height, it is almost similar with Efes' angel form, his hair is pure black, eyes are as purple as the night sky, and the usual heaven's colour clothes, white. His face is much similar to Kris than to Luhan. Sehun may look at his teen but the pair knows he is immortal and ages more than that.

   "Oh." He initially shows a smug look at his parents. "Is this my legendary parents?" He walks forward to Chanyeol, glances to the taller figure beside him. "This must be Appa." And, His eyes return at his mother. "Luhan, why did Umma's large shrink?"

   This may be the first time their son meet them but it is possible that Kris will not handle his pissed off feeling right now, chance to strangle his own child. At the same time, Chanyeol blocks his hand on his chest and blushes. Luhan sees their twisted expression so he needs to clear the ugly air.

   "Sehun." He sternly called the attention of the younger. "Is that how I teach you of how you greet you parent's properly? Haven't we practice it a lot of times?"

   "Fine." Sehun rolls his eyes. "Oh Appa, I finally meet my mighty father. I heard you're so supportive and even choose me over Umma on the apocalypse. And ooh~ Umma, you're so heroic. It's ok if you left me. It's for the whole world after all." His parents are speechless from his monotonous scripted line.

   There is like a sound of insects chirping in the background.

   Kris scoffs. "That's so lame, son."

   "I know right?" The father and child seem to find their common ground, and that is picking on their favourite prey. They sneer and Luhan has nothing to do but shakes his head.

   "Give him a break, you two." Chanyeol defends the angel. While his husband and son are busy with their offensive mirth, he grasps Sehun’s hand to make him behave and pays his care.

   The youngest in the room abruptly feels weird.

   There is a deafening silent and the only sound he can hear is the loud pump of his heartbeat. At his front, his mother’s movement is slow too, the flick of his lushes, his breathing, and the pursing of his lips. Chanyeol is saying something to him. "E...nough...of...the...in...tro... Se...hun... a...ren't...you... go...ing...to...give...your...Um...ma...a...hug?" The taller momentarily opens his arms and bit by bit, encircles it to his son. A heavy wave hits Sehun in his mind, forcing him to close his eyes.

   None of Chanyeol, Kris and Luhan notices the agony he is experiencing. But as the attack seems to stop, the prince laces his hands around his mother's hips and tugs him closer. He leans his head on the crook of his neck, nuzzling it before he place a supple kiss there.

   Chanyeol is electrified by the Goosebumps from his act and Kris who witnessed it too, pulls his wife away from his son. His brows furrows but wipes it away and laughs although nothing seems funny.

   "Woah! You're quiet bold in welcoming your Umma, Sehun." He said. The boy blinks and when he faces them the three gawks at him.

   "Luhan his eyes." Struck and back lies on his husband's broader physique, Chanyeol points at his son like he is not in himself. Luhan remains unresponsive.

   The King smirks, holds Chanyeol's hand that is blocking his view. He proudly says. "He inherits it from me."

   Chanyeol glances up on him and gestures his head in opposition, pouting. "No, it's not red. That's mine, gold."

   Sehun shakes his head in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter