Thirty Two

Heaven and Hell (120404)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                People must have thought one that this Friday afternoon of November will be a normal busy day, not until everyone is caught of the same experience. It is not the usual earthquake that has stopped the crowd walking in the street. It is not any accident that will make anyone suspend from talking with their families, friends and colleagues. They are not panicking, disturbed or getting insane, but they are all calm and listening to someone speaking inside them. The lives of this people are trapped in the same phenomenon.

                In depths of everyone’s soul, a girl’s voice is what they are hearing.

                “People of the world, my name is Chanyeol, the Princess of Heaven, God’s Daughter, and Jesus’ Younger Sister. I am with you since the day I was born and horror of the current situation. I’m here reaching my voice for the sake of your salvation. The world will not last more than you expected and that is evident from the recent disasters you’re all experiencing. My people, this planet is at its ends, meaning your privilege to live is about to lose.”

                The ordinary people, young and old, man or woman, rich or poor, start asking Chanyeol regarding what she provided them. They are of course hysterical as expected. In line with it, nervous starts to crawl to the armored maiden.

 

                It has been days ago when she told this plan of warning to her comrades. She announced that there’s a solution for this drama and she needed a little help for it to come true. There was uncertainty from the way she talked to them. The angels and specially Kris could sense that, but all are sync in thinking it must have been the pressure.

                The group had never thought the Zero Numinous Zones, scattered all over the world, were a helpful place this time. Chanyeol asked her comrades to bring the people there while fixing the issue about the planet by her own. In order to do that, she would need to confront the mortals and make them realize how serious the situation was.

 

                Coming this far from the plan, everything is made possible by her hidden ability of telepathy. She must have missed that part when she is studying her own manual. After being occupied of a short flashback and admiration of her new obtain skill, the gravity of the people’s voice reaching her starts pulling her again. Her mind suddenly blocks, her posture near the cliff becomes unstable. She almost slips at the edge, good thing Kris is just beside her and all of her guardians are surrounding them. The whole group is standing at Mrs. Park’s memorial.

                Helping her to fix her pose, Kris kisses her temple and whispers. "Relax."

                With a smile, she nods and resumes. "Don’t be afraid, my people. I am one with you in preventing the catastrophe to happen. I won’t let this planet along all your bittersweet memories vanish. I won’t let your lives to be squandered. The reason why I also brought myself here is to save you as much as I can." The closed eyes Chanyeol speaks with calmness on her tone that tranquil the human race down. “I want you all to fight for your rights to exist. The way to do that is with your cooperation. One of these days, I and my colleagues will appear in front of your homes and rescue you, so you better prepare for that. So long my beloved mortals.”

                Her connection with the hearts of every human being cuts off. Her pulse is still pounding hard even after her speech. She is trembling a lot. When she opens her eyes and looks at her friends, a proud look from all of them greets her. They all clap their hands for her in which she accepted with a sweet smile of gratitude.

                “Am I so formal? Do you think I give them a hard time to understand it?” She asked worriedly. Kris shakes his head and embraces her.

             “No, it’s just fine. We already did heaps of revision and practice that, didn’t us?” Nodding her head, Chanyeol answers the warm hug of her Demon Boyfriend.

                “Thank you everyone.” She said softly.

                Chanyeol will surely miss all this moment. She is getting emotional thinking about the future but she controls it so Kris will not notice that she is starting to be stiff.

                To eases the maiden, Minseok moves one step backward. “We should better head home since we need to prepare for bringing the mere mortals to safety.”  Everyone agrees except for Kris, who raises his hand.

                “You all go first. I want to have a little time with Chanyeol here.” Minseok sees how Chanyeol tenses from Kris’ hold after the Demon said that. This seems to be the right time for their Princess to open the box to her lover.

                Minseok nods and signals his siblings to return with him to their base.

                Intertwining hands, the young couple is left there alone.

 

 

 

                After the strange episode for each living being, Byun Baekhyun is dazed and sitting at the edge of his bed. The name of the mysterious person is the same with his friend. ‘Is it a plain coincidence?’

                That must be true. Park Chanyeol is a boy he met in the Entertainment Company that became one of his best pals in short period of time. Chanyeol who speaks inside him is absolutely a girl. Park Chanyeol’s voice is very deep that you will not mistake him that he belongs to the female race. ‘But, why it feels like they are only one?’

                It has been a long time since Baekhyun sees this Park Chanyeol friend. He heard Chanyeol is still attending his rap class moderately from his classmates but oddly, they never cross paths. Chanyeol seems to be always looking pale and there are moments he is not completely present in the building which is occurring recently. He does not wear a bright and cheerful expression unlike before. Those are the information Baekhyun gained from his friend’s observer. The last time the singer saw Park Chanyeol, the younger’s relationship with another tall guy named Kris appears to be more authentic. It must be one of the reasons for Chanyeol’s odd behavior.

 

                But, Byun Baekhyun knows to himself that Park Chanyeol is not an ordinary boy. He remembers the first time they meet. It was not in SM Entertainment. It is at the time of his accident when he unconsciously opened his eyes. He saw a girly-looking-face who must been shocked of his unforeseen movement. That face marked to his memory, especially appreciating his second life.

                It must be fate to meet Chanyeol again in the company. He is thankful the taller boy befriended him and he also learned Chanyeol is not a girl like he assumed. Baekhyun always wanted to ask the latter about the incident they first shared; however, it always been awkward because of the people inside Chanyeol’s circle. Those guys were like protecting him. Baekhyun could sense how important Chanyeol is to them, going to the conclusion… ‘It’s not impossible you are that person, Chanyeol.’

 

 

 

                Chanyeol feels nostalgic in the land where she bid her last farewell to Mrs. Park. There is a pinch of sadness at this place but she knows her mom must be resting peacefully after she properly sent her to where she’s at. Back in her usual uni clothing, Chanyeol hopes to see her soon. She is wondering if she will able to or she will vanish like what angels normally ended up with.

                “Chanyeol.” In her depths of her thinking, Kris called her. She smiles and reaches her hands to interlace with her Demon Prince.

                They are facing each other with bright faces but they both hint sadness in their eyes. Chanyeol can sense Kris is going to confront her about the truth. This shall be the right time and she is ready to confess if ever Kris asks her to.

                “Happy Birthday, Sweetie.” The Demon Prince kisses her on her forehead that she willingly accepts and likes it too. “How old are you?”

                “I’m seventeen.” She answered softly.

                “Heh.” Kris smirks. “Time sure flies fast. I remember you’re only 15 when we first met.” Chanyeol nods at him. “We didn’t have a good impression to each other but—aren’t you glad that we meet?”

                Chanyeol hums, hooking her arms around her boyfriend and the older holds her waist. They are closer than a while ago.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter